Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1276126 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

From what I'm hearing 2nd hand "A Red got his account stolen" and is posting bad links on the admin channels with stuff like keyloggers and things.

That's all I know about it, I don't really play LoL anymore, but figured I'd help with info.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile

Not so much as a big target, but an easy target. This is probably the 2nd time this happened in the span of a few weeks.

Also, here's some comment sugestions:

Cho'Gath:
The best counter to him is killing him early on. If he manages to get a catalyst he'll sit in lane and you'll never remove him unless he gets massively ganked. Xin Zhao and Irelia's sustainability is nothing compared to cho'gath's, even more after he gets a catalyst. Whoever thought xin zhao, jarvan and irelia real counters to cho gath past the first few levels needs to play against one.

Strong counter-jungle due to in-built smite. Strong at invading.

Also "Casters usually do the most damage mid to late game." Really? Lol
Also, soraka is a CC machine?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 05:58:13 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Also, soraka is a CC machine?

There wasn't anything like that said there.
And the "See Sona" part doesn't add to CC, as Sona isn't a CC machine either.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile

Remember kids, Xin Zhao, Irelia and Jarvan counter EVERYTHING. Also jarvan has some mysterious in-built skill that gives him the same sustainability effect as xin zhao and irelia, oh yes.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of the document makes sense, but there's some things that just seem really off and senseless, like how warwick counters vlad, Xin Zhao, Irelia and Jarvan being valid hard counters to cho'gath, Cassiopeia being a valid counter to lux, etc.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 06:22:28 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I decided to get Nunu as I like the idea of jungling and shit, but fuck it's hard to get used to the timing of Blue Golem.  I think I've quit three or four custom games now trying to get it right.
Shoes...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Play bot games, easy ones, do your own thing while your team messes around with bots.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

I updated the list.

Dakk: I really have to disagree with you. I particularly enjoy fighting Cho Gath as Xin Zhao or Irelia. Cho Gath's sustainability comes from last hitting minions. It's very good sustain definitely but it's very slow over time, but against burst deepsers like Xin Zhao and Irelia... they don't really care. Heck, from level 4 onwards every time they charge they do 400 - 800 damage.

Ask Nilocy. He's a very good Cho Gath and he seriously cannot fight me in a solo lane. Once I reach level 4, Cho Gath is essentially dead. He just doesn't know it yet. I've fought lots and lots of Cho Gaths and never lost. As Xin Zhao or Irelia anyway.

Yeah, once he gets Catalyst he's harder to kill, but prior to that. Irelia and Xin can rape him no problem. Hell, Irelia even has his ultimate in her W passive. It just takes longer (3 autoattacks).

So while I respect your opinion, considering I've played so freaking much tanky dps and have literally not even once lost a lane to Cho Gath, I think you are wrong. If you replaced the words "Cho Gath" with "Swain" or "Mordekaiser" then maybe.

Edit: Yeah, you are literally seeing imaginary words that I didn't write. =| I didn't say anywhere that Soraka or Sona were CC machines.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Play bot games, easy ones, do your own thing while your team messes around with bots.

I want to at least get the rhythm down in custom games first.  I think my level (6) is just too low for Nunu right now without any runes.  It basically comes down to split second timing right now, like I'm just on the cusp of killing it and can't get over the edge.
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile

I updated the list.

Dakk: I really have to disagree with you. I particularly enjoy fighting Cho Gath as Xin Zhao or Irelia. Cho Gath's sustainability comes from last hitting minions. It's very good sustain definitely but it's very slow over time, but against burst deepsers like Xin Zhao and Irelia... they don't really care. Heck, from level 4 onwards every time they charge they do 400 - 800 damage.

Ask Nilocy. He's a very good Cho Gath and he seriously cannot fight me in a solo lane. Once I reach level 4, Cho Gath is essentially dead. He just doesn't know it yet. I've fought lots and lots of Cho Gaths and never lost. As Xin Zhao or Irelia anyway.

Yeah, once he gets Catalyst he's harder to kill, but prior to that. Irelia and Xin can rape him no problem. Hell, Irelia even has his ultimate in her W passive. It just takes longer (3 autoattacks).

Erm, nothing you said here even applies to cho and the champions you mentioned themselves. I only see someone who's decent with a few characters and has been someone else using cho, not a real, mechanics based counter.
Fighting solo lane xin zhao as Cho 1on1: Let them push, last hit at tower. If they dive you before 6, they're dead. If they dive you after have catalyst, they're suicidal.

Any cho'gath that fights xin zhao and irelia out of his tower in a solo lane is not a good basis for this argument. Sorry, I completely disagree.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile

Naa, I feel I should actualy play all the champions more then once, against different people and becoming reasonably good at them before I do.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I absolutely adore Irelia, and I never had much problem with Cho'Gaths either. Although, they typically didn't get catalysts, either. Bladesurge is just way too effective and the moment Cho slams/silences you, you can stun/slow him with an Equilibrium Strike, pop off easily three or more autoattacks of true damage, and forever scare Cho'Gath away. From then on, you can just Bladesurge right to a low-hp minion next to him and he'll runnnnn. Just keep up the harass. If Cho is brave or stupid, hit him with the combo again the next moment he starts going past the river and whip out the flying blades. So long as you get him/stop him from getting stacks on minions, he's no threat.

It might be a bit harder with a Catalyst, though, because then he can just sit back and still regenerate health just from the experience (although technically, you regenerate too, because of W passive).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 06:58:05 pm by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I put that link on the first page. When I come back sometime late this week I'll update the free champion list. Also, what's the controversy going on about hacking or something? I'm seeing a lot of shit on the forums but am kinda disconnected from LoL by being on vacation.

EDIT: Oh damn shit is serious.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 07:11:07 pm by Yodamaster »

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Umi's right.

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New week, new champions to try:

Alistar
Blitzcrank
Caitlyn
Galio
Heimerdinger
Kog'Maw
Mordekaiser
Pantheon
Ryze

I'm leaning towards Caitlyn and Pantheon. We'll see how long that takes.

PS: Could you add me to the EU list: IGN = Wash
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 1067