Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1274850 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Wukong, the Monkey King - 1.0.0.122
« Reply #2445 on: August 01, 2011, 06:02:53 pm »

Backdooring is a legit strategy.

Backdooring is like 99% of what certain champions do. E.g: Yi & Sivir.

If the enemy can't defend against it, it merely means they suck.

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: August 01, 2011, 06:12:26 pm »

Maybe it's different in EU or something, but backdooring is 'killing towers without friendly minion support.'

From what I read in Thulhu's post, Yi was doing a split push/just pushing. Not really a big deal, put just thought I'd point out the difference.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: August 01, 2011, 06:15:10 pm »

Yeah, he technically split pushed.  We were all defending and he pushed the lane as fast as he could while no one was looking.

This is probably overdue, I'm looking for constructive criticism now.  The people who've played with me, is there any stuff you see that I'm definitely doing wrong?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 06:27:42 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: August 01, 2011, 06:23:22 pm »

Just queue dodged a team that had a Leona with Fortify and Rally, jungling, going AP.  Really?
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2449 on: August 01, 2011, 07:20:13 pm »

My god, the forests of Summoner's Rift are fucking full of Demonblade Barbarians.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: August 01, 2011, 07:22:27 pm »

My god, the forests of Summoner's Rift are fucking full of Demonblade Barbarians.
I just had a fun game playing the new Trynd. He's... different, but hasn't lost any of his viability. Definitely more able in the laning phase.

Haven't tried him as a jungler yet, never did with old one either.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:25:37 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: August 01, 2011, 07:24:15 pm »

Mostly the bad kinds. The VERY bad kinds.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2452 on: August 01, 2011, 07:30:44 pm »

This makes me wonder:

Why buy a 15$ skin, if you can't play the champ well?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: August 01, 2011, 07:44:40 pm »

This makes me wonder:

Because lol, i haz skinz

mid or i feed

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: August 01, 2011, 07:44:55 pm »

This makes me wonder:

To look classy while you feed.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: August 01, 2011, 07:57:13 pm »

Nothing scarier than being ganked by a jungle cho'gath at lvl 2.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: August 01, 2011, 08:10:44 pm »

I just had a ridiculous match, first the enemy kennen disconnects as soon as the game begins, i go top with chogath against janna/gankplank (i'm tristana). Chogath proceeds to push the lane like mad, but since there was no jungler i wasnt too worried, we destroyed the tower early and i even got a kill on gankplank. Then kennen comes back, and i don't know how, but he manages to catch up his levels under 5 minutes. Then they start killing us in teamfights, but we slowly retaliate and manage to get some ground, killing nashor a couple times, pushing to their mid inhib shortly after they get ours. Anyway, at some point someone pings the enemy nexus, and i notice that a couple super minions have pushed to the nexus towers, so i use my teleport and destroy the first tower, start destroying the second one, and GP shows up rushing for me. At this point i had almost a full build : bloodrazor, zerk greaves, phantom dancer, bloodthister, black cleaver. Well believe it or not, but with my AS boost still on, attacking GP as soon as he enters my range, he still managed to kill me (i got him too though). I'm not the one to cry "OP" about every champion, but this is pretty insane. Granted, GP had a full build too, since he fed himself on my retarded team, but still...

Anyway, after that we push some more, hoping to finish the nexus, but they manage to ace us in their base, and at this point my team starts saying "gg" on the chat, but guess what, they have no minions in our base, and only GP and Janna remain, so even though they try, they can't tank our towers, and we respawn in time to defend. Then my team urges me to go backdoor, but i declined and stayed to defend as the whole enemy team is coming for our top inhibitor, so our miss fortune and wukong go there and kill the nexus just in time :D

happy ending ! Then i looked at the scores and i realised my whole team (who called me "a troll" early-mid game, because i wasnt rushing to their help in 1v5 fights) had roughly a 1 to 2 Kill/death ratio (i had 12/4), and their gankplank has 20 kills... yeaaa the joys of solo queue...

On a side note, i realised that i needed to get more early last hits, so i decided to try a new rune setup (flat AD marks) and to experiment with different first items. Hopefully, it will help me to do better as tristana, i had almost only bad matches with her recently.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 08:14:55 pm by Sirian »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: August 01, 2011, 08:44:37 pm »

Trundle is free this week, i would like to try my hand at jungling with him, any advice?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: August 01, 2011, 08:47:47 pm »

Play him like Singed + Nunu.

Be crazy, go where you please, towerdive endlessly, herp derp everyone. His damage seems low but it's very fitting of his character. What I mean is that almost everything he does is trolly. His damage is trolling (WTF HOW DID TRUNDLE KILL ME I HAVE 200 ARMOUR WTF?!), his ultimate is trolling, his pillar is trolling. Everything is trolling. You need to be wearing the trollface endlessly.

He's also a very good solo top if you don't want to jungle with him but it might be kinda of a waste because Trundle is arguably the best jungler / counterjungler in the game right now.

LASD is the best Trundle player I know, maybe he knows more.

Edit: Holy carp this free week is tanky.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 1067