Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1274320 times)

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard - 1.0.0.123
« Reply #3105 on: August 14, 2011, 11:02:31 pm »

A champ's W/L ratio shouldn't mean anything, imo. Too many factors go into winning and losing. Nasus could be OP but his team is bad, so he loses, or he is UP but gets carried hard often.

*Shrug.*

These statistics are from thousands of games.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: August 14, 2011, 11:07:11 pm »

Tear, BootsV1 then Catalyst into RoA.

So very little early game damage in exchange for a bit more late-game livability. :|

Seems silly now, since I've been getting superfed and farmed just by buying all AP all the time.
Have you considered stacking Doran's items? It can be well worth your money to get 1 or 2 Dorans if you can't afford anything else early on.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: August 14, 2011, 11:29:34 pm »

Tear, BootsV1 then Catalyst into RoA.

So very little early game damage in exchange for a bit more late-game livability. :|

Seems silly now, since I've been getting superfed and farmed just by buying all AP all the time.
Have you considered stacking Doran's items? It can be well worth your money to get 1 or 2 Dorans if you can't afford anything else early on.

I have thought about it, but never brought myself to do it in a semi-serious manner. It just seems like such a waste of gold and item slots for things I can't turn into more useful things. I did build 4 DRings and a Hextech Revolver during a weird alternate-role* ARAM game.

*Tanks build like AD carries. AD carries build like mages. Mages build as Tanks**.
**And nobody gets to be Ryze.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: August 14, 2011, 11:30:44 pm »

Nah, what he's referring to is the current 'metagame' (I hate that word).

In almost all ranked games, people want:
- AP carry mid
- Tanky DPS top
- ??? jungler
- Ranged AD carry + support bot

The support at bot is supposed to get 0 CS so that the ranged AD carry can get all the farm and be well on their way to being awesome. This is because most supports scale well with levels only and don't really need anything else whereas ranged AD carries scale best with items and not really with levels. So what he means is that Karma doesn't fit into this picture because she needs gold to be (very) useful, which would eat into the potential of the ranged AD carry.

It's kinda the same reason why Leona or Sivir are so looked down upon.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: August 14, 2011, 11:33:18 pm »

On AD carries 2-3 doran's blades is acceptable, and on certain AP carries 2-3 doran's rings is also perfectly acceptable.

The theory is you gain early game power using slots you wouldn't fill anyway, while building expensive stuff. By the time you have to sell the doran's you basically have core.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: August 15, 2011, 12:32:25 am »

Math Mage puts forth an interesting point on the LoL forums. With the great tool that is LoLStatistics, we are able to see that Xin currently has an even Win/Loss ratio. He is not actually OP like the community seems to think. Why then is he being nerfed?

Riot actually has the statistics too, and I'm pretty sure Phreak has said on a couple of occasions that LoLStatistics is good, but it's definitely not completely accurate.

When thinking about most balance decisions you should consider the fact that pretty much every Riot employee is absolutely terrible at the game.

And yet they're better than the community, have several high elo employees they consult, speak to high elo players sometimes about stuff, and have all the statistics about how much the high elo players win with what and when.

And what's even more important is that the community is absolutely fucking terrible about saying that certain champions are bad when they really aren't. Twisted Fate is a wonderful, shining example of this. So is Mordekaiser. And Gragas. And new Fiddlesticks. The NA high elo players even bought into this while Riot remained steadfast about how these champions are balanced, and in response the community whined about how Riot is clueless and that they all suck at the game.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: August 15, 2011, 12:39:55 am »

,___,
(O.o)
/),,,)
 "   "
A champ's W/L ratio shouldn't mean anything, imo.
that is all.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: August 15, 2011, 01:04:50 am »

First game I play since the roflstomp with Yodamaster, I get a full team of people who could not stop bitching whatsoever. We were actually winning pretty hard too, until everyone suddenly got a stick up their ass for no reason.

Just goes to show, only play with friends, ever. You'll both have more fun and win more often.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: August 15, 2011, 01:15:44 am »

Just goes to show, only play with friends, ever. You'll both have more fun and win more often.
Wasn't someone telling me to only ever duo queue yesterday? Hrm...

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: August 15, 2011, 01:46:04 am »

I have a rather huge lack of people to duoqueue with, unless you wanna get your NA account to 30 already.

Edit: Second game we did win, hard, because the enemy team had no jungler, and neither team had a support. We were both kinda pants on head retarded and made stupid mistakes, our team just made far less.

And of course I always be sure to either guarantee a kill or save an ally whenever my own death is indefinite.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: August 15, 2011, 02:03:29 am »

It takes a goddamn long time to grind an account to level 30 man.

And it does get tiring beating on newbies all the time, feels really unfair to them. Hell, I'm constantly trolling normal queue even on my EU main account with things like solo mid Taric and support Nidalee. Ever since I started investing in boosting my ranked ELO with another guy who's skill level is about the same if not better than mine (read: Divinely Talented 8) ), everything else honestly feels too easy.

I'd hate to admit it, but ranked is a lot more challenging that normal queue. It's like normal queue ELO caps after a certain point whereas ranked just keeps improving.... relatively... kinda... well, better than normal queue.

It's also nice being able to ban champions like goddamn Amumu or Udyr. Hate Amumu. Counterpicking is good too, as it ensures we always have exhaust + ignite for Tryndamere or an Urgot for Katarina.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: August 15, 2011, 03:17:44 am »

Hey, just wondering, is it viable at all to buy Warwick to use as a full 100 % tank? Because Mundo and Nasus, the most tanky champions I have right now, are not even all that tanky. :/

EDIT: Maybe Mundo. But I tend to play him more damage-focused anyways.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: August 15, 2011, 03:22:40 am »

Every character can be built as a tank ...
To be a useful tank, you need utilities : CCs...

WarWick only has one, and it is channeling (so anyone interrupting you prevent you from being useful)...

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: August 15, 2011, 03:24:49 am »

Every character can be built as a tank ...
To be a useful tank, you need utilities : CCs...

WarWick only has one, and it is channeling (so anyone interrupting you prevent you from being useful)...
I guess I'll just go with Cho'Gath then. I think he's cheaper now anyways. o.o

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3119 on: August 15, 2011, 03:28:56 am »

Hey, just wondering, is it viable at all to buy Warwick to use as a full 100 % tank? Because Mundo and Nasus, the most tanky champions I have right now, are not even all that tanky. :/

EDIT: Maybe Mundo. But I tend to play him more damage-focused anyways.

I have played Tankwick few times. He is super fun.

I generally get Mercury Treads, Spirit Visage, Sunfire Cape, Soul Shroud, Guardian Angel and then Atma's impaler, in that order. Gets you a good health (Soul Shroud & Sunfire cape), good armor (Sunfire Cape, Guardian Angel, Atma) and good MR (Mercs, Spirit Visage, Guardian Angel). You deal good damage due to Q dealing great dmg without any items, and with visage's and shroud's CDR you can spam it more often. Your ult and AS steroid works well with Atma, and you heal yourself quite quick as well.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 1067