Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275311 times)

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Leona, the Radiant Dawn - 1.0.0.121
« Reply #1890 on: July 22, 2011, 01:56:14 pm »

Wooo, I actually managed to carry a game which was almost lost by terrible teammates. The opposing team was equally bad (especially a Singed that fell 2 levels behind me in laning and got 1/5 of my CS), so I managed to go 20/7/13 as Yorick. The end started to feel like a bot game.

Back up to 1300 Elo!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also got a triple kill while dead.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 02:02:48 pm by LASD »

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: July 22, 2011, 02:00:53 pm »

Tried Maokai yesterday, goddamn he's fun. Beat fiddlesticks to a pulp in lane with him. He has good lane sustain, great harass, good CC, great tankyness. People who say his saplings become useless during the late game obviously don't use them as short duration wards, you can give your team alot of map vision before they expire. His Q is sort of lackluster, but at least you can use it to interrupt channeling.
You're not that Mao that lanes with a dps and maxes Saplings first, are you?

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: July 22, 2011, 02:12:36 pm »

Ofc nae, I get 1 level in sapplings so I can spread them around and have vision over the whole lane for a small mana cost, though. But anyways, I tend to end up leveling it along with twisted advance, its good harassment in the early game. I do get a level in Q for combo'ing with W, though.

Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: July 22, 2011, 02:58:24 pm »

So, pure tank Cho'Gath.  This is currently waht I'm looking at, how should I modify it?  I keep hearing how great Catalyst is on Cho'Gath, is it really essential and what should it (And Rod of Ages, I assume?) replace?

Merc Treads, Aegis, Angel, Randuin, Force-a-Nature, reactive defensive item (Banshee, Thornmail, etc.)
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: July 22, 2011, 03:12:23 pm »

Cho enjoys a bit of AP, and he makes good use of every stat rod of ages gives, so yea, rod of ages is nice choice on him. Banshee's only becomes really useful later on anyways.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: July 22, 2011, 07:01:03 pm »

I bought Commando Jarvan since he was on sale. Now I really, really like playing as Jarvan and do amazingly well. He actually looks cool now with an actually fun weapon (though he still sounds like he has a stick up his ass).

It was the same with Xin Zhao. I did really bad as him until I got the commando skin... then suddenly I was imbued with the hidden Xin Zhao talent!

Proof that Riot sells power! Skins affect your gameplay!  :P

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: July 22, 2011, 07:04:27 pm »

Maybe I should reconsider then. Am about to buy the Jarvmeister, but when I saw the skin sale I had to cry. I'm not that fond the commando skins. I'm sitting on my RP like a goose, intending to only buy skins on sale.. but I think I can put that sock of RP back on the attic with this attitude.
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: July 22, 2011, 07:20:08 pm »

I bought Commando Jarvan since he was on sale. Now I really, really like playing as Jarvan and do amazingly well. He actually looks cool now with an actually fun weapon (though he still sounds like he has a stick up his ass).

It was the same with Xin Zhao. I did really bad as him until I got the commando skin... then suddenly I was imbued with the hidden Xin Zhao talent!

I only wish that Commando Lux changed her spell textures to fire, because doubled-ended goddamn flamethrower.

But nope. : (
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #1898 on: July 22, 2011, 07:22:03 pm »

I kind of want to get Crabgot, personally. I'm just not sure if I should wait for a sale or not.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: July 22, 2011, 07:23:37 pm »

Pretty much this, but then again i was doing pretty boss with him even without the skin ^^
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: July 22, 2011, 07:26:36 pm »

I think I personally become more invested in a character when I get a skin for them. It's just an innate morale boost. It might also slightly intimidate the enemy but that's just pure speculation. I know that when I see champions like Singed, Warwick, Trundle, Urgot etc. with skins... I piss my pants.

I also wish the Lux skin had fire Akigagak... :(

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: July 22, 2011, 08:36:00 pm »

Is this real life?

EDIT:  Should've covered up his name as a courtesy.  I just went through some of his other games.  My favorite is when he rocked Tear, two Zeals, and Negatron as Ryze.  What a champ.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 08:40:30 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: July 22, 2011, 08:42:41 pm »

I think I personally become more invested in a character when I get a skin for them. It's just an innate morale boost. It might also slightly intimidate the enemy but that's just pure speculation. I know that when I see champions like Singed, Warwick, Trundle, Urgot etc. with skins... I piss my pants.

Surfer Singed, man. Scariest thing in LoL to see on the enemy team.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: July 22, 2011, 09:08:12 pm »

I am very despondent about so many people instalocking Mordekaiser. Having finally tried Mordekaiser myself...holy shit, he is powerful. How the hell are people getting such terrible terrible TERRIBLE scores with him? He tanks shit and blows turrets up as soon as he gets a Children of the Grave on you. I've seen so many retarded Mordekaisers INITIATING with the ultimate.

Maokai is very fun. His early/midgame is quite powerful, but you need to stomp the enemy into submission midgame or else they WILL become more powerful than you once everybody finishes their build. At that point, hope to God your team is relatively competent because that ultimate is nothing to scoff at. (although I did, at first. 20% doesn't seem like a lot. :-\)
Also often called Boowells.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: July 22, 2011, 09:19:16 pm »

Yeah 20% seemed really low until I realized that basically (mathematically anyway) turns a 5v5 into a 5v4 in terms of damage. Then it blows up.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 1067