Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1276092 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Well if you are that close as you say that it's always that extra second or so a pull might be just what you need.It should be standard practice if you have a jungler, so play a bot and ask for a pull.
Or just play a regular game, it doesn't really matter in low level games how good or bad you are, others are usually just as bad or worse X)

(also wtf is with the reply box, it seems to go to the right indefinetly for some reason and i can't scroll to see what i'm writing o.O)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Well if you are that close as you say that it's always that extra second or so a pull might be just what you need.It should be standard practice if you have a jungler, so play a bot and ask for a pull.
Or just play a regular game, it doesn't really matter in low level games how good or bad you are, others are usually just as bad or worse X)

(also wtf is with the reply box, it seems to go to the right indefinetly for some reason and i can't scroll to see what i'm writing o.O)

I'm going to try again later, it seems like using Smite as close to 450 (Since it does 445 at level 1) as possible makes it easier.  But yeah, using cloth lets me do it with a semi-safe margin assuming no one invades, but if I use cloth instead I can't properly counter-jungle and that's Nunu's big strength.  He can run up and eat a wraith or mini-golem and jungle's so XP intensive that can seriously shut down an inexperienced jungler.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

I've been having amazing success with Jax + Soraka lane.

Even did one last night where Kalsirian played Soraka like a boss and I was Jax. Freaking awesome lane and in teamfights we were basically unstoppable. They kept going straight for Soraka though and I couldn't really stop them without a stun...

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Happy Tiamat Tuesday, everyone.

You know why Cait is funny when she stacks Tiamats? Because of her passive. First, get 3 tiamats to get 105% splash dmg.
Now, get your passive up so your next attack deals extra damage.
Hit a minion.

your damage (bit over 300, but for sake of the calculation exactly 300) * 2.5 = 750 splash damage.
Oh, I have 50% crit chance? My crits do 250% damage so 750 * 2.5 = 1875.

1875 dmg with 1 crit to ALL enemies affected by the tiamat's range. How fucking cool is that?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Even did one last night where Kalsirian played Soraka like a boss and I was Jax. Freaking awesome lane and in teamfights we were basically unstoppable. They kept going straight for Soraka though and I couldn't really stop them without a stun...

You should sometime try Soraka/Sona + Jax + stunner, like Sion or prefarably Taric. You 3 go to mid, and top & bot are being handled by someone who can handle them (heimer, nasus, morde...)

Enemies aren't prepared for 3 mid and when you are you wreck them.
someone here posted this idea, not my original idea.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

You should sometime try Soraka/Sona + Jax + stunner, like Sion or prefarably Taric. You 3 go to mid, and top & bot are being handled by someone who can handle them (heimer, nasus, morde...)

Enemies aren't prepared for 3 mid and when you are you wreck them.
someone here posted this idea, not my original idea.
That's a pretty cool idea actually. I'll try that next time!

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile

(Little late on this but)

One really neat tactic I saw work extremely well for Nunu jungle was, sit at the wolves to start with, and when they spawn, eat the big wolf, then immediately walk to blue (Ignoring the smaller wolves).

Then get someone to help you with blue so you stay at full health. Since you ate the wolf you should still be able to get to level 2 from this.

After blue, run into the enemy jungle and fuck shit up instead. When I saw the Nunu do this, the enemy team had a jungle Amumu and he walked in just in time to steal red buff and kill Amumu.
(Obviously he killed a few more jungle minions before actually arriving at red since otherwise he'd just be a slow bitch, but yeah.)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 01:39:07 pm by Lumbajak »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

I found myself quite enjoying Ezrael while he was free, and I'm planning to get him.  I was playing him hybrid- any tips or tricks?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile

LOL I forgot how fun galio is. Silly low health xin zhao and ashe attack top, clear both champs, I show up, IDOL OF DURAND in their faces, double kill.
EDIT: Avoid hybrid ezreal unless you're fed, but don't go full ap either. Go either AD or hybrid if you can afford it. Ezreal is a massively fun champion to play but like most carries his game is messed up if you die alot early.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 03:59:38 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile

Yay!

I updated the list with your suggestions and renamed it. Maybe Yodamaster could put it on the front page?

Here's the link again: https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1Zm_CUhnZ2Ne2ikmhM9yPnH0QO5eo4G6jPjRS5xm5MkM

Going to take apart some entries, then.

Alistar

* Tends to be AP and put out some respectable burst damage while being unkillable
* Either jungles or midlanes, tends to be dangerous in midlane because of infinite heals + WQ harass you can't retaliate against
* Bait his ultimate, then tear him apart once it's down

Anivia

* Lololol Tanky DPS - she is a burst caster, and will build AP
* Don't dive her - she has an egg
* Flash is useful to get over her wall
* Is easily capable of controlling a fight with Storm + Wall
* Before hitting 6, she is very vulnerable after missing Flash Frost, exploit that

Brand
* Pyroclasm, yo! can easily mess two-man ganks up, dealing mad damage from those bounces (like old Ryze), but it deals considerably less damage when going 1v1 without minions nearby
* Pillar of Flame tends to be his main harass, try to avoid
* If you come close, he will slap a Conflagration on you anyway
* Brands tend to combo W or E + Q if they are sure both will hit, if they don't, he is free food

Cassiopeia

* Crazy sustained damage throughout the game. Super high range. Cooldowns tend to never be down, with the exception of stun-ult. Avoid 1v1ing her on fair terms.
* Try to dodge, bait, anticipate the poison. If Cass hits it, prepare for massive pain and gtfo. If you dodged it, you have a little opening.
* Always get boots first trip back, or you are snake food.
* Heals or CC is the only thing that allows you to decently lane against a good Cassiopeia. Heals to outheal her harass, CC to create a threat zone for her.
* AD Carries are usually screwed due to massive range disadvantage (Ezreal and Caitlyn fare better). AP Casters have more chances because of better range and easier access to burst/CC. Cass is squishy, but tends to build tanky sooner or later.
* Kassadin is the only hard counter, and only after level 6.

Lux

* Burst AP caster with crazy high range, tends to be very harassy. Limited by mana and long cooldowns though, meaning her harass is weak but consistent.
* Scales well into lategame (24 second laser)
* Has considerable CC and team bubbles. Can steal any buff she has vision of if you are not careful.
* When running from a Lux, don't run in a straight line. Or else, lazer.

Orianna

* Crazily awesome lane control in midgame. Bring pots.
* Avoid the ball, try to bait it. Moving it has a cooldown.
* AP Carry early to mid game, moves into a supporty role lategame.

Tristana

* Surprisingly bursty early on. Beware.
* Has strong escape mechanisms and can gank pretty well too.

Twisted Fate

* Stupidly good pusher, tends to backdoor a lot
* When ganking, always assume the enemy bunch also includes Twisted Fate
* Surprise attack him, if he doesn't have gold ready it takes a while until he can stun

Udyr

* Lane Udyr, surprisingly enough, works according to pros - go solo top, buy regen and lifesteal, ignore harass as you freefarm
* Still very kiteable

Warwick

* Guy tends to be tanky anyway and lifesteals like a ****, so low priority focus target
* Lanewick is horrifying and will crush your solo top
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I get added to the list? I'm on the North American servers and my username is Slapfish. Feel free to friend me, I'm always up for a game.

Did they switch the free champs this week? I could have sworn I saw Morde, but now Yorick is there.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile

They changed it in the last second. Apparently they want data on the yorick buffs. The patch hasn't arrived yet, soooo.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

I updated the list with Errol's recommendations.

I'm getting a bit irritated with all the piss poor Mordekaisers running around too. Everyone just hears "AP Morde does so much damage OP!" and goes "hurr durr me build AP Morde cause it does so much damage".

Then they die in 1 second after a stun. I mean, you don't build Morde full tank but you don't build him full AP either! If Morde only has a Rabadon, Lich Bane, and Sorc Shoes, he's about as tanky as Veigar.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

I updated the list with Errol's recommendations.

I'm getting a bit irritated with all the piss poor Mordekaisers running around too. Everyone just hears "AP Morde does so much damage OP!" and goes "hurr durr me build AP Morde cause it does so much damage".

Then they die in 1 second after a stun. I mean, you don't build Morde full tank but you don't build him full AP either! If Morde only has a Rabadon, Lich Bane, and Sorc Shoes, he's about as tanky as Veigar.

Well Mordekaiser has his passive and the Cloud o' metal shards, but veigar has his stun so in different cases they-

Oh fuck, I'm being a nitpicker.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 1067