Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275873 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Leona, the Radiant Dawn - 1.0.0.121
« Reply #1410 on: July 11, 2011, 01:18:24 am »

I saw her played as a AP carry and it was hilarious.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: July 11, 2011, 01:21:06 am »

On my honor I swear never to queue-dodge over unbalanced teams again, because when I finally get a balanced team they'll be shit and lose to five carries, and there will be much weeping and herping of derps.

Also, did anyone else notice that most Alistars seem to be controlled by actual minotaurs?  Stumble around, never talk, never listen, always wandering the map autoattacking creeps even a half hour into the game when the rest of the team is losing a 5v4.
Shoes...

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: July 11, 2011, 01:27:17 am »

Don't complain, or the Alistar Gods will show you what a good Alistar looks like when it's stunning your entire team, killing your carry and then /dance'ing when it's team arrives.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: July 11, 2011, 01:51:13 am »

Good Alistars are super freaking scary.

Almost as bad as good Singeds. Actually, I think they're kinda tied on that front.

Trifecta of super scary if good: Alistar, Singed, Blitzcrank

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: July 11, 2011, 02:40:17 am »

On my honor I swear never to queue-dodge over unbalanced teams again, because when I finally get a balanced team they'll be shit and lose to five carries, and there will be much weeping and herping of derps.

Amen. I continually attempt to play support characters in the interest of balanced teams, but we always get trounced by a team full of two-three carries and maybe a tank and some random character. In fact, my most recent win, which ended a losing streak with support characters, thankfully, was as Kassadin. I got in, burnt a bunch of people, and got out. Ended up as the tank, too, thanks to a Rod of Ages, and an eventual Warmog's. From that round, I learned a valuable lesson: know when the mid-game starts, or start it yourself.

There's just too many bad randoms on the main servers to justify supporting them. You gotta go out and earn the kills for your team. Don't bother with assisting people. I always got lots of assists (Even kills. You'd be surprised how much Time Bomb hurts.) as Zilean and even managed to revive a few people from dangerous situations, but we still lost.
Also often called Boowells.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: July 11, 2011, 03:27:11 am »

Have you guys considered getting crit chance runes for AD ranged carries like Caitlyn or Ashe?

I have a feeling that Caitlyn with 20% crit chance at level 1 would be far, far more fearsome than regular Caitlyn rune builds. My current rune setup for AD ranged carries has 25 armour pen. But what is 25 armour pen compared to 1/5 chance of 200% damage?

Also, it'll make it a lot funnier when people screaming "LUCKER!"

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: July 11, 2011, 03:40:17 am »

Have you guys considered getting crit chance runes for AD ranged carries like Caitlyn or Ashe?

I have a feeling that Caitlyn with 20% crit chance at level 1 would be far, far more fearsome than regular Caitlyn rune builds. My current rune setup for AD ranged carries has 25 armour pen. But what is 25 armour pen compared to 1/5 chance of 200% damage?

Don't need them on Ashe really, her passive makes up for it.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: July 11, 2011, 04:18:14 am »

Good Alistars are super freaking scary.

Almost as bad as good Singeds. Actually, I think they're kinda tied on that front.

Trifecta of super scary if good: Alistar, Singed, Blitzcrank

I was solo in a lane against an Alistar and a Singed once. It was painful once they hit level 6.

"What's that Lux, you lightbinded us? It's okay we know your cooldowns are a bajillion years long so we're going to come stomp you under your own tower." - Alistar & Singed

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: July 11, 2011, 06:36:41 am »

Well, the fact that 25 armor pen completely negates most other ranged carries' armor early game, it makes for nice, hard hitting physical nukes in lane. Take me as Gangplank vs Veigar; he has around 21 base armor and I have a little more than that in armor pen. Full 200 crits around level 3? Yeah, that's half his health bar, assuming it does crit, but still a quarter of it if it doesn't.

Small amounts of armor early game can still reduce damage by around 20%. More of a damage boost to do that consistently rather than having a chance to do a bit more.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: July 11, 2011, 06:45:36 am »

Oriana is still pretty popular.

She's basically an upgraded version of Lux.

Edit:
I want to get a full set of crit runes for Tryndamere cause he's awesome. You know how much the set costs?

14760ip

Heeeeeerrrrppppppppp.... This will take awhile...

I actually want to lane with her as Lux, I figure it would be rather fun if I build her more AP instead of the CDR I usually do.

Edit: Read 'Orianna' as 'Leona' for some reason. But yeah, definitley want to dual lane Leona/Lux.

Lux uses a skill, applies her passive.
Leona uses a skill, also applies her passive.

Lux autoattacks the poor bastard for about a quarter of their health, or Lasers them for three quarters of it.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: July 11, 2011, 12:50:06 pm »

Tryndamere changes: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=11233050#post11233050
Hey all,

We've got a pretty exciting update coming in for Tryndamere in the next patch. There's some fun content surprises related to it, but I wanted to talk about the mechanics side of this update;

Rage

Ever since Renekton, we've been thinking about the potential of a rage-related system to Tryndamere's Bloodlust. We've utilized the resource system to manage Bloodlust stacks;

* The bar maxes out at 100 Rage

* Each normal hit Tryndamere does to any minion or champion grants 5 Rage

* Crits grant 10 rage

* Killing blows on anything grant double the rage (10 for hits, 20 for crits).

* Bloodlust's bonus is now based on the rage you have (for both the bonus stats and the heal).

Why change this, you may be asking? A few reasons drove this:

* Tryndamere is great in mid and low elo, but really falls off in more competitive play. This is largely due to an early game that's really binary, and how hard it is to do anything if you can't dominate your lane. The rage system evens this out a little bit.

* Bloodlust is hard to understand as the opponent, and watching the buff bar is not as optimal for the user experience. By moving the same mechanics into the resource bar, it's easier to see and communicate, plus generally "cooler"

* It makes sense! Tryndamere is a barbarian that uses rage-themed skills. A Fury meter would be what we would had done if the tech were in the same state when we launched.

We think this is going to be a nice update for Tryndamere, both for players who use him and players who fight him.

EDIT: Not going to respond to any derailing in this thread, such as the obligatory "what about X champion?" This is to talk about the Tryndamere changes :P

As far as I know, it shouldn't. I'll talk to Guinsoo and see if we've made sure to give consideration to the AP build, since it's fun and there's no real reason to remove it.

I just bought my 20% bonus starting crit runes yesterday so this makes me happy~

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: July 11, 2011, 01:59:38 pm »

Nice to see Trynd will get something for non-crits. Early game was so rough as jungle trynd. I string of no crits and I had to pop a pot to kill baby golems.

I've been play Ashe more and more. She is fun. Her ulti is on a short enough cool down that you can take some more risky shots and hope for the best. They've gotten me a few kills/assists. Ashe is one of the few champions I can hold my own mid against an Annie with.

My champion picks go:

AP: Vlad, Karthus, Ryze
AD: WW
Tank: Amumu, Shen, Rammus
Light tank: Cho, Mao
Support: Jana
Ranged DPS: Ashe

Nice 4 game win streak last night. Ranked play I am at 258 wins and 254 losses.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: July 11, 2011, 02:05:51 pm »

I've gotten quite a nice streak of games with Pantheon, regardless of their outcomes and i think i'm getting the hang of this dude, pretty fun to be constantly flying around the place, taking teleport as one of my spells enables me to be pretty much anywhere anytime, sets me up for some very sweet ganks early/mid game.Just have to iron out a few details as far as the item build goes but i have the general idea there.

Now only to figure out if i want to buy Panth or continue saving up for the scorpion guy
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: July 11, 2011, 02:25:34 pm »

Login, solo queue, watch as 3 people instalock as panth, ashe and tristana, and the other guy picks caitlyn. Queue dodge.

ಠ_ಠ
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: July 11, 2011, 02:28:52 pm »

I'm going to blame my recent suckage on being away for a week and a half :P. Oh, and I'll probably make a separate thread for the tourney late tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 1067