Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1274338 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard - 1.0.0.123
« Reply #3076 on: August 14, 2011, 07:39:54 pm »

I lost with Mordekai -

Just kidding I won.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: August 14, 2011, 07:57:24 pm »

So, umi told me about the secret passives of the game. Is this actually true? Nidalee apparently spreads experience to lower level allies?

What others are there? I know about the flippin' ninja one, but no idea what it does.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: August 14, 2011, 08:00:03 pm »

So, umi told me about the secret passives of the game. Is this actually true? Nidalee apparently spreads experience to lower level allies?

What others are there? I know about the flippin' ninja one, but no idea what it does.

Nidalee gives XP to lower leveled allies near her, having more than 1 ninja gives -1 HP per ninja to every ninja on the team,  and I think Leona and Lux's passives make rainbows together.

That's all I can think of right now.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: August 14, 2011, 08:11:27 pm »

I think that's about it.

I'm also pretty sure that Morde has a hidden passive too that boosts his attack speed by about 15%. Yodamaster, I'm sure you've noticed that Morde seems to start with boosted attack speed for no reason.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: August 14, 2011, 08:18:48 pm »

The worst kind of loss is the one where you crush your solo mid and just as you're about to take their tower holy shit 7-0 kassadin blinks in and murders you because bot was so fucking terrible they need to uninstall and all your ass-kicking in mid doesn't matter because bot gave up ten kills in fifteen minutes. 
Shoes...

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: August 14, 2011, 08:21:38 pm »

I hate to rant, but I think it's come to it.

Can we please stop posting about how you're the 'best player ever' and always getting the worst team? It doesn't matter if it's true, it doesn't add to discussion, and it's starting to just feel like spam now. Before clicking the thread when there's new replies, I see who the replier was. There's a certain few people(not going to point names, it's probably obvious) I don't even need to click to know what they said. Threads on games should probably be about the games, not yourselves. It's perfectly fine to say you're really good and that you get bad teams sometimes, but nowadays it's pretty much every other post. Instead of talking about how godly you are at Soraka, why not talk about what you like in Soraka? Other people can actually reply to this without adding on their own 'I'm beast' and 'Team sucks' of their own.

We all know there's bad players. We all know you sometimes get them on your team. We all know there's people that don't speak english. You don't need to talk about it though. The only bad player you should probably post about is yourself, asking how you can do better. Again, this helps people discuss things. Say you went 1000/2/200 on Rammus, but maybe you could ask how to prevent those two deaths?

So yeah, can we get rid of this 'I'm a god with bad teams' already? I know others who feel the same way, and could get them to say something if need be. Just to clean up the thread a bit.

If you guys really need to talk about it, maybe we need a League of Rage thread?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 08:24:18 pm by Rebecca Black »

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: August 14, 2011, 08:36:13 pm »

I think that's about it.

I'm also pretty sure that Morde has a hidden passive too that boosts his attack speed by about 15%. Yodamaster, I'm sure you've noticed that Morde seems to start with boosted attack speed for no reason.

@Lucky, I'll stop posting about how awesome I am  8) and more about why I'm awesome.

@Umi I'm pretty sure he just has a high base attack speed. Every champ has different base stats, but a lot start with the same base attack speed. His is higher. Just like Cho ends with the naturally highest AD in the game at level 18.

In more of a general way of saying it, Morde is in a very good place right now. Morde is a strong laner, and he's been utilized top vs. tanky DPS to great effect. However, it's even easier to dominate when your enemy has no bushes to hide in and is naturally squishy and reliant on farm (mid casters). The fact that Morde's base damage is so naturally high allows you to take boots at level 1 and walk around any AP caster's abilities (besides Annie's), and harass them to death while farming and keeping your shield up. They're literally helpless unless you get ganked by a jungler with a speed boost (they don't have boots early, and you do). By the time their jungler has level 2 boots like you, you're already near invincible with a hextech revolver. Grab Will of the Ancients and build AP from there, and burst them down while being tanky because of a shield. Rylais is all the CC you need, and maybe the Hextech Gunblade active.

You can build him glass cannon and destroy, kinda like Vlad used to be. With a WotA his sustain is better than old Vlad's too.

They key to being good at League of Legends is understanding the flow of the game. When to Dragon, Baron, push, etc. and especially WHY. It's not just "push because we aced" or "baron because we aced", they're both situational. Controlling the flow of your lane also helps. Knowing when to push it to their tower, keep it in the middle, or push it to theirs. If anyone wants me to elaborate I can.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 08:37:45 pm by Yodamaster »

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: August 14, 2011, 08:40:30 pm »

Rant about ranting
Again, this is why the game is called League of Chopping My Own Dick Off Is More Fun Than Playing This Game.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: August 14, 2011, 08:44:01 pm »

I like how Luckyspade is complaining about people with no meaningful discussion to this thread but he hasn't contributed anything meaningful himself either.

Yodamaster: No no, try this. Take no runes and no masteries. Go into a custom game. Don't buy items. Check your attack speed.

It will be green with a bonus on it.

Edit: Here, I just did it:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

See, it's like a 15% AS bonus for no reason.

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: August 14, 2011, 08:53:36 pm »

I've also seen that on other champions. Whatever it is, it's not just Morde.

Maybe it has to do with masteries/runes? Sometimes I'll get it on a champ, change my masteries, and then it's not there anymore.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: August 14, 2011, 08:54:00 pm »

I like how Luckyspade is complaining about people with no meaningful discussion to this thread but he hasn't contributed anything meaningful himself either.

Yodamaster: No no, try this. Take no runes and no masteries. Go into a custom game. Don't buy items. Check your attack speed.

It will be green with a bonus on it.

Edit: Here, I just did it:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

See, it's like a 15% AS bonus for no reason.

.625 attack speed is the base of every champion, but the bonus value everyone gets at level 1 (if they get one, or even a reduction) is a separate variable. The attack speed everyone gains per level is also a separate variable.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Attack_Speed

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: August 14, 2011, 09:06:18 pm »

I think that's about it.

@Lucky, I'll stop posting about how awesome I am  8) and more about why I'm awesome.

@Umi I'm pretty sure he just has a high base attack speed. Every champ has different base stats, but a lot start with the same base attack speed. His is higher. Just like Cho ends with the naturally highest AD in the game at level 18.

In more of a general way of saying it, Morde is in a very good place right now. Morde is a strong laner, and he's been utilized top vs. tanky DPS to great effect. However, it's even easier to dominate when your enemy has no bushes to hide in and is naturally squishy and reliant on farm (mid casters). The fact that Morde's base damage is so naturally high allows you to take boots at level 1 and walk around any AP caster's abilities (besides Annie's), and harass them to death while farming and keeping your shield up. They're literally helpless unless you get ganked by a jungler with a speed boost (they don't have boots early, and you do). By the time their jungler has level 2 boots like you, you're already near invincible with a hextech revolver. Grab Will of the Ancients and build AP from there, and burst them down while being tanky because of a shield. Rylais is all the CC you need, and maybe the Hextech Gunblade active.

You can build him glass cannon and destroy, kinda like Vlad used to be. With a WotA his sustain is better than old Vlad's too.

They key to being good at League of Legends is understanding the flow of the game. When to Dragon, Baron, push, etc. and especially WHY. It's not just "push because we aced" or "baron because we aced", they're both situational. Controlling the flow of your lane also helps. Knowing when to push it to their tower, keep it in the middle, or push it to theirs. If anyone wants me to elaborate I can.

Yus, elaborate.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: August 14, 2011, 09:12:27 pm »

Oh no! There goes my dream of Morde being slightly more special than he already is.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: August 14, 2011, 09:15:03 pm »

Enjoy elaborating on common sense :P

Anyways, I just saw something Interesting. Last game I played morde and got the best score of both themes, but thats not the main point of this post. We had a jungle skarner in our teams, and during 20 of the 21 minutes of the game, he had only a wriggles and mercs. Turns out that he actualy did more total damage then I did, as morde with rylai's and revolver. The graph showed me quite a bit above everyone else and him 2k damage ahead.

Skarner's sustained damage is quite impressive, when you look at it this way. He was jungling too, altough damage from smite also factors in, its still impressive.

EDIT: Oh wait, wriggles proc prob factors in as well, nevermind then :P
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 09:20:21 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 1067