Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275847 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Leona, the Radiant Dawn - 1.0.0.121
« Reply #1470 on: July 12, 2011, 12:45:41 pm »

Singed
damn squishy carry champ
May I respond with a "What?"
"Vayne, Corki and Tristana"

Wasn't including me or Singed in that statement, which really should have been obvious :|

:P

EDIT: Well, unless you build him full AP with no spellvamp, then yeah he's both pretty squishy and carry-like.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 12:48:25 pm by Akigagak »
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: July 12, 2011, 12:49:08 pm »

Singed
damn squishy carry champ
May I respond with a "What?"
"Vayne, Corki and Tristana"

Wasn't including me or Singed in that statement, which really should have been obvious :|

:P
I thought you might have. But thats pretty much a standard soloqueue team. Squishy as hell, but not squishier than usual. They all also have escapes so...

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: July 12, 2011, 03:14:35 pm »

Yay, I got double bronze in Ranked (5v5 and solo queue)

Wonder what Riot is giving to the ladder placements. Free IP always nice. Perhaps a skin?

Anyway, apparently the ELO reset will be a soft reset. I think this means all those with ELO <1200 will get reset to 1200 while anyone >1200 will stay the same.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: July 12, 2011, 03:37:21 pm »

So, those of you who play Cho'Gath.  I've been looking at some various guides, getting ideas, and was wondering, because the two most recommended guides take pretty opposing paths.

For tank'gath, do you go for lots of health (Rushing Warmog, Leviathan, etc.) or stack armor (Randuin, Aegis of the Legion, blah blah blah)?

Also, one guide suggested boots of mobility and ghost/teleport to offset Cho's lack of mobility.  Is that sound?  I dunno.
Shoes...

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: July 12, 2011, 03:50:08 pm »

Chos who dont understand math go with a warmogs, others get resists.

Cho gets a free mogs with his ult.

EDIT: Mogs gives a shitton of health though. Gonna do some math tomorrow.
EDIT2: Quick math: A level 18 chogath with stacks has 500 more HP than a level 18 Alistar for example. Less difference than I expected. 792 more than rammus though. He gets 150 resistances with his w
though. I think a soak like rammus cho is not. I suggest ROA and resists from my current opinion.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 04:09:30 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: July 12, 2011, 06:24:29 pm »

So, those of you who play Cho'Gath.  I've been looking at some various guides, getting ideas, and was wondering, because the two most recommended guides take pretty opposing paths.

For tank'gath, do you go for lots of health (Rushing Warmog, Leviathan, etc.) or stack armor (Randuin, Aegis of the Legion, blah blah blah)?

Also, one guide suggested boots of mobility and ghost/teleport to offset Cho's lack of mobility.  Is that sound?  I dunno.

Health stacking is a common mistake on Cho.  As cerapa already pointed out, Cho already gets a ton of free health from his ult.  Aegis is one of the best tank items in the game, and randuin lets you sit on a heart of gold.  Abyssal scepter and banshee's are good if you need MR (i.e. the enemy has anyone who deals magic damage).  Cho is also one of the few champions who can benefit from a guardian angel.

The big thing to remember about guides is that anyone can write them.  On mobafire and leaguecraft, you'll want to check the author's elo.  I like using Solomid, because it has an approval system.  Streams are also a good place to pick up builds, but you have to get lucky with when you watch.

Also, does anyone else hate it when the author of a guide posts a screen shot of a winning streak to "prove" their skill with a champion?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: July 12, 2011, 06:53:24 pm »

If Choggy stacks hp and armor he becomes very hard to kill, very tough, but sadly this doesn't make him much of a tank, sure, you are a big damage sponge, but all that potential is wasted if you aren't considered enough of a threath to be targeted by the enemy.

This is why you get some stuff that not only boosts your survivability but also your utility.Rylai and Rod of Ages are probably the most obvious choices along Abbyssal Scepter.Taking this along with some defensive stuff like Banshee, Aegis, Sunfire and the like makes you a real threat to the enemy all the while making you that much harder to kill.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: July 12, 2011, 07:00:15 pm »

Play M'fing cho'gath, use fear as your tank.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: July 12, 2011, 07:17:45 pm »

Dude, fucking Olaf. He's the manliest shit ever.

"4 tanks? AND ONE CARRY?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0. Activate Ghostblade, Ultimate, and Ghost. "WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?" Proceed to demolish carry, ignore all CC, and then rip apart tanks 1 by 1 with your true damage, life steal, and spellvamp. "I GO HARD."

I would totally get Brolaf but I already have glacial olaf and 1820 is a looot of RP. Like 20 bucks worth.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: July 12, 2011, 08:01:27 pm »

Ugh, free vayne week is annoying. In 2 games in a row the vaynes in my team fed like hell. It doesn't matter that I'm playing cho with armor pen runes and doing better then almost everyone in the team, my team's vayne aways end up with some kills and twice the deaths.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: July 12, 2011, 08:19:21 pm »

Not too concerned about feeding Vaynes.

More concerned about everyone who discovers how scary Cassiopeia is.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: July 12, 2011, 08:57:22 pm »

Hi free week cassiopeia! Roar, rupture, nom nom nom.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: July 12, 2011, 09:19:18 pm »

She's really a lot of fun. Plays a little like karthus.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: July 12, 2011, 10:16:37 pm »

Ditto. Given that I tend to play a Cass, I don't want any more people finding out how awesome she is unless it's with me on the field as Cass, with me handing them their petrified heads.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: July 12, 2011, 10:38:25 pm »

I agree Twilight.

I think she's freaking fearsome and incredibly hard to deal with. The only reason she's not more popular is simply because no one gives her a chance. Heck, when I play as her, I literally walk into 3 full-health enemies confident I will win. Even Karthus expects to die before killing them all.

I think a good Cass player is as scary if not scarier than a good Nidalee player. At least Nidalee can't AOE stun an entire team for 2 seconds. I'm a pretty newbie Cassiopeia player and even then I'm getting ridiculous scores. Thus, can you imagine what the good Cass players can inflict?!
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 1067