Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1274273 times)

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard - 1.0.0.123
« Reply #3165 on: August 16, 2011, 12:11:57 am »

The rune page I was gonna do is Dan Dinh's amumu page, but it's really expensive and uses dodge seals :s

You could probably replace them with armor yellows and not notice a significant difference.  I think everyone should have a set of armor runes (they're used on almost every jungle runepage and you can get nine of them for less than a single ms quint) and you can phase them out later for dodge runes if you really like the champ.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: August 16, 2011, 12:29:37 am »

I definitely recommend armour yellows over dodge yellows for jungling. Even for laning if you are a melee champion.

More consistent I feel. Dodge is ridiculously luck based, and if you wanted to luck jungle, you should play Master Yi or Tryndamere jungle instead.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: August 16, 2011, 01:13:36 am »

Dodge yellows are only good on Jax as far as I'm concerned.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: August 16, 2011, 01:16:42 am »

I highly recommend that people try Lux since she is free. She is my favorite champion of all time.

I build her as a straight AP caster and focus on using positioning and exploiting her range to keep myself alive. Buy a morellos, Ionian boots, and a deathcap. You can also get an archangels if you are particularly spammy feeling.

Start with whatever you like. I tend to start with a Dorans Ring, but you can also go Boots+3 or Meki Pendant.

Lux is a Mage, not a support. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You need CS.

R > E > Q > W, starting with Q. Getting W (shield) at 4 is optional, and a decision I am not yet sure on. If you are solo go without, get it if you are duo laning.

9/0/21, Flash/CV. Flash for "oops" moments and lane aggressiveness, CV for spotting laser targets Nd general map control (your team will love you for taking CV).

For the record, my runes are MPen/ScalingMP5/CDR/HP. These are not particularly important. Any Mage page will work (hah, that rhymes).

Leverage your E plus your passive to get last hits and harass in lane. Ignore your passive after the laning phase. You should not be autoattacking in teamfights. If you are, you are too close.

When teamfighting, stick to the edges of the fight and use your long range. Dont forget to throw your shield in as well.

There is one inevitable question for new Lux's: When to fire her laser.

A) Before a teamfight starts if you catch them grouped up.
B) During a teamfight.
C) After a teamfight to pick off survivors.

The correct answer is D: all of the above, in the same teamfight.  With max CDR Lux's ult is on a 24 second cooldown. Never hesitate to use it.

Note: Whenever I tell someone to build Morello's (or do it myself), SOMEONE complains that DFG is so much better that I should always pick it up over Morello's. This may be true on most champs, but on Lux it is not. The range on DFG is short. If you are close enough to use DFG as Lux you are far too close.

Another important thing to remember is that her E gives vision, very useful. If you're playing Lux and you facecheck a bush, you deserve to get your ass handed to you.

That is, unless this was changed -_-

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: August 16, 2011, 01:42:19 am »

No, it's still like that.

Other champs with the same thing are Cassiopeia and Orianna. Your guess is as good as mine as to why a pool of poison can give vision...

-----

After some lengthy consideration, I've decided to switch back from flash + smite on junglers to ghost + smite. I found that in theory, flash is always better than ghost. The problem is that a lot of junglers need a good early game to dominate or they just become useless meatshields (exception: Amumu). This means I need to be able to gank before I get my ultimate and on champions like Warwick or Olaf, flash just doesn't meet the requirements for early game ganks.

For example, suppose the enemy tank is super far overextended at top. He also has boots. Chances are you, as the jungler, will not have boots yet. If you have flash, a minor error in predicting where the enemy will go entirely screws up the gank. Even if you reach the enemy and slow them with red buff, if they have boots you might as well give up trying to continue the gank unless your teammate has some super CC. Furthermore, if you have flash and the enemy has flash, his flash will simply negate yours.

This is not the case with ghost. If the enemy is super overextended and you have ghost, they are dead. No contest.

I think the main reason I kept taking flash was because it's nearly impossible to counterjungle without it. However, seeing as how I barely ever counterjungle... I'm going to switch back to ghost.

----

Lastly:
Hello Community!

In the spirit of sharing information I would like to give you all a preview of the support portion of the sustain remake that we are gradually pushing out to solve the sustain problems. The goal of the changes was to lower total healing per second, while trying to retain the saving power of the heals, or even increasing them. In the cast of some characters who suffer from lacking of things to do due to cooldowns, we've given much more power to their other abilities, and made them more frequently castable.

Once again a disclaimer: These changes are not final until they're live, and may be subject to change, please do not use this against me as I would love to continue this exchange of information.

Soraka
* Starcall
** Cooldown reduced to 2.5 from 3
** Base damage reduced to 60/85/110/135/160 from 60/90/120/150/180
** AP ratio increased to .4 from .25
** Mana cost reduced to 35/40/45/50/55 from 40/50/60/70/80
** Shred increased to 8/9/10/11/12 from 8/8/8/8/8
** Maximum stacks reduced to 10 from 20

* Astral Blessing
** AP Ratio reduced to 0.45 from 0.9
** Cooldown increased to 20 from 10
** Base Heal increased to 65/130/195/260/325 from 60/120/180/240/300
** Armor Buff increased to 25/50/75/100/125 from 20/35/50/65/80
** Armor buff duration increased to 5 from 4
** Cast range increased to 750 from 650

* Infuse
** AP ratio increased to .75 from .6
** Cooldown reduced to 10 from 15
** Silence duration compressed to 1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 from 1/1.5/2/2.5/3
** No longer grants double mana to soraka on selfcast.

* Wish
** Wish AP ratio reduced to 0.7 from 1.3
** Base heal reduced to 200/300/400 from 200/320/440
** Mana cost reduced to 100/175/250 from 200/275/350

Sona
* Aria of Perseverance
** Base heal reduced to 25/50/75/100/125 from 35/70/105/140/175
** AP Ratio reduced to .25 from .35
** Now grants double her passive aura bonus to her heal target and herself for 3 seconds.
* Fixed a bug where Hymn of Valor and Aria of Perseverance caused her to deal 20% reduced damage
* Reduced the lockout time while casting Sona's songs to make them more responsive.

More coming soon when I get the info. I don't have information on the other healers yet.

Hurm...

I wouldn't mind if they globally nerfed supports across the board honestly. Right now they just make the game waaaaay too boring. It's not too bad in normals where you get nonsense lineups which are quite entertaining but in ranked... ZZZZzzzzz...

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: August 16, 2011, 03:08:31 am »

Assuming you take the time to apply all five stacks on a target, her passive shaves off a little more than a cloth armor on a target with 200 defense. That adds up to what, two, four percent more damage?

Against a target with 200 armor. My brother used to play Kayle, and he is NOT happy with the changes. Has ANYONE had success with the new Kayle over the old one?

I played with a couple of friends that are level 12 or so with my Nordic smurf. After a couple of games getting >20 kills, I can safely say she can rip people to shreds, especially after getting a Nashor's Tooth.

I did try her on my real account, but failed pretty badly against an AP mid TF. Though I think it's mostly because of my inexperience playing mid. And me catching all the triple cards with my face.

Dodge yellows are only good on Jax as far as I'm concerned.

Singed with Nimbleness says hi. (extra points for a low-CC, AD opponent team, when you can go Ninja Tabi)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 03:14:49 am by LASD »

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: August 16, 2011, 03:44:34 am »

I use boots of mobility on Singed regardless, so.

I have a very weird build for him, but it's always worked.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: August 16, 2011, 03:44:58 am »

Next patch is going to include a lot of sustain nerfs!

God, I can't wait. Harassing will actually be profitable.

edit: oh umiman already got this

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: August 16, 2011, 05:32:33 am »

Thank God. Nothing pissed me off more than fighting a Soraka in lane and watching her heal her near-dead lanemate by a fifth of his health. Or almost killing Soraka to watch her use double heal to near-full health again. That was dumb.
Also often called Boowells.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: August 16, 2011, 07:40:23 am »

Thank God. Nothing pissed me off more than fighting a Soraka in lane and watching her heal her near-dead lanemate by a fifth of his health. Or almost killing Soraka to watch her use double heal to near-full health again. That was dumb.
But that's what Sorakas do. They give up fighting power for healing power. That's kinda what they do best. Though, why you're expecting a Soraka to NOT heal is beyond me.

As far as I'm concerned, Soraka is pretty much useless now. Her goal was to heal as many people as possible. Her Starcall has a ridiculously short range to try and spam it on a champion, so she can't use it to fight, and if you are, then you're going to get beat up on. The other thing she could do was Infuse an enemy, but she was only doing that late game anyhow, as she would be giving her teammate all the mana she could early game or giving herself double mana for more healing. That isn't so big, because no she can use that far more often, but really, it's not going to help as much as the decreased healing factor hurts.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3175 on: August 16, 2011, 07:54:10 am »

DotA 2 trailer. Seems quite cool, I remember the names of some of those guys. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cSFPIwMEq4

Anyways, what really boggles me:
Quote from: iiKontaii, 1 minute ago
It's Ashe from LoL... I want this game now
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: August 16, 2011, 08:20:14 am »

I just cant respect support/carry lanes however hard I try.

My lane was Trynda/Skarner against Ashe/Janna, at one moment of checking, we had 50 CS(both), Ashe had 60 and Janna had 15. Where did that 25% of last hits go?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3177 on: August 16, 2011, 08:53:10 am »

I just cant respect support/carry lanes however hard I try.

My lane was Trynda/Skarner against Ashe/Janna, at one moment of checking, we had 50 CS(both), Ashe had 60 and Janna had 15. Where did that 25% of last hits go?

Minions not last hit by champs. If the timing sucks, Ashe could either shoot 0.1 sec too late or 0.1 sec too early.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: August 16, 2011, 09:15:50 am »

Man, look at all the mads on the forum mass downvoting anyone that disagrees with the Nothing Interesting Happens Meta.
Shoes...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: August 16, 2011, 09:38:01 am »

I highly recommend that people try Lux since she is free. She is my favorite champion of all time.

-build-

Thanks!  I'm totally stealing this tonight- Lux has been on my "to try" list for quite some time.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 1067