Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275936 times)

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Leona, the Radiant Dawn - 1.0.0.121
« Reply #1365 on: July 09, 2011, 09:11:22 pm »

I'd join.  Why 1v1 though?

1. I can't imagine us being able to form more than 2 5v5 teams, just maybe 3, and they probably wouldn't be very balanced (i.e, my team would win because I'm so awesome).

2. Easier to coordinate, you don't need 10 people on all at the same time.

3. You can display more individual skill :P.

We could also do 2v2 on Twisted Treeline, so that everyone has their own lane (or Teemo holds both lanes while you jungle Soraka). Maybe if a lot of people have buddies, but I would rather do ESL style 1v1 on Summoner's Rift, where it's only mid lane + jungle and whoever gets 2 kills or mid tower first wins. Each player gets 2 bans, and take alternating turns picking those bans. Then it's blind pick.

@Tyg, Tryn is a very risk/reward character. He has the ability to absolutely dominate a game, but then again be not effective at all the next. Mostly depends who you're up against and whether you're jungling or not. He's like a Master Yi on steroids (injected into the right arm).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 09:13:58 pm by Yodamaster »

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1366 on: July 09, 2011, 09:18:20 pm »

I'd join.  Why 1v1 though?

1. I can't imagine us being able to form more than 2 5v5 teams, just maybe 3, and they probably wouldn't be very balanced (i.e, my team would win because I'm so awesome).

2. Easier to coordinate, you don't need 10 people on all at the same time.

3. You can display more individual skill :P.

We could also do 2v2 on Twisted Treeline, so that everyone has their own lane (or Teemo holds both lanes while you jungle Soraka). Maybe if a lot of people have buddies, but I would rather do ESL style 1v1 on Summoner's Rift, where it's only mid lane + jungle and whoever gets 2 kills or mid tower first wins. Each player gets 2 bans, and take alternating turns picking those bans. Then it's blind pick.

@Tyg, Tryn is a very risk/reward character. He has the ability to absolutely dominate a game, but then again be not effective at all the next. Mostly depends who you're up against and whether you're jungling or not. He's like a Master Yi on steroids (injected into the right arm).

I don't like 1 vs 1 that much because players that are good with guys like Akali or Jax faceroll the players who play champs like Taric and Alistar. LoL is a team-based game, after all.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: July 09, 2011, 10:58:36 pm »

I just got Warwick.  Still can't jungle to any reasonable degree.  All this buffing and nerfing that goes on means that any route I try either kills me or puts me at serious risk of being ganked.  I finally found one that sort of works, I guess.  Still not sure I'm ready to jungle.  Hrm.
Shoes...

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: July 09, 2011, 10:59:48 pm »

Also, Leona's not out, but you can check out here champion skills, tips, and her story if you head to your summoner profile.

Also, Leona and Pantheon were childhood friends.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 11:17:20 pm by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: July 09, 2011, 11:39:35 pm »

Tryn is a very risk/reward character. He has the ability to absolutely dominate a game, but then again be not effective at all the next. Mostly depends who you're up against and whether you're jungling or not. He's like a Master Yi on steroids (injected into the right arm).

I can definitely see what you're talking about. Some matchups and maps I completely DESTROY the opposition. On others, it's like my giant two handed sword is like a wet noodle.

I used to play Ryze, but there's definitely a lot of complaints that he's cheap, plus I felt like switching to something a bit less squishy.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: July 09, 2011, 11:47:37 pm »

"x champ is cheap" is code for "I'm not good enough to beat x champ and it's easier to whine than improve"

Play Ryze if you want to play Ryze.  Plus, it's not like you can't play them both.  They're two different champs with two different roles, so if someone else has already grabbed that role you can pick the other (From what I've seen, Rule 1 of being a good solo queue player.  Be flexible with champ choices and bend to the champ choices of the other players.  Being obstinate only leads to losses)
Shoes...

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: July 10, 2011, 12:15:57 am »

I'm trying to get good with a few of each type, carries, tanks, support and whatnot. Unfortunately I don't really have a lot of IP because I play infrequently, so I can't buy champs to use. I just can't bring myself to use the free-to-play champs like I'm degrading myself or something.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: July 10, 2011, 01:11:01 am »

I'd be up for a tourney.

I'll have to check out some of the ESL matches.  I suspect 1v1 has a completely different meta from normal play.

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: July 10, 2011, 01:30:06 am »

2v2 would probably be better than 1v1. Maybe even 3v3 if we have the right amount of people. I'll sign up for any though.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: July 10, 2011, 01:33:02 am »

Could we have a pool of people, everyone plays a set amount of games in randomized teams?

Wouldn't be a good judge of personal skill, but LoL is already like that, right?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 01:35:33 am by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: July 10, 2011, 03:40:19 am »

I spent all my IP on Sona because Miku.

I enjoy playing as her.

Apparently, she's easy mode.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: July 10, 2011, 04:38:00 am »

Corki getting nerfed: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=11187090#post11187090
Not trolling. Corki outclasses every non-Ashe carry by a lot. This is one of the most clear imbalances we have amongst character classes. Corki's not popular in mid and low elo though, and so isn't as visible an issue.

Corki does better damage, better burst and has an escape.

Morello on Nasus's Q cap: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=11186944#post11186944
This is a pretty important point of debate; should we leave Nasus alone and leave his Q uncapped, or cap his Q and all for buffs so his best-case/worst case is better? Guardsman Bob says it well on Nasus: "AFK in top, see you guys in 35 minutes."

Maybe this is fun to do for Nasus/Veigar players, but it's holding them back in all other aspects. We can leave it alone, if the community would really prefer, but honestly, I wouldn't do that unless you feel confident that Nasus or Veigar wouldn't really need buffs (though Veigar has other problems).

One challenge in balance is this kind of thing; where we can take an opportunity to improve a character, but in doing so, we remove a bad mechanic that people have gotten attached to. I don't feel strongly about having to do this, but it does give us an opportunity to improve these characters in other ways.

Also, potential Jax buffs. Though considering Riot's promises (where is promised Lee Sin buff?!), it might just be nothing.

I still think Morello doesn't know how to play this game properly.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1378 on: July 10, 2011, 04:44:09 am »

Well I guess I'm in for a tourney game.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: July 10, 2011, 06:51:55 am »

I've played a few games with Pantheon lately, he's quite fun, dies alot but alos gets plenty of kills, sadly i never got past the first three items on him, the other team would always surrender :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 1067