Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275099 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Wukong, the Monkey King - 1.0.0.122
« Reply #2145 on: July 28, 2011, 12:03:31 pm »

We can always have some 5v5 custom games if we get enough people.It might be a bit tough but he can learn quite a bit about certain champs from most of us :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: July 28, 2011, 12:09:14 pm »

MF and Rumble?  I was Ashe that game, and they were shitty.

Still must've been a pretty shitty Rumble. A good Rumble could've easily tazered you twice. Shield+tazer+flamethrower is a combo that'll easily put him in the danger zone without making him overheat.

He was.  He towerdove while overheated.  Twice.
Shoes...

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: July 28, 2011, 12:36:28 pm »

So, i just tried a new dota-like called Realm of the titans, but honestly it wasnt very good. Lots of stuff seemed badly copy-pasted from LoL or other dotas, but the champions (called titans) seem pretty imbalanced, and apparently if you want to increase your damage you have to go AD.
(there are items to increase your intelligence which give +0.15% magic damage for each point, but it seemed way less efficient that straight damage items)

Maybe it's just because of the novelty but i didnt like it much, LoL is way simpler, in the good sense.

I don't feel like this game deserve his own thread so i just drop that here, i hope it's alright.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 12:43:55 pm by Sirian »

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: July 28, 2011, 01:01:19 pm »

Try bloodline champions. Its basicaly a MOBA type game without the creep farming, or laning. Its an interesting break from DotA but its not nearly as addicting as LoL can be. Matches tend to be fast paced with alot of action.
I don't find it quite as fun as LoL can be though.

I'm also pretty sure there was a chinese mythology DotA clone out there too, but forgot the name. But yea, its unlikely you'll find anything as fun and polished as HoN and (ironically) LoL.

Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: July 28, 2011, 01:21:38 pm »

So, I asked LuckySpade and he gave me some ideas, now I'm going to ask you guys and get some more ideas.

I've kind of had a falling out with Nasus.  I don't enjoy playing him anymore and that leaves me with no tanky deeps I'm good at.  I'm thinking about getting a tanky derps next, but I'm not sure which.  Also I'm wanting to save up for Malzahar so it's even harder to decide what to do.

What are some good tanky DPS champs, preferably ones that can lane?  Jax and Jarvan are two I'm looking at, but I'm open to suggestions.
Shoes...

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: July 28, 2011, 01:36:02 pm »

Irelia can lane, and is good at sweeping in for the kill if they come too far from tower. Just remember to last hit with Bladesurge to keep mana costs down. As a guide I saw said once, Bladesurge should never be on cooldown.

Udyr is a funny laner. Lv1 Fight he can bring a lot of pain if he's packing Tiger Stance and Exhaust, since that's basically 200 health of theirs gone in a single punch. But he also never has to move, regaining health and mana like a baws (with punching). If anyone tries to harass you, bear the shit out of them the follow up with tiger. Alternatively, activate Turtle and give no fucks at all. If you struggle with last hitting, or like farming entire waves at once, give a bit of love to Phoenix. I personally am fine putting Phoenix off until level 15, generally ignoring it's existence.

I haven't played a great deal of the other Tanky Mofos, so can't really comment. Unless Singed counts, but that's a much longer post.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: July 28, 2011, 02:13:23 pm »

Singed isn't really what I'm looking for.  I just feel like I need to get into the current loldash tanky derpy ehss play that's so in vogue right now.
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: July 28, 2011, 02:34:06 pm »

Xin Zhao is the simplest one to play, but he gets boring sort of fast.

Jarvan has pretty strong laning and tons of utility. One of the tankiest tanky dps.

Irelia was aways strong and even with multiple nerfs to the face is still pretty good. Think of her like xin zhao only better. Also pretty simple to play.

Monkey King sort of counts, I guess, though I know nothing of him.

Renekton is pretty strong regardless of what people say, altough you should smartcast his dash so you can do it twice without much keyboard-mouse hassle. He's probably the hardest to learn, but very strong still.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: July 28, 2011, 02:39:43 pm »

Smartcast?
Shoes...

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: July 28, 2011, 02:40:24 pm »

Learn Gragas. He's ridiculously good in a solo lane, either mid or top.

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: July 28, 2011, 02:43:54 pm »

Really, Renekton might win his lane, but unless he gets super fed during it, he's not going to do much else that the other tanky dps won't.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: July 28, 2011, 02:45:49 pm »

Smartcast?

Smartcasting is when you set a smartcast key on the key settings so that a spell that normaly needs to be activated by a spell key and then executed with a click (IE all skillshots and dashes) so that when you press that key you'll use that spell without the clicking part. So, if you set renekton's dash to S, hover you cursor over you want him to dash and press it, he'll dash there. Since his dash has two phases, you can just hit S twice instead of hitting E, clicking, E, and click again.

︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: July 28, 2011, 03:16:59 pm »

Really, Renekton might win his lane, but unless he gets super fed during it, he's not going to do much else that the other tanky dps won't.
Yup. This.

This is the problem behind all the tanky DPS. They all kinda play the same... so there's really no reason not to pick Jarman or Irelia.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: July 28, 2011, 03:28:42 pm »

Smartcast?

Smartcasting is when you set a smartcast key on the key settings so that a spell that normaly needs to be activated by a spell key and then executed with a click (IE all skillshots and dashes) so that when you press that key you'll use that spell without the clicking part. So, if you set renekton's dash to S, hover you cursor over you want him to dash and press it, he'll dash there. Since his dash has two phases, you can just hit S twice instead of hitting E, clicking, E, and click again.

pretty sure skillshots get auto-targeted, too.(TEEMO, WHY U OUTRUN AUTOTARGET)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: July 28, 2011, 03:41:12 pm »

Note to self: Headbutt that Kat, dipshit.

She somehow always managed to ult at the time that my abilities were on cooldown, that I was oom, or when she was covered by someone else so I couldnt target her with headbutt properly or I was simply distracted by other champs, like that trynda that was murdering everyone.

Oh yeah, and the other four members of my team managed to get their asses kicked by Leona and Jarvan. Pretty much the only reason we kept on for so long was because the enemy team kept fucking up by towerdiving me or doing other such crap.

And the other game today, Soraka, Caytlin, bot, premade. Minions have spawned. FIRST BLOOD. Xin killed Soraka. Later check map, lane pushed to tower.
I dont think they get the whole "go bot and freefarm all day long with the help of the support" thing. And there was the asshole Veigar, that complained about me running away when I got OOM and not tanking by staying(why the hell would they attack me with a half-health veigar next to me?).

I am actually more angry about the fact that I am mad at my team, when I screwed up many times too. This path only leads to rage and to no improvement in my W/L ratio or skills.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 1067