Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275214 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Leona, the Radiant Dawn - 1.0.0.121
« Reply #2010 on: July 25, 2011, 08:35:55 pm »

Pantheon and TF will only be able to teleport halfway across the map (buffs incoming for panth in the patch after this)

Whaaaaat?!

Global teleports can't be balanced. Either the character is terrible (Pantheon) or ridiculously good (old pantheon, Twisted Fate). This is because it basically turns the game into a 6v5 in some aspects. Not in team fights, but for instance they can send TF to backdoor top.

And then when you send someone else to stop him, his team initiates a team fight and he teleports to it, making it a 5v4. Any even fight that isn't 5v5 is a losing one against a TF, because he'll just make it uneven in their favor. So you have to sit back and defend without ever playing offensively until you're ready to 5v5 it. Which is boring to play, very hard to play against, and boring to watch.

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: July 25, 2011, 08:36:47 pm »

That Monkey King does have some nice abilities, but I always have trouble seeing what the f is going in HoN. Maybe it's my pc that runs my game at youtube quality, or it are my eyes.

But mmmmm, some Urgot this week. And some juggling around on Kata I reckon.
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: July 25, 2011, 08:38:00 pm »

Eh, I don't really want anything in this free week. I own Leona, Veigar, Nunu, and Teemo but I don't really like any of the others except maybe Kat.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2013 on: July 25, 2011, 08:39:28 pm »

That Monkey King does have some nice abilities, but I always have trouble seeing what the f is going in HoN. Maybe it's my pc that runs my game at youtube quality, or it are my eyes.

It is your eyes.
But not just your eyes.
I have the same problem, which is one of the reasons why I'm not interested in HoN.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: July 25, 2011, 08:40:24 pm »

It is your eyes.
But not just your eyes.
I have the same problem, which is one of the reasons why I'm not interested in HoN.
Same here. Tried it when it was free, was just too confusing.  :'(

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: July 25, 2011, 08:45:57 pm »

Pantheon and TF will only be able to teleport halfway across the map (buffs incoming for panth in the patch after this)

Whaaaaat?!

Global teleports can't be balanced. Either the character is terrible (Pantheon) or ridiculously good (old pantheon, Twisted Fate). This is because it basically turns the game into a 6v5 in some aspects. Not in team fights, but for instance they can send TF to backdoor top.

And then when you send someone else to stop him, his team initiates a team fight and he teleports to it, making it a 5v4. Any even fight that isn't 5v5 is a losing one against a TF, because he'll just make it uneven in their favor. So you have to sit back and defend without ever playing offensively until you're ready to 5v5 it. Which is boring to play, very hard to play against, and boring to watch.

I guess so...  I had a little fun trolling people with global TF, that'll have to do.  You can almost hear the opponent's exasperated sigh when they're almost in the clear and you gate in front of them.

Also, what you guise thinks abt my hybrid TF build.  I can't remember what LuckySpade told me to get but it involved Rabadon's Deathcap.  I still haven't tried that yet.

Currently I'm doing Bloodrazor, Swiftness (Or whatever, depends), Nashor, Hextech Gunblade as my core build, with other stuff being situation.  It's pretty expensive, but I seem to do well with it.  Went 14-6-something a few games ago, totally kicked ass and took names.  Any suggestions?
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: July 25, 2011, 09:19:25 pm »

One major concern I've had with the Kayle rework was the announcement of the '% based armor/magic resist shred' that would be the new passive. This puts it into a similar area as Nidalee's Bushwhack, Urgot's NCC and Jarvan's Dragon Strike.

The problem? All of these effects are bugged. None of these effects factor in bonus armor/magic resist from items, runes, masteries or skills. Only base stats from levels. I had actually reported this bug a while back which was picked up by a Red and yet it's still bugged. Link for those interested: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=11178503#post10829825

And now Riot is releasing a new champion rework based on this bug, balance numbers and all. What this means is that Kayle's passive is doing almost nothing.

This will be a long one, as all this comes from the video, not exactly 1st-hand info, so I want people to be perfectly sure with what I'm talking about.

Watch the Champion Spotlight. It's very notable in one of the late game fights where Phreak wails on a lv-15 Galio for about 10 seconds.

3:58 - 130/199 - 5 HF stacks, 4 Malady
4:02 - 220/289 - Bulwark is cast here, gains +90/+90
4:03 - 227/292 - Holy Fervor stacks time-out. Gains +7/+3 from the lack of debuff.

After this the stats get strange - armor values changing on each stat update.

Next fight vs a lv-14 Urgot.

4:19 - 166/135 - Abyssal debuff, channeling ult
4:21 - 160/108 - 5 HF, 4 Malady. Ult bonus still active
4:23 - 55/3 - Urgot loses ult bonus for -105/-105

So what is the issue? First off, Galio casts Bulwark for a full 90/90. If the shred was working properly, then this should be reduced. It's still possible that Bulwark was buffed as he was highlighted in the Patch Preview.

Next is plainly obvious - Holy Fervor drops off Galio, for a total of 7/3 armor/magic resist. Remember that this is late game, against a tank. 7/3 is almost nothing to him.

The fight vs Urgot is even more blatantly wrong - Full debuff stacks shred Urgot for 6/27. Discounting Malady's 24, thats 6/3. Urgot's ulti boost falls off for 105/105. As he was level 14, this is exactly the amount his level 2 ult should give. No shred in play.

Now consider the base armor and magic resistances of both enemies:

Galio gains 13 + 4/lv armor, 30 + 0/lv magic resist. 73/30 at 15.
Shred removes 7/3 or 9.59%/10% of base stats.

Urgot gains 15 + 3.3/lv armor, 30 + 0/lv magic resist. 61.2/30 at 14
Shred removes 6/3 or 10.2%/10% of base stats.

They're roughly the same, give or take with rounding.

TL;DR: Kayle's new passive is clearly not working on bonus armor and magic resistance, and is almost useless against any target. Tanks can ignore the very minor reduction in resistances, and squishy carries die too quickly to even stack the passive up in the first place.

Remember it takes a full FIVE attacks to apply the full 10%. Many attacks will remove nothing at all, even at max level.

I don't mind Kayle getting a new passive. But this is basically just a fancy way of saying 'We are removing Kayle's passive.' Even Sion's or Eve's passive is more useful, if only because they let you be more aggressive in lane without minions getting in your way.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: July 25, 2011, 09:29:35 pm »

I guess so...  I had a little fun trolling people with global TF, that'll have to do.  You can almost hear the opponent's exasperated sigh when they're almost in the clear and you gate in front of them.

Also, what you guise thinks abt my hybrid TF build.  I can't remember what LuckySpade told me to get but it involved Rabadon's Deathcap.  I still haven't tried that yet.

Currently I'm doing Bloodrazor, Swiftness (Or whatever, depends), Nashor, Hextech Gunblade as my core build, with other stuff being situation.  It's pretty expensive, but I seem to do well with it.  Went 14-6-something a few games ago, totally kicked ass and took names.  Any suggestions?

Understandable. I've played a lot of TF in my time, too. Though as I got better at the game, I haven't gotten much better at TF. Meaning that I suck at my original main. Oh well.

Anyways, the best TF right now is AP TF. Go sheen, whatever boots you want, deathcap, lichbane, whatever else you want. You have absurd burst basically. Ult in with a gold card, stun and use the lichbane proc, Q them for great damage, autoattack for a lichbane proc. For extra pro damage, one of the two attacks you use should proc your E.

It really bugs me that I know exactly how to be good at TF. Memorized builds, burst combo, etc. I can give anyone advice on him, but I can't play him myself anymore.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: July 25, 2011, 09:38:09 pm »

Someone mind to answer my question please?  :-\

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: July 25, 2011, 09:40:50 pm »

Someone mind to answer my question please?  :-\
Warwick.

One of the best 1v1 champions in the game. Scary vs anyone. Jungles like a beast. Lanes like a beast. One of the best gankers in the game. Viable all game.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: July 25, 2011, 09:42:13 pm »

Im fixing to get in a round now, how much RP does he cost?
Also, its either Trundle or Warwick that ill buy.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: July 25, 2011, 09:43:53 pm »

Looking forward to playing Leona, but you know, of course people will be instalocking her. Might as well try Urgot and Teemo too.
Also often called Boowells.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: July 25, 2011, 09:59:42 pm »

Looking very forward to his patch's balance changes, the balance in this patch was the worst it's been in a while.

Also, on a scale of 1 to 10, how annoying is my avatar?

It's about a

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: July 25, 2011, 10:14:34 pm »

Patch notes out, updating OP now.

Also, my avatar is possibly becoming a LoL forum meme (I was the 2nd adopter as far as I know.)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: July 25, 2011, 10:14:49 pm »

Duo queue with someone you trust is the best advice I think.

When I duo queue with one of my friends, we essentially rape everyone. By playing good champions we can 2v5 the enemy no problem since they're so stupid. Sometimes of course, it's way out of our hands but you know... it works 75% of the time at least.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 1067