Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275642 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Leona, the Radiant Dawn - 1.0.0.121
« Reply #1650 on: July 17, 2011, 07:28:08 pm »

Won a really close game a bit ago. And I mean really close. We were down about 15 kills and then steadily climbed back.

The enemy team had pushed mid most of the way to our base, but then 3 of them died in that assault. We took this time to push mid and top, and then went to grab Baron. Here's where I think I stopped my whole team from losing.

I was Soraka and the rest of the team was fighting Baron. Unfortunately, at least one enemy was on the way to check the Baron, which would probably have ended badly. So, I ran to the enemy first and started fighting him 1v1. He stopped running toward the Baron to fight poor defenseless Soraka, only to have me flee once the Baron went down and my team to come over and pick up the kill. That equalized the game. We managed to take the Baron a second time and destroy mid inhibitor and top two towers.

Then, their team went insane and decided to hunt down our team in 5v1 attacks while we pushed every lane as well as we could. They killed most of us, and then tried pushing, destroying our mid inhibitor. We managed to defend after that. I had Clairvoyance on Baron every 40 seconds, which is lucky, since two of them had started to try and take it. We got there in time to stop the two, killing one, and another team member that had come in at the wrong time. We pushed back again and then we got another decimation on our team and then two of them began pushing top lane. And they pushed it all the way to the inhibitor before I scared off one of them. Sad, I know. The other got killed.

Then we pushed back each lane to their Nexus towers, killed the Baron again, and then slaughtered them mercilessly. Was a good game.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: July 17, 2011, 07:30:00 pm »

I think this comic has more to do with TF back when he was first released.

See, back in ye olden days, TF's Destiny was a normal skill with a normal cooldown that he could get at level 1. And his gold card applied AOE stuns. He also had a global slow.

Back in my day, TF wasn't a faggot like he is now.

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: July 17, 2011, 07:30:42 pm »

Clairvoyance wins games, since it's almost like a global ward.  :)

Every team should have one.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: July 17, 2011, 07:53:27 pm »

Clairvoyance wins games, since it's almost like a global ward.  :)

Every team should have one.
It is steadily becoming my favorite Summoner skill. It's super spammy too if you get the masteries. 10 second reveals every 40 seconds. Find out who's where on the enemy team at the start of the game. Give your team the ability to destroy bush hiders. Gotta love how they are freaking out that you can hit them in the bush. They're scared of the little ol' Soraka that hits them twice and silences them.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: July 17, 2011, 07:53:53 pm »

See, back in ye olden days, TF's Destiny was a normal skill with a normal cooldown that he could get at level 1. And his gold card applied AOE stuns. He also had a global slow.

Back in my day, TF wasn't a not a nice word >:c like he is now.

I don't think I've ever seen a good twisted fate.  I had one insist on taking mid and then feed so bad we basically had to play 5v4.
Shoes...

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: July 17, 2011, 08:19:15 pm »

Welcome to LoL, League of Long games.

That's what it is today.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: July 17, 2011, 08:27:38 pm »

Welcome to LoL, League of Long games.

That's what it is today.
Is it any better than those insta-feed games we occasionally play? I didn't realize it was possible to go 0/6/0 within 10 minutes.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: July 17, 2011, 09:28:55 pm »

Back in my day, TF wasn't a not a nice word >:c like he is now.

I don't think I've ever seen a good twisted fate.  I had one insist on taking mid and then feed so bad we basically had to play 5v4.

TF is one of my favourite characteres because of his stun. Its stupidly powerful.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: July 17, 2011, 09:29:17 pm »

Talking about shitty teams, I need to tell you about this Katarina we just had. Everything I'm about to tell you is true.

Game starts, we went to gank Fiddle at his blue. So 4 of us get there and are camping in the bush opposite of blue golem. Then Katarina comes. I shit you not this is what she did. She runs THROUGH their middle tower, into the brush on blue golem side, losing 3/4th of her HP. Fiddlesticks runs away because he saw her enter...

So we steal his blue buff. All of us attack it and we agree to give it to Veigar. Except at the very last second, Katarina SHUNPOS the golem and steals it. Then she goes top with me, shunpos Nunu and DIES. Now solo lane Nunu has blue buff, first blood, and two levels more than me.

It gets better.

Katarina decides to go to mid now, where Veigar is happily kicking Teemo's ass. She stays there the entire freaking time, saying that Veigar was going to lose to Teemo (he was at full health and Teemo was at half). On the other hand, I'm dying to Nunu at top because I'm lower levelled and don't freaking have blue buff and first blood on my side! In the end Veigar gives up and comes to top with me. 20 seconds later Katarina dies to Teemo. Then she buys her first item. Mejai.

You won't believe it, but we won that match.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: July 17, 2011, 09:36:35 pm »

Then she buys her first item. Mejai.

Maximum trolling
Shoes...

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: July 17, 2011, 09:38:16 pm »

Does Mejai even give a bonus without stacks?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: July 17, 2011, 10:07:20 pm »

like 20-25 ap?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: July 17, 2011, 10:12:36 pm »

Without stacks, it's equivalent to buying an amplifying tome for 1000+ gold.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: July 17, 2011, 10:13:52 pm »

like 20-25 ap?

Amplifying Tome is 435 gold, gives 20 AP. Mejais is 1235 gold, gives 20 AP, plus the potential for an extra 160 AP and 15% CDR (I think it's 15, anyway, might be 20). You're paying 800 gold for potential power. I used to buy it on several chars, now I rarely do it anymore. I find it more reliable to go for Deathcap, etc., unless there's literally no chance they'll recover. That's why it's not seen in higher level play, except maybe on back-line supports, because a death has the potential to cripple your damage output.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: July 17, 2011, 10:34:01 pm »

Talking about shitty teams, I need to tell you about this Katarina we just had. Everything I'm about to tell you is true.

Game starts, we went to gank Fiddle at his blue. So 4 of us get there and are camping in the bush opposite of blue golem. Then Katarina comes. I shit you not this is what she did. She runs THROUGH their middle tower, into the brush on blue golem side, losing 3/4th of her HP. Fiddlesticks runs away because he saw her enter...

So we steal his blue buff. All of us attack it and we agree to give it to Veigar. Except at the very last second, Katarina SHUNPOS the golem and steals it. Then she goes top with me, shunpos Nunu and DIES. Now solo lane Nunu has blue buff, first blood, and two levels more than me.

It gets better.

Katarina decides to go to mid now, where Veigar is happily kicking Teemo's ass. She stays there the entire freaking time, saying that Veigar was going to lose to Teemo (he was at full health and Teemo was at half). On the other hand, I'm dying to Nunu at top because I'm lower levelled and don't freaking have blue buff and first blood on my side! In the end Veigar gives up and comes to top with me. 20 seconds later Katarina dies to Teemo. Then she buys her first item. Mejai.

You won't believe it, but we won that match.
QQ SOME MORE!
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 1067