Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1274325 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard - 1.0.0.123
« Reply #3120 on: August 15, 2011, 03:51:31 am »

Tankwick is the only way to play Warwick these days.

Regular Warwick dies too fast, especially after the nerfs. I remember observing how a Warwick with Bloodrazor did less damage than a full tank Udyr. Don't even bother comparing him to Nocturne. It just goes to show that DPS Warwick is outclassed by too many champions thanks to the power creep.

Tankwick on the other hand. Virtually immortal. Takes at least 3 people to focus him down. Q still does pretty ridiculous damage and heals for a lot. Initiates like a goddamn boss. Has a miniaturized version of Teemo's global taunt, so he doesn't need his own taunt (You can bet your ass that people will always focus Warwick regardless of what he builds). Is still remarkably good at cleanup duty, which was always Warwick's role. Only problem is that his damage is pretty pathetic (other than his Q), which makes him pretty useless if the team has no damage.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: August 15, 2011, 06:13:47 am »

Getting better and better with Skarner.He's quite deceptive really, seems to fragile to be a tanky deeps early on, but once he gets Nashor and his shield hits level 5 he becomes almost unkillable, and most certainly unescapable.I started doing him the cerapa way with rushing tear first, then come boots and sheen, and after that i can easily choose to go either AP or AD turning tear into either of it's bigger items or sheen into triforce/lichbane.
The AP way makes him much more bursty but it's somewhat costlier than AD and you don't get that real insane damage as fast but once you do, oh boy infinite slow plus some 400-500 hundred damage every few seconds is insanely good fun :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: August 15, 2011, 06:34:33 am »

what do you think talon will cost?
my guess 6300 (i dont buy RP at all, ever)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 06:38:45 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #3123 on: August 15, 2011, 09:39:38 am »

I have a rather huge lack of people to duoqueue with, unless you wanna get your NA account to 30 already.

I am level 30 on NA. I might be up for some DuoQ with you :)
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: August 15, 2011, 09:49:08 am »

I have a rather huge lack of people to duoqueue with, unless you wanna get your NA account to 30 already.

I am level 30 on NA. I might be up for some DuoQ with you :)

I'm level 30 too, and I've duequeued with V-Norrec a couple of times.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: August 15, 2011, 10:21:53 am »

Valve and Riot are having a money fight. It'll probably continue until it comes to the point where giving someone so much money for winning a single tournament becomes redundant.

In other news I have my learner's permit now :D.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:18:27 am by Yodamaster »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: August 15, 2011, 11:25:17 am »

Ive been wondering, is it even possible to trollbuild a Skarner?

AP and AD work, zeal stacking works, tank works. You could do boots only though, I guess.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: August 15, 2011, 11:33:57 am »

Did anyone else notice wins and losses seem to come in waves?  I swear I'm on the third day of some kind of horrible slump, I can't remember the last time recently I kicked ass.

Seriously, I have four wins and six losses in my match history, this is bullshit.  I remember back when I only had one loss in my history.
Shoes...

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: August 15, 2011, 12:44:13 pm »

Naxza, one of the reasons you're losing might be that you're playing Karma. Just my two cents. There are better supports, she's in a weird place right now.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: August 15, 2011, 12:51:06 pm »

I really want to play Skarner, but not so much that I would buy him outright. Guess I'll wait another week and hope that I'll have 6300 by the time I get a few test drives on him. Halfway there~
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: August 15, 2011, 12:51:23 pm »

I have become a bit better with Skarner, I arent quite as good with him as with ali, but its getting pretty close. I can safely add him to my (very small) list of champs I can play without screwing over my team.

Also, Jarvan fucks you up if you dont have flash and dragging people into turrets is so much fun, my most recent victim: an akali who was chasing a soraka.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: August 15, 2011, 01:39:39 pm »

Valve and Riot are having a money fight. It'll probably continue until it comes to the point where giving someone so much money for winning a single tournament becomes redundant.

In other news I have my learner's permit now :D .
Nah, Riot is offering a deceivingly large amount of money. Its 5 million for all of season 2, however long it lasts, and however many tournaments there are in it.
It looks like a lot more, but its probably a lot less per tournament.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: August 15, 2011, 02:15:08 pm »

Yeah, what MagmaDeath said.

I think the season lasts about a year? That's quite a lot of tournaments in there. Still, it's quite a bit of money.

Considering that prize pools tend to come from sponsors, maybe it just means people noticed how many were watching the Dreamhack tournament?

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: August 15, 2011, 02:32:04 pm »

I don't get wins or losses in waves now. Its been a consistent win win win loss loss win win loss win win win for me, even if thats not consistent at all :P . While I rarely get 6 win sprees anymore, my score is constantly getting more and more positive, so I don't care.

Anyway, here's hoping talon is the herald of the stealth rework and eve and twitch's return into viability.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: August 15, 2011, 02:41:28 pm »

Oh man. From now on I am going to respond to angry players by saying "If you going to rage, at least play trynd so it is cannon." That cracked me up.

As for ranged DPS vs tanky melee DPS... It can be tough. I have been playing a lot of Ashe ranked. She is one of the ranged DPS that really lack a quick retreat move. This means if you are caught out of postion it can be really hard to survive. Also, a fed tanky DPS basically takes you out of the game.

That being said, I still think Ashe has a spot on any team. In general tanky DPS can stun lock and kill you, so as long as you aren't 100 miles from your team you have a chance. Ulti + exhaust = about 4 or 5 seconds you have to get away. Then, if they chase, you can always do volley behind you.

But really, you shouldn't be getting caught away from your team/tower at all. It is best to go in after people have dropped their skills, while the melee are on the mages, and start doing damage and kiting. If their fed carry spends all his effort following you around only to kill you and die, that is a pretty good trade.

Finally, any tank or support that can give a ranged AD carry some breathing room is so valuable. A 2 second stun or fear can take a lot of life off of even a tank and if the ashe is smart and hits the enemy with arrow right as the stun wears off, it is pretty much a done deal.

All that being said I need to find a tanky dps that A) doesn't get banned B) is decent but not so good he will get nerfed and C) some other third thing.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 1067