Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1276028 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Contrary to popular belief, squishy melee dps champions require quite a bit of knowledge in the game to play well.

I recommend that you try out tankier champions that don't explode in 1 hit (less risky) and get a good understanding of what each champion can do as well as everyone's damage outputs. Once you get better at predicting how fights will turn out then you'll get a lot better with the squishy melee dpsers again.

For example, when I first started this game my first "main" was Jax and I was so freaking terrible at him. I used to think Jax was only useful when the enemy had very little AP casters. Now that I've got ~1000 games under my belt, I am so much freaking better with him.

-----

Edit: I tried Lane Udyr like everyone was talking about. Yeah, the mana costs now are really, really low (probably doesn't need blue buff any more). He basically sustains forever. And yep, Wriggles procs work on his mana regen / lifesteal.. He's gotten much much better now. When they nerf Warwick, Udyr is probably going to take his place.

I think the main benefit is that lane Udyr has so much opportunity to farm and we all know how scary late game Udyr is.

-----

Lastly, I've been undefeated as Jax ever since I picked him up again. Muhahahahaha! I think it's the same reason why Akali has gotten so much stronger recently. Now that people don't spam tanky DPS in every match, all the super strong burst type champions are becoming really powerful. When I'm guaranteed to lane against an Ashe or Annie or someone else squishy like that.... Jax is ridiculously good.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cthulhu you are putting way too much stock in one or two games at a time. It is hard to be consitantly good or bad with any hero. Any DPS can get rocked if there is some well organized stun on the other team. Any duo combination of Annie, WW, Eve, Blitz, Sion, and pretty much anyone else with a stun can kill a DPS at will.

There are very few heros, at least for me, that always work. I would imagine that most people just report the games they feel good about here.

If you are feeding a couple games in a row, try a beefier hero, take less risks. When the laning phase ends, hug the shit out of who ever has the least deaths. Try to play a game where you die zero times, it will never happen, and you will end up sucking that game, but it is a good way to practice defensive tactics.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

melees need vampiric scepters. one to start with, and another one when going back for the first time. 24% lifesteal lets you stay in lane forever.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Did a bit better in my most recent game against Viegar, getting better at last hitting with Q, but I was against Lanewick :| so no kills there.  Our Yi was a gigantic pussy, backing out whenever a second opponent showed up, leaving people in 1v2 fights.
Shoes...

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

melees need vampiric scepters. one to start with, and another one when going back for the first time. 24% lifesteal lets you stay in lane forever.

24% lifesteal off of what? 80 damage? That's not much per hit. And it won't mean anything in a teamfight.

I'd rather have 1 vamp scepter at most, then build damage, or even just buy a couple of pots and build damage. On ranged DPSes getting 2-3 doran's blades before going to a BF Sword item is usually fine.

And Cthulhu, try jungle WW. You're usually left alone and can enter the lanes to get kills at your leisure.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did a bit better in my most recent game against Viegar, getting better at last hitting with Q, but I was against Lanewick :| so no kills there.  Our Yi was a gigantic pussy, backing out whenever a second opponent showed up, leaving people in 1v2 fights.

They call him the janitor.

Yi is not an initiator, or a great teamfighter, honestly.

He should be popping in at the end of the teamfight to kill two people or so.

Also, lifesteal at level one is extremely weak. If you really want good laning, start off with a regrowth bauble and a ton of pots.
build that into an emblem of valour when you've got some punch to your hits.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yup, Yi's squishy as hell. As is Veigar. If you're getting better at last hitting, try Nasus. He's really just awesome if you can tack on 300 damage to his siphon strike. So long as you keep using that siphon strike, Nasus will continue being useful. Late-game, you can make a Warmog's (although Nasus has a lot of health of his own as well as innate life-steal) and start tanking stuff like a boss.
Also often called Boowells.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Yeah, I have Nasus and play him semi-regularly.  Just went 9-0-15 as him a few minutes ago.  Most of the assists were with a fiddlesticks who got lots of kills and used that drain move to towerdive like a baws

But he also died doing that (like a baws?) several times.  Never really caught on.
Shoes...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Just had a fun Nasus game, even though most of my team was pretty DERP (Ashe was the only one to help with baron, by firing her ult at him) so i pretty much had to carry my team, which i did rather well considering i could farm for the first 20 minutes without any distractions, by the end of the game i had racked up a bit over 400 bonus damage on my Q.The only real problem was that the enemy team had a Rammus, who loved nothing more than to taunt me for silly results.This ofcourse meant that our Soraka and Blitz had to keep him silenced long enough for me to rape the squishies, which worked ok i guess as i pretty much two hit anyone besides that tanky bastard :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just realized how half this thread is pretty much bragging by everyone (myself included  :P) about their experiences, and only half of these are responded to in any way.

That said, keep it going.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

I queued with Toaster and Webadict, and a fair and balanced game ensued.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Poor newbies

Edit: Jarvan, Rumble, Gangplank getting nerfed. Irelia too. Along with the aforementioned Warwick.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Poor newbies

Edit: Jarvan, Rumble, Gangplank getting nerfed. Irelia too. Along with the aforementioned Warwick.

People gots to post they sources so we can see the exact stuff when you mention this. D:
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile

Surrender at 20 mentioned them. Its like the most reliable source apart from riot, they even quote the places were they get the info from. But yea, they're all getting nerfed next patch, if Riot keeps its word. Ashe's cooldowns are also getting a nerf, apparently.

Seems the biggest nerfs are going to rumble, warwick and irelia though.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Sauce:
Alright, I've done some thinking and here's what I've come up with.

I clearly did not handle this well on Twitter, and I apologize for that. As far as the Tweet? I was not upset in the least; she was on my team and I wasn't anywhere near the fight. In fact I did dragon while she basically killed their team. It is difficult to describe the situation in 140 characters or whatever Twitter allows; it was pretty ridiculous. I thought I did a good job of showing that I was not upset but more surprised/sad at the manuever, but clearly I underestimated how much it would be analyzed and I will try to be more careful in the future.

However certain issues do bother me about Irelia which are more core to her kit than numerical in nature. Mostly, the issue boils down to her being a tank assassin carry, which is a role that I do not believe should exist in general. I don't so much feel like she's overpowered, as that she's problematic. Few champions have as robust a kit as she does.

She has greater sustain levels than most champions, between her W passive and R heal.

She has immense resistance to CC, greater than most champions, between her passive and Q.

She has great burst damage between her abilities and Trinity Force (I do believe some of this issue comes from TF being a little too strong most likely, or at least the Sheen proc portion of it).

She has a hard disable on E, though not 100% reliable. The slow is also pretty good though.

None of these are necessarily problematic in and of themselves but in combination you end up with a highly-CC resistant tank with a reliable jump mechanism and high burst damage that can sustain themselves, especially nasty for carries but tough for anyone to do anything about. This is simply a very difficult champion to balance for because of the lack of counterplay on the receiving end, in all phases of the game. Certain issues like ease of farming under a turret make this worse, for sure.

I actually like Irelia quite a bit; she's one of my favorite champions. Fighters/tanky DPS in general are my favorite class to play, so I don't feel like I in particular, nor we as a group, have been biased against them. Here are the changes coming for Irelia:

Bladesurge mana cost changed to 60/65/70/75/80 from 70.

This change is to spread out the mana cost a bit. It doesn't feel good at 1, and it is too cheap at 5. Overall a pretty minor adjustment.

Transcendent Blades damage reduced to 80/120/160 from 85/135/185

People bag on her ultimate for dealing little damage, but it is actually one of the most damaging ultimates in the game. 360-740 base damage by rank, 2.4 bonus AD scaling and 2.0 AP scaling, additively. Yes this is assuming you hit all 4 shots, but it's a super fast missile and it's AoE - it's not particularly tough to hit at least one specific target with all 4 shots. Only Absolute Zero and Death Lotus have this type of large base damage plus scaling, and both are much easier to disrupt. The cooldown on Transcendent Blades is also pretty low as far as ultimates go, and it heals you too.

This change partially is aimed at encouraging her to buy a little more damage gear. Like other tradeoffs for fighter types, we wanted to maintain high scaling with lower base damage to allow for more counterplay against her (if she doesn't get terribly farmed, she'll have to choose more between damage and tankiness) and to allow her to carry hard (with good scaling). It's also just to bring it down to the damage level of comparable ultimates.

I think it's also worth noting that Jarvan, Gangplank, and Rumble are also receiving comparable nerfs (in terms of 'strength'). Hopefully this will both shed more information into what's going on and why we are choosing to make the (not terribly large) adjustment we are.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=11030706#post11030706
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 1067