Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275147 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Wukong, the Monkey King - 1.0.0.122
« Reply #2085 on: July 26, 2011, 10:29:55 pm »

I was thinking that Urgot's ultimate should have some kind of AP scaling. Just so that getting a bit of AP isn't completely useless like it always is (or when you're doing any variation of BRAVERY)...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: July 26, 2011, 10:35:55 pm »

The thing is. Even when buffed, yorick is still a silly champion. His lategame pales next to other tanky dps lategame. Jarvan, Irelia, Xin, Renekton, etc. All make him pale in comparison during late game since his ghouls's and ability damage become almost irrelevant. He basicaly becomes a pseudo tank whenever he isn't copying your ranged carry. Overbuffed or not, he's just very poorly designed, not like it matters since most solo queue people jus tget stomped early.

Also, I like the Kayle remake, I got to say she feels alot more reliable now and she's far more dangerous without her massive stack of items now. With reckoning + her E's base damase alone and some attack speed, she's pretty dangerous during early and midgame, and a dependable lategame fighter as well. Her new passive is pretty silly though.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: July 26, 2011, 10:46:39 pm »

I was thinking that Urgot's ultimate should have some kind of AP scaling. Just so that getting a bit of AP isn't completely useless like it always is (or when you're doing any variation of BRAVERY)...
His shield scales with AP.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #2088 on: July 26, 2011, 10:49:23 pm »

His shield scales with AP.
One skill does not make it useful at all. Not to mention the shield isn't that great of AP scaling in the first place.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: July 26, 2011, 10:50:56 pm »

The thing is. Even when buffed, yorick is still a silly champion. His lategame pales next to other tanky dps lategame. Jarvan, Irelia, Xin, Renekton, etc. All make him pale in comparison during late game since his ghouls's and ability damage become almost irrelevant. He basicaly becomes a pseudo tank whenever he isn't copying your ranged carry. Overbuffed or not, he's just very poorly designed, not like it matters since most solo queue people jus tget stomped early.

Also, I like the Kayle remake, I got to say she feels alot more reliable now and she's far more dangerous without her massive stack of items now. With reckoning + her E's base damase alone and some attack speed, she's pretty dangerous during early and midgame, and a dependable lategame fighter as well. Her new passive is pretty silly though.

Not at all, he stomps at all phases of the game, very hard too. I like the W change, it lets me get gunblade now. I don't know why people say he falls off late game. I can 1v1 a Jarvan, Irelia, Xin, or Renekton and win as Yorick no problem. I might even be able to take on Renekton and Jarvan 1v2.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: July 26, 2011, 11:12:09 pm »

Riot on Yorick:
Sure, the ultimate change is pretty straight forward, cloning another physical DPS character with 100% AD was just too powerful. Basically you could clone your Ashe and have it auto attack during a team fight and it was practically a 6v5.

Omen of Pestilence - IN GENERAL, we like most characters to have a variety of scaling specifically in the melee class category so they can feel good about any build they choose to use. For instance, purchasing a sheen on Yorick feels pretty bad (even though it's really good for him) because you are not benefiting at all from the ability power that you get from sheen, or if you choose to upgrade it Trinity Force. Also, GENERALLY we don't like to put AD scaling on AOE MAGIC damage abilities that are not on ultimates, because then you have a champion who is scaling well with his physical auto attacks and single target damage, but he is also AOEing down your team with magic damage, this makes them very hard to itemize against.

With that being said, do I think this was a good change? Yes
Do I think we should have compensating him in some way for making this change? Yes
There are some other areas where we could have made up for some of his lost scaling damage, like Omen of War.

With that being said I don't think Yorick is in that bad of a place currently, but he could certainly use some very small buffs to his scaling.

I never noticed the change to his ultimate. Huh... seems pretty unwarranted... Then again I don't play him so... muhahahaa!

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #2091 on: July 26, 2011, 11:18:29 pm »

So Teemo got 470 creep kills. What does he do with all that money? He builds three Trinity Forces of course.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It took Yi a while to realize he could just run up and smack our nexus at the end.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: July 26, 2011, 11:38:00 pm »

Finally finally finally had a game where enough of the team realized the laning phase was over that we could win.

I think that's the big problem at lower levels, and most of my more painful losses seem to be from this.  People don't seem to transition from laning to grouping well.  They keep pushing individual lanes way longer than they should.  This either leads to bullshit when both teams do it and nothing ever gets done, or horrible 5-man ganks.  The worst thing is when the team that can't transition is the one that's winning hands down.  That's what causes those fucking nightmarish hour-long games where no one wants to fucking push the nexus when we've practically won.  Even after we grabbed baron and broke the base's defenses we had the whole team suddenly break off the attack to defend our outer turret which was being creeped.  Three of us (Veigar[me], Morde, and Xin) took down the nexus while Teemo and kat pushed like dumbasses.  That's how upsets happen guys, don't do that shit.

Luckily I'd caught up after my weak laning phase and was snowballing hard, so their carries couldn't do shit.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:48:17 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: July 27, 2011, 01:06:41 am »

Heh... speaking of early game upsets. I was just in a game where our Fiddle died to wolves at level 1. Yup. I was in mid with Caitlyn, happily kicking Katarina around and suddenly... "An ally has been slain".  ???

Still won though. Such bizzaro things happen in solo queue. Our Amumu somehow beating Morde at solo top.  ??? Poppy and Ryze somehow beating Fiddlesticks and Lee Sin.  ???

Then later... Tank Fiddle...  ???

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: July 27, 2011, 06:20:33 am »

So i got an idea from all that talk about Wriggle's lantern.

1.Pick Sion
2.Rush Wriggle
3.Farm
4.???
5.Profit

:D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: July 27, 2011, 07:11:28 am »

The thing is, Gragas required you to completely outplay your opponents. I used to be able to do pretty well with him, but since the nerfs his laning is terrible, so I find it hard to play him at all.

His passive is OP in a lane that isn't very aggressive, because you just space out your abilities and basically get a free Force of Nature.

And yeah, he is a little difficult. And unique compared to other AP champions.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: July 27, 2011, 08:02:19 am »

After having saved up IP to get my quints when I finally hit 30 (I have about 1000 XP to go, now) I curse the arrival of Wukong for taking all that away from me.

But he's so much fun. Absolutely rapes people with his DAMONKIA! I was hitting about a total of 500 Physical damage/second on his two minute cooldown ult. I feel like I should make a build guide on Mobafire, but I've not quite thought this through all the way (and I'd hate to see a huge number of people who can't think for themselves using my build as it ends up becoming "cookie cutter.") I may do it at some point, but this is just done out of boredom at the moment.

Spoiler: My Current Build (click to show/hide)
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: July 27, 2011, 08:44:48 am »

I am thinking of building him like i do Jarvan.Start with regen pendant and a mana potion, after you have been for a while in lane go back and get Philo stone and HoG (avarice blade would be better in this case i think) and the basic boots.Go back and farm and stay in lane for a long while, picking up kills when able.After you return for the second time you should be able to finish boots and buy phage right away.
Mid game kicks in sometime around now so you can either rush Trin force if you are doing good or go for catlyst if you need survivability.Now depending on what you got you either finish up Randouin or Youumu and after that Banshee.The rest is situational, you either build more defenses or more damage depending on how you and your team are doing.

Come to think of it, almost every tanky dps works this way (the exceptions being those without mana like Rene or Garen)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: July 27, 2011, 11:48:41 am »

So, uh, since the nerfs to hungering strike, is Warwick junglable without runes (And by junglable I mean junglable at a speed that's not embarrassing)?

Right now I'm using cloth and 5 pots:

Twins->Wolves->Blue->Wraiths->Red->Bluepill for Madred->Twins->Wraiths->Wolves->Enemy Blue->Twins->Bluepill for Wriggle's (Without wriggles dragon kills me)->Dragon

Madred's razor appears to be a semi-hard cap on my time unless I grab some minions along the way or something.  If I finish before 5:50 I don't have enough gold to buy it and have to sit in spawn waiting 10 seconds or so.

Dragon was done by like 10 minutes, so I was level 6 with blue buff and Wriggle's lantern at 10 minutes or so.

I'm reading in the forums about how most junglers are ready to gank by 4:30.  I doubt I'd be ready to gank by 5:00.  Is there anything I can do to improve my jungling?  Is it even worth jungling at this level?  I think I've seen two or three junglers total and at least one of those got humiliated at blue and had to lane.

I think I've got potion use about as tight as I can get it to get through safely and quickly.
Shoes...

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: July 27, 2011, 12:22:51 pm »

I feel like WW jungle took a big hit. I'd like to see some hard numbers on the difference in healing done between hungering strike and hunter's call at level 1 with base stats.

I like to smite the blue wraith right off the bat, it brings smite back up much quicker, so if you wanted to you can smite the blue wraith, go twins, wraiths, smite one of the golem guards, wolves, then golem.

That being said, I am a pretty weak jungler. I don't have timing figured out or anything.

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 1067