Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275154 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Wukong, the Monkey King - 1.0.0.122
« Reply #2100 on: July 27, 2011, 12:30:33 pm »

WW is one of the strongest junglers in terms of sustainability, and you can pretty much go the usual jungle route (blue>wolves>wraiths>red>golems>gank) without any runes.It will be slower than most others but he will stay alive trough it if you go the usual cloth+pots combo.A good gank should secure you the gold you need for madreds and then some for possible wards and potions, after that go jungle if you have to renew your buffs, do dragon if you can get some help or gank some more if you can pull it off without the buffs.

What level are you currently Cthulhu?
It can help to play around with masteries if you want to speed up your jungle or be a bit safer while jungling.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: July 27, 2011, 12:33:51 pm »

I'm level 15, and 5/0/10 currently.

I forgot about the changes that other players would bring, I've only done solo custom games.
Shoes...

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: July 27, 2011, 12:38:29 pm »

T'is true.  As Udyr (who I think is one of the best junglers out there) I actually have a lot of points thrown into defensive masteries.  By end game very few can stand up to the might of hybrid Phoenix-Tiger Udyr death machine, not because he does so much damage, but because he will outlast you and if you try to run, you are already dead (go bear form)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 02:16:04 pm by V-Norrec »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: July 27, 2011, 12:42:11 pm »

A pull can make a big difference but it isn't neccessary with WW, heck you can even go without smite on Blue in some cases.Untill you hit level 20 i think it would be wise to throw 3 points into defense for that extra bit of armor, it might not seem like much but it can be great help early on as it will keep you alive and at higher health.
AS - IG

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: July 27, 2011, 12:44:32 pm »

WW is one of the strongest junglers in terms of sustainability, and you can pretty much go the usual jungle route (blue>wolves>wraiths>red>golems>gank) without any runes.It will be slower than most others but he will stay alive trough it if you go the usual cloth+pots combo.A good gank should secure you the gold you need for madreds and then some for possible wards and potions, after that go jungle if you have to renew your buffs, do dragon if you can get some help or gank some more if you can pull it off without the buffs.

What level are you currently Cthulhu?
It can help to play around with masteries if you want to speed up your jungle or be a bit safer while jungling.

I do not understand how you can say this. Even with masteries I have to pot to beat twins now. I wouldn't dream of starting blue without a pull. I always go cloth armor, pot, ward.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: July 27, 2011, 01:02:10 pm »

Without runes, Warwick can't do the standard jungle.

He has to do Wraiths, Wolves, Golems, bluepill, blue, wolves, wraiths, red, golems.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: July 27, 2011, 01:40:25 pm »

Hmmm, must have been a while since i played runeless WW then XD
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: July 27, 2011, 02:32:46 pm »

I tried out Nu-Kayle on the US server with my no runes / no masteries smurf.

Impressions:
1. Avatar profile is butt ugly.
2. Basically has unlimited mana now.
3. Heal is seriously pathetic before level 4 (50hp... 65hp...) with a huge cooldown. The only time I'd use it before that is for the movespeed.
4. Q got nerfed super big time.
5. E damage is quite nice now and makes it quite easy to farm (combined with the infinite mana thing).
6. Ulti is really nice with the change.
7. Basically a Teemo with super long range and invincibility. That's not a bad thing.

I'm still convinced old Kayle was superior, but this new one could work with a few buffs.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: July 27, 2011, 02:38:28 pm »

I like how tryndamere doens't look like an angry midget anymore.
Also HOLY SHIT INCOMING CHAOS MARAUDER TRYNDAMERE.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 02:41:57 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: July 27, 2011, 06:26:41 pm »

Hrm, apparently a full flat AD runepage gives you +21.69AD at level 1.

Erm...

That's kinda scary actually. I did this calculation because I fought an Ashe that had that. Every time she volley'd, I lost half my health.

Edit: An Ashe at level 1 with full AD and 21 0 9 will start with 77.37 AD.... at level 1...

@.@ That's 1/4th someone's lifebar lol... And with her crit it'll be 1/2 their lifebar. And with a volley it'll be 3/4th their lifebar. I can get behind that.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: July 27, 2011, 06:40:18 pm »

I love Ashe's straight-out-of-the-gate half health harass, totally gets the laning phase off to a good start.

But you know what I hate?  Fucking everyone.  Get into queue with Veigar, Morg, Wukong.  I go Ashe.  Fifth guy finally connects, instalock Tryndamere.  What the fuck?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 06:47:32 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: July 27, 2011, 06:42:47 pm »

Erm...

That's kinda scary actually. I did this calculation because I fought an Ashe that had that. Every time she volley'd, I lost half my health.

Edit: An Ashe at level 1 with full AD and 21 0 9 will start with 77.37 AD.... at level 1...

@.@ That's 1/4th someone's lifebar lol... And with her crit it'll be 1/2 their lifebar. And with a volley it'll be 3/4th their lifebar. I can get behind that.
It's nice, but runes also give things that you can't get through items alone (AKA, free armor penetration, movespeed, etc). Having magic resist runes means you can delay getting a Banshee's, unless you prefer going a complete glass cannon build. I personally find being able to negate all of an opponents armor at level 1 more useful, while having extra reliability against any pesky nukes slightly better, though. May work on Ashe, but your mileage may vary on other champions.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: July 27, 2011, 06:48:18 pm »

Erm...

It's nice, but runes also give things that you can't get through items alone (AKA, free armor penetration, movespeed, etc). Having magic resist runes means you can delay getting a Banshee's, unless you prefer going a complete glass cannon build. I personally find being able to negate all of an opponents armor at level 1 more useful, while having extra reliability against any pesky nukes slightly better, though. May work on Ashe, but your mileage may vary on other champions.
Maybe he just wants the FB? That's enough of a psychological edge to allow superior laning. Especially if you 4-shot someone.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: July 27, 2011, 07:26:27 pm »

This game, in my mind, is about snowballing. You must obtain the early game advantage in order to cruise through the rest of the game.

On one hand, I could have 29 arpen and do 10% more damage to enemies all game. OR.

I could start with 80 AD and obliterate enemies in 4 hits for super easy laning.

Some people prefer the first. I prefer the second myself.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: July 27, 2011, 07:55:06 pm »

super easy laning.

That depends. Are you good at last-hitting? I've seen some players who are just... terrible at last-hitting and just end up pushing the lane without getting much gold at all.
Also often called Boowells.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 1067