Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1274884 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Wukong, the Monkey King - 1.0.0.122
« Reply #2415 on: August 01, 2011, 09:05:09 am »

So I'll probably be level 20 by tomorrow.  I'm wondering what runes I should start with.  I'm thinking about jungling runes since it seems like jungling is the most rune-intensive thing I've seen in the game, but I'm not sure.
Shoes...

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2416 on: August 01, 2011, 09:25:30 am »

So I'll probably be level 20 by tomorrow.  I'm wondering what runes I should start with.  I'm thinking about jungling runes since it seems like jungling is the most rune-intensive thing I've seen in the game, but I'm not sure.

Runes for junglers are a good choice, since all other roles are possible to do without runes but jungling is quite hard.
You may want to invest into full attack speed runebook. It gives 38% increased attack speed, so guys with lifesteal love that build. And oh, did I mention how cool it is to have +1.100 attack speed at level 1?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: August 01, 2011, 09:29:56 am »

Buy armor or magic pen reds, armor yellows and mana regen/level or magic resist/level or cooldown blues and you should be sorted for most champions.

Movement speed/health quints are also good on most champs.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: August 01, 2011, 09:37:45 am »

Yeah, Cass suffers badly when fighting against burst mages. Never ever go against Annie with her, you get close? She takes you down to half health in an instant.

That doesn't matter much if Cass still has 50% to spare because Cass can bring her even lower afterwards. The problem is getting control/bursted by people like Annie from like 80% to 0. And don't say Annie can't do that, because she can.

Annie isn't even the worst problem for her (manageable after 6, chewtoy before 6) Try fighting Kassadin or LeBlanc.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: August 01, 2011, 12:02:25 pm »

Wukong is not overpowered at all, in fact he's actualy bugged, check his ultimate's rank 1 stats.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: August 01, 2011, 12:08:17 pm »

Wukong is not overpowered at all, in fact he's actualy bugged, check his ultimate's rank 1 stats.
Even if that was fixed, he'd probably be UP. Unless they really up the damage on his ult.

It's currently like HSS right now. You only use it for the AoE(and in this case, knockup), not for damage. It's good for farming minions.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: August 01, 2011, 12:16:08 pm »

who says MK is up?

totally got a quadra kill in one of my games.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2422 on: August 01, 2011, 12:24:04 pm »

Monkey King seems quite balanced, which is odd from Riot.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: August 01, 2011, 12:24:44 pm »

Jungling? Awesome sauce. If you're jungling, you'll need:

3 Armor Penetration Quintessences
1 Armor Penetration Mark
8 Attack Speed Marks
9 Armor Seals
9 Magic Resist per level Glyphs

That's the typical setup for a tanky dps jungler such as trundle. If you tell me which junglers you're into, I can give you my rune pages for them.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: August 01, 2011, 12:25:26 pm »

Probably Warwick.
Shoes...

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: August 01, 2011, 01:18:13 pm »

Monkey King is underpowered simply because there is no reason to pick him over anyone else.

Though that just may be because everyone else is OP.

And frankly the runes you require are as follows.

Red
Armor Pen
Magic Pen
Optional: Attack Speed

Yellow
Flat Armor
Mana Regen/5

Blue
Magic Resist/Level
Optional: AP/Lvl, Flat CDR. I'd recommend you get both.

Quints
Armor Pen
Magic Pen
Flat Health
Movespeed

Quints are the most optional runes there are, you can plop any quint on anything and it would usually work. Some use gold/10 quints.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 01:21:11 pm by Yodamaster »

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: August 01, 2011, 01:20:39 pm »

I dunno. With only decent items, his ultimate can do insane amounts of damage; coupled with his escape move, his anti-tank measure, and his gap closing ability, he has a fairly unique combination of abilities that make him able to cope with a variety of situations.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: August 01, 2011, 01:23:33 pm »

I dunno. With only decent items, his ultimate can do insane amounts of damage; coupled with his escape move, his anti-tank measure, and his gap closing ability, he has a fairly unique combination of abilities that make him able to cope with a variety of situations.

Are we talking about Jarvan or Monkey King?

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: August 01, 2011, 01:23:55 pm »

His ultimate suffers from the fall-off that Garen's E does, his Q is bugged and only reduces base armor, which is practically nothing, it's easy to spot when he pops W, Xin Zhao has a better gap closing ability.

Maybe he'll be better when his Q is fixed, but he just has so many bugs right now that in his current state he's definitely underpowered.

Unrelated: Jarvan needs to be toned down.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: August 01, 2011, 01:48:50 pm »

The thing about Jarvan is that you can't diminish his presence on the meta game unless you nerf him till he's UP. Jarvan is just designed to be good.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 1067