Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1274628 times)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Wukong, the Monkey King - 1.0.0.122
« Reply #2700 on: August 07, 2011, 03:05:09 pm »

All there was to do was sit there and last hit.

Welcome to League of Legends.
And any non-casual DotA-clone or its variants.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: August 07, 2011, 03:07:08 pm »

Then just focus on last hits till you reach endgame potential so you can instarape them.

I'm going to be abusing Jungle Trundle till the next rotation, and pretty sure I'm getting him right after skarner. He's just too fun and too faceraping to ignore. Except he's a bad champion and you should never play him, he's completely UP.

And there's alwaD͑ͫ̔ͫͫ͌̉͏̵͉̮̤͖̯͎̺̪□͙̪̗̖̮̫̣̘̝̾̓͊ͥͤ□̵͍͕̦̯̩͕͇̪̎̈̕□͆ ̴̠ ̙̼͖□̵̸̞̺̦͙̝͇̗͉ͣ͗̀ ̸͖̣̙̳̍̈̄N̷͈̍̐̾͢□̤̤̤͎̟͙̦̉̇͆̒̅͊́́͜͜□̬̯̮̳̩͓̹̳̓ͦ͢□ ̇̔͋̆ ̻͞͠͡□̻͇̣͈̬̙͙̻̒̈́̄͋̍͆͋̾□̐͏͓

« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 03:09:45 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: August 07, 2011, 03:18:27 pm »

So what do you do when you go up against sustain lanes other than last hit for 20 minutes while watching the paint on your wall dry?

That was the real problem, it wasn't that they were strong (I mean they were, but I could harass them pretty easily), it was that it was fucking boring because there was no point harassing them.  All there was to do was sit there and last hit.
You are confusing burst heals with sustained heals.

The difference between a healer like (A) Soraka / Nidalee / Taric vs (B) Alistar / Sona is this:
A. Literally completely impossible to harass or even kill them without massive burst.
B. Harass is impossible, but if you dedicate yourself to the kill, they can't do anything.

Just because Alistar and Yorick could slowly heal themselves up to full doesn't mean they're immune to death. Just ask for a gank or coordinate with someone and rail on them then watch them die as their pathetic 100hp heals try to save them.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: August 07, 2011, 03:31:57 pm »

Best team ever.

There was a three or four man premade, level 30s all but one. They were insane. Enemy team was sieging mid inner tower during midgame, I come from top and murder them. A few seconds later their bot inhib tower falls, downed by two dudes.

I dont know which is crazier, that they pushed to the inhib so early, or that apparently you can go 3v5 with Ali, Mumu and Brand.

Also, Corki is a bitch to lane against as Ali, it was lessened by the fact that Mumu had a tendency to come at the perfect time and got a lot of kills, its pretty awesome to see your "nemesis"(true damage versus ali ult, who wins?) go 1/7/5.

EDIT: Forgot to add that Corki started raging whenever he died. Was funny.
EDIT2: And I discovered something cool, apparently corkis escape skill counts as a knock-back or something, so it acts similarly to Alis headbutt AKA you can pulverize corki out of it. Saw it during a mumu gank, spawned a single one of those fire blobs directly under him at the moment I pulverized.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 03:50:09 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: August 07, 2011, 04:20:25 pm »

You haven't seen awesome till you see ashe snipe akali out of her ult-dash.

Any dash that aint a flash you can knock people out of,

lee sin Q and W, akali ult, shen taunt, horny jarve, ect.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 04:25:22 pm by eerr »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: August 07, 2011, 04:29:53 pm »

Duo-normal-queued with my friend who plays a lot of Jungle Lee Sin, so we had some legendary ganks up in my solo lane. Often, the last thing they saw was the eyes above their head from Lee's Q before DOUBLEDASH. It was like he had the power to decide who lived and who died.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: August 07, 2011, 06:11:05 pm »

After I got my runepage nearly finished(28), I decided to get armor runes for teh jungle, but it's not enough. I'll need AS marks as well, boohoo. Maybe I should get an easier jungler then Gangplank.

Ok, random queue. We have a jungler. I'm solotop against 2. Rammus and sth. Our mid+jungler run off to gank someone. Their mid comes to me. So, we have Rammus+Irelia+#3 coming at me. What do I do? I tried to defend the tower a bit with but they just towerdive me out. Of course I died. Happened twice or so. "Stop Feeding!". Communication is not an option here. Regardless of all that, what should I do, get zoned out of an entire lane until my team is back in place or take the bullet and defend.

edit: Nasus and Leona buffs.. \o/ \o/
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 06:16:51 pm by Wravburn »
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: August 07, 2011, 06:21:56 pm »

Nasus buffs were expected since wither vs CC reduction thing has been a problem for a long time now. I don't really understand why they wanna make jungle nasus viable though, it sort of defeats the purpose of his Q, which is afk farm it during the first 30 minutes then hit people like a truck loaded with lead using trinity force. I think leona was ok before though, but I'm fine with the buffs.
Might get pantheon this time if the rework makes him viable again. Maybe he'll be in the next rotation.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 06:25:50 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: August 07, 2011, 07:26:17 pm »

Nasus buffs were expected since wither vs CC reduction thing has been a problem for a long time now. I don't really understand why they wanna make jungle nasus viable though, it sort of defeats the purpose of his Q, which is afk farm it during the first 30 minutes then hit people like a truck loaded with lead using trinity force. I think leona was ok before though, but I'm fine with the buffs.
Might get pantheon this time if the rework makes him viable again. Maybe he'll be in the next rotation.

Yeah, I agree, about your point on Nasus, but all the other buffs are fine with me. I really like Riot's initiative and persistent efforts at tweaking and listening to the community. That alone is enough for me to devote my time into this game as opposed to some of the other games in the DotA genre (HoN and what-not).

Also, I'm trying to construct a decent build for Master Yi, since, well, in higher level matches, if you take him out early, it's quite hard for him to recover. Should be interesting when I manage to do it though.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: August 07, 2011, 07:30:57 pm »

I saw a jungling Yi recently, he was quite wierd at first and didn't seem very good, but then he got Wriggle and Warmogs, then proceeded to farm as hell, then he was mostly ignored by most of the team since he didn't do much, then he got Atma and Infinity edge and built straight tank after that, he was unstopable the bastard and any CC we hit him with he would just QSS his way out of and proceed to kill our asses.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: August 07, 2011, 08:45:27 pm »

The only thing worse than disappointing your teammates is making your opponents feel good about themselves.  Laned as Malz against Akali, walked all over her for the first ten minutes or so, forcing her to b twice and only not killing her because she somehow had the prescience to use her smokescreen every time I was getting ready to blow her away.  I was up by like 40cs, had her tower almost down, basically playing like she wasn't even there.

Then bullshit happened.  After her second b she realized she was getting her ass kicked and decided to turn up the pressure, throwing her things and jumping at me and shit.  I knew I had her though so I didn't b.  Finally, the moment of truth hits and we both engage for real.  I ult her, gg.

No wait, no I don't.  I can't.  I hit her with it and nothing happens, I click frantically and then I die.  I get an oracle on my way back to seal the deal.  This time it works, gg.

No wait, still doesn't.  What the fuck was the deal with this Akali?!  I click her and click her and nothing works.  I died twice, to the queen of snowballing no less.

After that I got sick of her bullshit, circled around and hit her from behind, killing her finally, taking her tower, and going up to wreck top lane.  Surrender at 20, gg.

Still, that was bullshit.  I had her over a barrel and then stupid shit happened.

EDIT:  Oh wait, I bet it's the skin.  I was using Vizier Malzahar which looks cool and therefore makes you play worse.
Shoes...

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: August 07, 2011, 09:07:35 pm »

You haven't seen awesome till you see ashe snipe akali out of her ult-dash.

Any dash that aint a flash you can knock people out of,

lee sin Q and W, akali ult, shen taunt, horny jarve, ect.

Except of course,

Unstoppable Force!

but yea it's totally bugged anyway so you don't have to worry about it.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: August 07, 2011, 09:10:58 pm »

-snip-

What item did they get after killing you twice and free-farming for a bit?

Because if it was anything other than a QSS they were stupid and deserved to die often.

That's like, the first rule of solo-laning against Malz.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: August 07, 2011, 09:16:07 pm »

I don't remember, they were going for hextech gunblade though I could tell.

No, they weren't that smart and no, I've never seen somebody get QSS against me, which is probably part of the reason solo queue Malz is autowin.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 1067