Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275571 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Leona, the Radiant Dawn - 1.0.0.121
« Reply #1680 on: July 18, 2011, 02:58:13 am »

Lol, okay then.

Errol said he'd duo queue too, but every time I see him he's in a game.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: July 18, 2011, 03:26:46 am »

It's official.

Renekton needs to be renamed "Food". I've yet to see a single one who hasn't fed me. And Annie is so much fun when she's fat.
*buys Deathcap when his food is only 7*
Soooooo much fun....

Come at me, bro.
I already did.

Convinced myself not to leave at Loading Screen when I saw 2 revives and a Renekton with Fortify-Heal.

Left at 2:46 after the retarded dive.

If you want to see what a REAL Renekton can do, add me on US. Sytherion. We'll do no runes, masteries to whatever level you have or to a set number like 9. And then I'll show you what Renekton does in non-retarded hands.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: July 18, 2011, 03:35:03 am »

Yup, Rene is a proper murder machine once you get the hang of him, and he is very versatile too since it doesn't take much for him to become a full on tank, or if you are roflstomping them a full on dps.But there are still people who can fail at him spectacularly, like gunblade stacking Rene i just played against XD
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: July 18, 2011, 03:35:57 am »

It's official.

Renekton needs to be renamed "Food". I've yet to see a single one who hasn't fed me. And Annie is so much fun when she's fat.
*buys Deathcap when his food is only 7*
Soooooo much fun....

Come at me, bro.
I already did.

Convinced myself not to leave at Loading Screen when I saw 2 revives and a Renekton with Fortify-Heal.

Left at 2:46 after the retarded dive.

If you want to see what a REAL Renekton can do, add me on US. Sytherion. We'll do no runes, masteries to whatever level you have or to a set number like 9. And then I'll show you what Renekton does in non-retarded hands.
Too bad, from what I can tell you're saying, that's 1v1, which doesn't really show what a Renekton can do in a real game.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: July 18, 2011, 03:40:20 am »

What a Renekton SHOULD do is win the fuck out of his lane, take his tower as early as he can manage (if you use your Q properly, you're going to PUSH LIKE MAD and be ungankable anyway), and then proceed to ruin other lanes in succession. Then, being stupidly fed, he grabs his Ghostblade and Es his way to the enemy carry, W Q 1 and ruins their range DPS / mage in the face.

Unless I dig for a replay or harvest material for one, I can only show the first part or two.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: July 18, 2011, 03:57:23 am »

What if you're up against an obviously duoqueueing Xin Zhao/Vayne and they're harassing the hell out of you and your lanemate, who's really too afraid to do anything? We got out-harassed and ended up feeding the Vayne/Xin Zhao far too early. Eventually, the only thing I could do was dash in, stun the damn Xin Zhao before he got a slow off, slash all of the minions, and dash out. My lane-mate didn't even try to get any last-hits.

Needless to say, we lost.
Also often called Boowells.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: July 18, 2011, 04:11:20 am »

I feel Xin is rather broken early game, since he is near impossible to harrass after he hits level 2.You come anywhere near him and he simply dashes and knocks you up for half your health, this is especially bad if he is with someone who can further increase his sustainability, like Soraka or Sona.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

enigma74

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: July 18, 2011, 04:12:03 am »

What if you're up against an obviously duoqueueing Xin Zhao/Vayne and they're harassing the hell out of you and your lanemate, who's really too afraid to do anything? We got out-harassed and ended up feeding the Vayne/Xin Zhao far too early. Eventually, the only thing I could do was dash in, stun the damn Xin Zhao before he got a slow off, slash all of the minions, and dash out. My lane-mate didn't even try to get any last-hits.

It depends on which champions you were using, but generally speaking:

If you have a jungler:
Call him, beg for a gank.  At the very least, your gank should soften your opponents up and make them wary of your harass.  A Xin Zhao with low life can't use his passive to farm your minions for HP, or else you'll nuke him down.

If you don't have a jungler:
Hug your tower and learn to last hit creeps that the tower has softened up.  If it takes you two tower hits + two autoattacks to kill a melee minion, make sure you hit each one appropriately.  Pick your best farming skills and use them generously.  You won't be able to last hit everything, that's the price of hugging the tower.  Keep your stun/cc/silence/snare ready so Xin Zhao/Vayne will be wary of tower diving.  Allow your tower to take some damage, but by no means have the lane abandoned at any time.  You WILL lose the tower eventually, just try to squeeze as much good as you can out of it.  If you're lucky they will overextend and your mid will sneak down to help you kill one or both of them.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: July 18, 2011, 04:56:20 am »

It depends on which champions you were using, but generally speaking:

If you have a jungler:
Call him, beg for a gank.  At the very least, your gank should soften your opponents up and make them wary of your harass.  A Xin Zhao with low life can't use his passive to farm your minions for HP, or else you'll nuke him down.

If you don't have a jungler:
Hug your tower and learn to last hit creeps that the tower has softened up.  If it takes you two tower hits + two autoattacks to kill a melee minion, make sure you hit each one appropriately.  Pick your best farming skills and use them generously.  You won't be able to last hit everything, that's the price of hugging the tower.  Keep your stun/cc/silence/snare ready so Xin Zhao/Vayne will be wary of tower diving.  Allow your tower to take some damage, but by no means have the lane abandoned at any time.  You WILL lose the tower eventually, just try to squeeze as much good as you can out of it.  If you're lucky they will overextend and your mid will sneak down to help you kill one or both of them.

Nope, no jungler. I'm not level 30 yet, so in many games there's pretty much no supports/jungler/wards. I only had a stun and my lane-mate was Master Yi, so really, there wasn't too much we could do. Even worse, Xin Zhao and Vayne refused to overextend. They would just sit within xp range when they had pushed all the way to the tower. Mid was otherwise preoccupied ganking top, who also needed help, just not as desperately as bottom.

And the problem with last-hitting tower-softened minions is that your own minions tend to over-soften the enemy minions, preventing effective last-hits. Cull the Meek is good, but not THAT good. I probably should've been spamming my abilities more often just to get those last-hits, regardless of the cooldowns.

Not that junglers are that effective anyway at level 15 or so. Half-full masteries and half-full (or completely empty!) rune pages probably have something to do with the junglers ending up far too underleveled by the time the mid-game starts.
Also often called Boowells.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1689 on: July 18, 2011, 05:00:34 am »

Not that junglers are that effective anyway at level 15 or so. Half-full masteries and half-full (or completely empty!) rune pages probably have something to do with the junglers ending up far too underleveled by the time the mid-game starts.

Junglers that gank really often get to be really low level compared to others. If they are too low lvl, let them hold your lane and farm minions there, or let them jungle normally.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: July 18, 2011, 05:11:30 am »

1) Renekton needs a solo lane. Against a single enemy, he'll eat face because one person can't keep up with his raw damage and his ability to "Harvest" HP. Also, lesser items like Brutalizer go farther on him than on others so his initial farm matters more (at the cost of his later farm doing less for him).
2) Yi/Renekton should never be allowed to happen as a lane. If you had no other options in your teamcomp, then your teamcomp had a problem.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: July 18, 2011, 07:49:52 am »

Results are in from Trollbuild Treeline.  We had tannkie, crit/ms sivir and dps leona against tankyi, tank twitch, and as cho.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I wish I had a cap of the next game, with gp stacking phantom dancers, teemo stacking zeals, and singed stacking hats like a tf2 player
I got a capture of the game! Unfortunately, I was unaware we were trollbuilding that game...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: July 18, 2011, 09:04:23 am »

I wish I had a cap of the next game, with gp stacking phantom dancers, teemo stacking zeals, and singed stacking hats like a tf2 player

Pentazeal is the only way to play Teemo.

I got a capture of the game! Unfortunately, I was unaware we were trollbuilding that game...

I started with a tome, but had to sell it to make room for more Zeals.

50% crit chance and 0 AD is the way to go, but more important is the 40% MS.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: July 18, 2011, 09:51:21 am »

I reached level 21 and was planning on slowly getting some runes together. So I open the store and browse...

QUINTS ARE 2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IP. Wth.

<- Goes back to being noob.
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: July 18, 2011, 09:57:32 am »

Junglers that gank really often get to be really low level compared to others. If they are too low lvl, let them hold your lane and farm minions there, or let them jungle normally.

I think the problem with trying to jungle at low summoner levels is that even if you successfully clear the jungle, you often finish with next to no health, which means that you can't gank.  And if you can't gank, you're probably better off in a lane.

Pentazeal is the only way to play Teemo.

You're forgetting about going for maximum malady
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 1067