Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1274904 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Wukong, the Monkey King - 1.0.0.122
« Reply #2385 on: July 31, 2011, 05:55:22 pm »

Whenever i played her (when she was free XD ) i alternated between bladesurge and hitten, taking one point in the stun\slow to be there if i need it.Otherwise i always preffered mobility and sustainability over pure damage when it comes to tanky deeps.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: July 31, 2011, 06:02:05 pm »

Whenever i played her (when she was free XD ) i alternated between bladesurge and hitten, taking one point in the stun\slow to be there if i need it.Otherwise i always preffered mobility and sustainability over pure damage when it comes to tanky deeps.

It's less about mobility and sustainability and more about being able to rape anything that comes your way with a two second stun.

The stun scales with level, capping at two seconds at level 5 of the ability. No reason not to max that first.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: July 31, 2011, 06:08:39 pm »

Yeah sure, get an unreliable 2 second stun and pass up on the true damage Bloodthirster.

Sounds like great idea!

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: July 31, 2011, 06:21:04 pm »

Just did two games with Web, me as Morde and Him as Cho'Gath. Hilarity ensued as we fought people with the odds against us and still won. At one time there was 4 people chasing web, so he ruptured under his feet, turned around and screamed on their faces while they were in the air. He died but he took out 2 of them. Sometimes I'd just walk into teamfights, drop my ultimate and clean up with mace and siphon, triple kill bitches.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Most hilarious moment was when me and web were pushing the enemy nexus alone and that alistar charged me. I was at 10% hp but my health refused to go down since I had W on and there were lots of minions nearby, so my shield wouldn't go away. We killed him and web ate the nexus.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: July 31, 2011, 06:32:44 pm »

As much as I hate playing against Teemo, I just found out how much worse it is to play with him.  He has the hidden passive "Automatically kses anyone within 950 range" and I hate it.
Shoes...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: July 31, 2011, 07:44:44 pm »

Just did two games with Web, me as Morde and Him as Cho'Gath. Hilarity ensued as we fought people with the odds against us and still won. At one time there was 4 people chasing web, so he ruptured under his feet, turned around and screamed on their faces while they were in the air. He died but he took out 2 of them. Sometimes I'd just walk into teamfights, drop my ultimate and clean up with mace and siphon, triple kill bitches.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Most hilarious moment was when me and web were pushing the enemy nexus alone and that alistar charged me. I was at 10% hp but my health refused to go down since I had W on and there were lots of minions nearby, so my shield wouldn't go away. We killed him and web ate the nexus.
I had no escape, so I figured I'd do as much damage as possible. Apparently, killing two of them was what was possible.

Gimhalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: July 31, 2011, 08:20:12 pm »

For Irelia, alternatively you can take a level of Q and open with sapphire crystal + 2 health pots. What skill you pump should be who you lane against. It should give you enough sustain to farm the lane until you get a sheen. Once you have sheen you can last hit and harass like a boss and drive enemies out of lane.

The real problem is that a lot of champs aren't as viable until the level 30, ranked metagame where people jungle and there's a solo top. Both because a lot of champs like irelia should have a solo lane, and a lot of champs are terrible in lane and should jungle (but can't do so without runes) i.e. rammus, amumu.

That said, I'm in the same as you right now. Level 19... 10k IP saved for runes. I wanna level so badly

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: July 31, 2011, 08:23:45 pm »

Quicksilver Sash also cancels suppression, cleanse doesn't.  As far as I know QSS is the onlyw ay to break suppression aside from CCing the suppressor, which requires teammates.

Eating a large number of oranges also breaks suppression

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: July 31, 2011, 08:29:49 pm »

I don't remember if alistar can break suppression.

I know he can't ult under silence though.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: July 31, 2011, 08:47:45 pm »

So yeah, Noxus vs Demacia. When do we all want to do this thing?

Setting a time during the weekend would probably be a good idea.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: July 31, 2011, 09:05:19 pm »

I don't remember if alistar can break suppression.

I know he can't ult under silence though.
I don't think he has any way to cancel a suppression other than to use one of his skills just before he gets ulted (thus, CCing the person suppressing him).

However, he can do some really nasty things with his ult. Garen can tell you horror stories. I remember bringing an Alistar down to literally 3%hp and was like "oh yeah, Demacia time motherf***r! Even your ult won't save you now!!!!!!!"

It saved him.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: July 31, 2011, 09:42:56 pm »

Quote from: Lulwy;12278119
So the reason people who should be 1400 Elo are stuck at 800 Elo is because they constantly have chain heart attacks while withstanding constant home invasions as repeated storms knock out their internet connection.

From a thread where we're fighting about Elo hell, if it exists, what it means, why, etc.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: July 31, 2011, 09:51:39 pm »

For Irelia, alternatively you can take a level of Q and open with sapphire crystal + 2 health pots. What skill you pump should be who you lane against. It should give you enough sustain to farm the lane until you get a sheen. Once you have sheen you can last hit and harass like a boss and drive enemies out of lane.

The real problem is that a lot of champs aren't as viable until the level 30, ranked metagame where people jungle and there's a solo top. Both because a lot of champs like irelia should have a solo lane, and a lot of champs are terrible in lane and should jungle (but can't do so without runes) i.e. rammus, amumu.

That said, I'm in the same as you right now. Level 19... 10k IP saved for runes. I wanna level so badly

Yeah, I think I'm done with Irelia until I'm higher level because right now it's just impossible to get the farm I need to kick ass.  I'm always useless for most of the early and mid game and then I get my Triforce, Randuin, and Atma and suddenly I'm quadra-killing people.  It takes too long though, and most of the time I never get that far.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: July 31, 2011, 09:58:29 pm »

Hrm, I forgot that it breaks all CC upon activation.

Then it should work against suppression. Weird that I've never actually seen anyone use it for that purpose though.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: July 31, 2011, 09:59:28 pm »

Hrm, I forgot that it breaks all CC upon activation.

Then it should work against suppression. Weird that I've never actually seen anyone use it for that purpose though.

Breaks Malz's ult, WW's ult, Urgot's ult. I think those are the only 3 suppressions in the game.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 1067