Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1274352 times)

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard - 1.0.0.123
« Reply #3090 on: August 14, 2011, 09:19:13 pm »

Dragon: You want to Dragon earlier in the game when Baron isn't an option, usually after the jungler ganked mid or bot successfully, or forced mid or bot to b. It's helpful to also have tabs on their jungler but not necessary. Whoever aggros dragon needs to move back to drag him to the opening in his pen, to prevent a smite from behind. Mid to late game, dragon is a secondary objective to Baron, a group of one or two people can do it, and it should be done if you know you can get away with it safely, or as a team of 5. 6 minute respawn timer, gather your whole team to dragon about 5:30 into the timer and you should get it every time.

Baron: The ultimate objective and point of contention late game. Gives too many separate buffs in every area to be ignored. Should be warded at all times. If they have an oracles, you can literally put a ward inside baron that they can't kill (like a squishy hiding under a 6 stack Cho so you can't click on them). You want to stay away from bot lane as much as possible. If it's mid game, and they have someone bot, you have to assess if you can pull off baron or a 4v5 while taking damage from baron. Late game, there's no question, if one of them is farming bot, lead your team to baron. 4v5s shouldn't be too difficult at that stage. If you can pull off Baron fast enough their bot lane will be arriving where you are long after you've finished, if they even care (some ignore it). There is the value of how much damage that the person bot lane can split push, however. Losing an outer tower is acceptable for Baron, an inner tower is situational, and inhib is a no-no, forget baron for now. Baron is also something you want to do if you managed to get one or two kills on them without dying or sustaining heavy damage. If it's late game, you usually want to get the outer tower, inhib tower, and inhib, and then baron. You will usually have time for it all. Respawn time is 7 minutes.

Lane Flow: If you're an aggressive laning champ, you sometimes have to hold back so you don't get ganked. Keeping the creep wave in the middle (last hit only, only use AOE when they do) is usually acceptable, with a ward in the river for good measure (don't put it in the bush, you get more range if you put it farther out in the river). If they're ganking bottom and you're top, feel free to be aggressive and push as hard as you want, it's not like he's going to suddenly teleport top. Just watch out for mid. Same for bottom, but bottom is usually more conservative anyway. If you can get your lane opponent to very low health, basically meaning you're full and you could kill them if they attacked you, also feel free to push to their tower. It's harder for them to last hit and they lose gold, while you can keep up pressure and tower dive at times. I like this approach more than zoning, because it's more reliable and easier to keep up (they can't really take potshots at you like you can at them).

I think I got everything in there. Any more questions feel free to ask. Also, being a leader, not necessarily a carry, can win games for your team. I've had games where they've been winning but made the mistake between going baron/dragon/pushing etc. (lolol it's late game and all are mia, let's do dragon! [lol we just got baron, grats on your net loss of gold, exp, and stats]), and we chose the right option where they didn't, and made a solid comeback.

Enjoy elaborating on common sense :P

Anyways, I just saw something Interesting. Last game I played morde and got the best score of both themes, but thats not the main point of this post. We had a jungle skarner in our teams, and during 20 of the 21 minutes of the game, he had only a wriggles and mercs. Turns out that he actualy did more total damage then I did, as morde with rylai's and revolver. The graph showed me quite a bit above everyone else and him 2k damage ahead.

Skarner's sustained damage is quite impressive, when you look at it this way. He was jungling too, altough damage from smite also factors in, its still impressive.

You're doing it wrong if someone else does more overall damage than you and is within 20 CS of you :(.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: August 14, 2011, 09:20:48 pm »

Dakk: I didn't realize you scored the theme. It's quite nice.

And I did say Skarner does impressive damage. It just doesn't look that way because all he does is shift his numbers around as excuses for skills.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: August 14, 2011, 09:27:12 pm »

Dakk: I didn't realize you scored the theme. It's quite nice.

I had to read that like 4 times before I got it.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #3093 on: August 14, 2011, 10:00:44 pm »

Math Mage puts forth an interesting point on the LoL forums. With the great tool that is LoLStatistics, we are able to see that Xin currently has an even Win/Loss ratio. He is not actually OP like the community seems to think. Why then is he being nerfed?
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: August 14, 2011, 10:12:59 pm »

That's interesting. Nasus has a 1.03 W/L ratio; here was me thinking he was overpowered as fuck. I've won practically every single game as him, and regularily get stats like 20/3/9 k/d/a.

Maybe this is because he was only recently buffed and he isn't that popular?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: August 14, 2011, 10:22:25 pm »

Math Mage puts forth an interesting point on the LoL forums. With the great tool that is LoLStatistics, we are able to see that Xin currently has an even Win/Loss ratio. He is not actually OP like the community seems to think. Why then is he being nerfed?
I'd like to know why he's getting nerfed as well. Or why Ezreal seriously needs another buff (It's not the champion that's a problem. It's the metagame right now which doesn't care for him).

He's received an endless stream of nerfs and very minor buffs here and there. Dunno why Riot makes such a big deal about him (they keep saying he roflstomps low ELO too easily, but if that were the case, why aren't Morde, Trynd, and Kat nerfed into the ground?). Then again, I have no clue why Riot nerfed Mundo either so I won't pretend to understand how their system works. It just seems ridiculous to me at some points.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: August 14, 2011, 10:22:51 pm »

That's interesting. Nasus has a 1.03 W/L ratio; here was me thinking he was overpowered as fuck. I've won practically every single game as him, and regularily get stats like 20/3/9 k/d/a.

Maybe this is because he was only recently buffed and he isn't that popular?

Nasus isn't one of those "instantly go around raping people" champions like Gangplank and Akali. He takes time to build up and is extremely reliant on a good early game farm to build up his Q; without that he's fairly negligible damage wise and if they build pure tank then they're doing something wrong. Sure, he snowballs better than most heroes, but there are carries who carry better, tanks that tank better and tanky dps that do both better, just in general.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: August 14, 2011, 10:30:15 pm »

Nasus got buffed recently remember?

The numbers seem tiny, but it's a pretty hefty buff. For one thing, they changed it so that instead of Tenacity completely screwing over his slow, it now actually makes it worse for the owner of the Tenacity stat (fun on Irelia). There's also the pretty big burst damage from his AOE armour reduction. The massive, incredible lifesteal at early levels (worse than Udyr) which makes early laning now a goddamn breeze.

Combined with the even older buffs where he gets charged Q so easily and you've suddenly got a ridiculously tanky champion, doing as much damage as a fully farmed Ashe, with a super easy early game. And he only gets massively stronger as the game progresses without a cap.

At this moment in time, I don't think there are any AD carries that carry better or tanky dps that do better. He is by far the best. People just haven't realized it yet cause they're slow as usual and need Elementz to tell them what to think.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: August 14, 2011, 10:32:39 pm »

When thinking about most balance decisions you should consider the fact that pretty much every Riot employee is absolutely terrible at the game.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: August 14, 2011, 10:39:33 pm »

When thinking about most balance decisions you should consider the fact that pretty much every Riot employee is absolutely terrible at the game.

Yeah, just watch what the people OTHER than phreak are doing during the champ spotlights.

It's irritating, because the balance team should at least be competent enough at the game to actually make educated decisions about it. :/

In less bitchy news, I've been playing Brand a lot recently, and I've noticed that he's changed the way I build items. Every game has been the same:
Meki +potions into Tear.
BUY RANDOM BASIC AP ITEMS LIKE A BAWS. FUCK COMPLETING ANYTHING BUT RABADONS.
Gradually turn those items into other items.

Often my first trip back I can finish Tear and pick up a Blasting Wand and an Amp tome. This seems silly, and I'm probably doing something wrong, but it's worknig so w/e.

Am I being completely stupid here or not?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #3100 on: August 14, 2011, 10:40:33 pm »

Except TreeEskimo.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: August 14, 2011, 10:40:38 pm »

A champ's W/L ratio shouldn't mean anything, imo. Too many factors go into winning and losing. Nasus could be OP but his team is bad, so he loses, or he is UP but gets carried hard often.

*Shrug.*

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: August 14, 2011, 10:51:45 pm »

In less bitchy news, I've been playing Brand a lot recently, and I've noticed that he's changed the way I build items. Every game has been the same:
Meki +potions into Tear.

Often my first trip back I can finish Tear and pick up a Blasting Wand and an Amp tome. This seems silly, and I'm probably doing something wrong, but it's worknig so w/e.

No, that's kinda what you're supposed to do. If you notice, a lot of fully upgraded items aren't that different from what they originate from. They just give a little something extra. But if you don't need that "something extra" yet, why buy it?

What have you been doing before this? Rushing Archangel Staff first item? :P

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: August 14, 2011, 10:53:12 pm »

I used to do that on Malz.

In my defense though, that was before it showed how much mana your tear had built up so I had no idea how slowly it filled.
Shoes...

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: August 14, 2011, 10:58:03 pm »

Meki +potions into Tear.

No, that's kinda what you're supposed to do. If you notice, a lot of fully upgraded items aren't that different from what they originate from. They just give a little something extra. But if you don't need that "something extra" yet, why buy it?

What have you been doing before this? Rushing Archangel Staff first item? :P

Tear, BootsV1 then Catalyst into RoA.

So very little early game damage in exchange for a bit more late-game livability. :|

Seems silly now, since I've been getting superfed and farmed just by buying all AP all the time.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 1067