Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275422 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Leona, the Radiant Dawn - 1.0.0.121
« Reply #1800 on: July 20, 2011, 12:32:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pantheon better turret diver than noct, gg.

They need to make at least some of Pantheon's abilities skill shots... As of now it's just point, click and do 500 damage. Especially if they're going to buff him.

Erm.... and his man drop isn't a skill shot?  Try telling me that doesn't take skill to actually get somebody in there, just try it.  I will rofl and then call you nub.  Also, it's hilariously easy to walk out of HSS if you're at all competent and not in someway disabled (i.e. stunned).  Even then, it lasts 5 seconds, if you can't get out of it in 5 seconds you have bigger problems than Pantheon. 

That leaves his short range jump stun and his med. range spear throw.  Let's compare to some other abilities in the game.  Sion's single target stun, Taric's stun, Gangplank's Parrrrrley, and LeBlanc's sigil of silence all come to mind as similar to the spear throw (and that's just from my personal experience that I think of right away).  You'll see that all of those do something more than damage so your point is basically invalid as far Spear Throw goes.  Finally there is the jump stun. . . a similar move is on soooooo many champions do I even need to get into how this doesn't need changed?

Congratulations, your idea that Pantheon is somehow unbalanced without skill shots has been proven wrong.

It's still a near-global teleport/stun.  Even if they get out of the way he's still able to instantly get into a fight anywhere on the map.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 03:09:41 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: July 20, 2011, 01:10:25 pm »

Guyse, we're going to fix tanky DPS.
After we make a few more.

In b4 everyone builds wukong using trinforce+atmas+tanky items.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: July 20, 2011, 01:18:25 pm »

Okay, I take most of my complaints back, 21:16 and no login queue, wow. I can log off of LoL and shut down my computer from now on.

Still, I wish I was on West.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: July 20, 2011, 01:18:53 pm »

Will he need frozen mallet to have some sort of slow? Or will the dash be enough do you think? I'm just kind of idly wondering because it doesn't look like he has any crowd control at all except a slight knock up from his ultimate.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: July 20, 2011, 01:47:13 pm »

His ultimate speeds him up too. Not having a lot of cc is fine, that's what teammates are for :D

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: July 20, 2011, 03:07:22 pm »

They are making it merely long rage, about the same as Ashe max level eagle shot IIRC.  That's a pretty stinkin' big deal since you have to seriously lead your target by mor than three seconds.  Also, it is a snare not a stun attached to his ult. 

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: July 20, 2011, 03:10:36 pm »

Hmmm... Who's the best character to backdoor with? I want to make a troll build where I take revive, teleport, and a invis ward to the enemy base and take down an inhibitor turret.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: July 20, 2011, 03:16:27 pm »

I've played Sivir enough to know she's a bitch. I'll try Yi though.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: July 20, 2011, 03:19:16 pm »

Hmmm... Who's the best character to backdoor with? I want to make a troll build where I take revive, teleport, and a invis ward to the enemy base and take down an inhibitor turret.

There are Yi builds that do this.  They're even more ridiculous if the rest of your team is in on the joke and builds accordingly.
Shoes...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: July 20, 2011, 03:20:34 pm »

LASD dude, no need to worry, i am on East too :D

Smack me if you want a game sometimes, it can get boring pubstomping people alone :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: July 20, 2011, 03:40:14 pm »

After he gets his core items going, yorick makes a powerful suicide pusher. You push minions really hard with your ghouls and can drag turret aggro with them and your ultimate, which also basicaly doubles your pushing strenght at rank 3. Even if someone comes to catch you, you're still tanky enough to crush the turret unless they're super fed.

Its also possible to solo baron with Yorick by dragging aggro with your ghouls constantly :P , not the safest way to solo baron though.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: July 20, 2011, 03:42:43 pm »

Tryndamere also backdoors very well late game. He can take down a tower quickly and his ult makes it easier to tank a turret by himself.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: July 20, 2011, 03:50:18 pm »

The split is amazing, I can actually get a game at this time of day, which led to something wonderful.

The most even match I have ever played. And by even, I mean REALLY even. Like both having the same amount of kills and having an inhib down at the same time even.
Was AP Ali(me), Yorick, Anivia, Rumble and Ezrael VS Maokai, Xin, AP TF, Leona and Nidalee.
And I dont think I have ever been so dangerous in a game. I could just MURDER the TF and Nidalee who hadnt built defense. Teamfights were complete clusterfucks with
three melees on both sides and with the ranged dudes trying desperately not to get raped by me or xin.
It was really back and forth with the end coming when we had lost two inhibs and managed to exchange 1 death for 3 kills in the last teamfight after which we just rushed their defenseless inhib and then their Nexus. Both teams bases were completely destroyed with both having a single lane which had managed to survive.

Interestingly both teams had a player who sucked more than the rest, the AP TF for them and the Rumble for us. Both died the EXACT SAME amount of times. The kills and assists were a bit more centralised for them but more spread out for us which I believe directly led to their loss, as we managed to kill their xin in the last teamfight quite quickly, while they got one of our guys and the rest werent fed enough to compensate for the exchange.

EDIT: I also really like my new build where I dont get a golden heart and get the Reverie earlier for the CDR. Really does wonders for the amount of CC I pump out.
EDIT2: Just noticed, as compensation for getting less assists, their team farmed more than ours.
EDIT3: Looking at the graphs n stuff, their team apparently both dealt, and recieved more damage.
EDIT4: I just remembered they had a jungler: Leona. Suprised that didnt throw the evenness off.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 04:01:22 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: July 20, 2011, 04:36:13 pm »

I have had some succes with Nasus doing that. I bought him per advice in this thread, and if I can survive early-mid, I can absolutely destroy towers. Building him tanky, with maybe a triforce, and turrets go down in a puff of smoke. Minion waves too, and with his ultimate/innate lifesteal, I don't die.

I fear I know the answer to my next question: is there any way to edit/personalize the recommended items? I played some Zilean games in my duoqueue, but that was ages ago, and had to crunch my brains to remember what I bought.
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: July 20, 2011, 04:38:49 pm »

I've heard of some mod or something to do that but no, there's no way to do that without outside editing.

EDIT: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=145862 Here you go.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 05:38:39 pm by Yodamaster »
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 1067