Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1276125 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

He's become something like Swain or Urgot, very beefy and can wear you down over time if you aren't careful, i kind of like it more like that than before where you simply fired off all you had then had to run, this way you can stick around for a bit, murder people some more :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

I'm sort of disapointed on ryze. He just doesn't seem to do much of anything anymore.. Compared to other casters. His burst damage was cut down by alot.

Thats the thing. Ryze was changed into a magical machinegun, while rest of the dps:es are physical machineguns. (he used to be a shotgun, like most other mages)

Also, he is much tankier than everyone else due to his Q and W scaling with mana. The Rune prison has mediocre/low cooldown with high damage, and overload has very short cooldown with quite high damage. The bouncing ball isn't sadly worth much anymore, just used to get -MR to enemies.

Build him by rushing RoA (tear of goddess at some point), then going by something like Basnhee's Veil and Frozen Heart. Building Tear into either Archangel staff if you want some AP, or Manamune for faster mana gain and better pushing. Though a good Ryze always finishes Tear as the last of those.
Also get boots of CDR if you have no CDR otherwise, or Sorc. if you want damage. For your 4th item get something that you need to stay alive better: Armor, MR, health, depending on enemies.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Stick with Nasus for now, the cheap ones aren't all that fun in my opinion, besides, it's better to try out free champs right now and see what fits you, then either buy them when you have enough IP or find something similar if you dislike a certain aspect.

Also which server are you?

US
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile

Except Swain can pull alot of damage if you stay in his range long enough, and urgot is an early game constant harass machine of doom. The new ryze is weak in the earlygame and only becomes average as the game goes on. He's never really a threat except to squishies. Put him against an average tanky DPS type and they'll ignore most of his damage while dealing actual damage to him.

Last game I pretty much chased a katarina through midlane, past ryze, killed her, then came back, all while being constantly maged on by Ryze. Didn't lose half of my health bar. Sure, I was playing full tank jarvan, but an Annie would've bursted me down pretty badly.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 03:44:18 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile

Nunu and Ashe, both 450, are some of the best champions in the game.

Ashe is a top tier AD carry and Nunu is incredibly effective at jungling and counter jungling at the same time, not to mention his move&attackspeed buff along with millions of slows.

Nothing sucks quite as bad as trying to kill red buff with your smite on two seconds cooldown when Nunu pops up out of a bush, eats it and walks off.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Still haven't lost a game as Kayle yet (7 games in a row) herpaderp.

Kayle OPPPPPPPPP

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Thanks for letting me know though. I honestly can't play every single champion to know everything, so if you know a weakness that a specific champion has. Tell me so I can update the list. We can put it up on the front page and help out new players.

I notice you just have "???" for Morgana, so:

Slow as shit. Needs items or Flash to be certain to get the second tick of her Ult off.
Range on her snare is slightly longer than Lux's, but is more easily dodged due to both being a single target and slower moving.
Harassing her is hard because of her Passive Spellvamp, unless you can harass her completely out of range of the minions.
Generally, her puddle will hurt more early game than her snare. Most Morgs rush it to three so that one just cast can eat a minion wave.
One of the tankiest mages in the game, especially with RoA and Rylais.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Yay!

I updated the list with your suggestions and renamed it. Maybe Yodamaster could put it on the front page?

Here's the link again: https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1Zm_CUhnZ2Ne2ikmhM9yPnH0QO5eo4G6jPjRS5xm5MkM

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Morg's shield is great for slapping on your initiator, especially if they have someone like Annie. It also makes Morg amazing for countering Annie in mid-lane.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Morg's shield is great for slapping on your initiator, especially if they have someone like Annie. It also makes Morg amazing for countering Annie in mid-lane.

Not to forget, always put the black shield on fully stacked Cho'gath at lvl 16 and above.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile

Lol Riot just got hacked. Hard.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ugh... why is Riot such a big target? It's a pain that they keep getting hit.

Edit: I guess that may be a naive question... I just like to live in a world where hackers hack for some decent reason. :P

On a different note, Vlad's been fun to play around with this week. I can see how he can get powerful, but I'm definitely not the person to make him powerful.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 05:44:46 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Yay!

I updated the list with your suggestions and renamed it. Maybe Yodamaster could put it on the front page?

Here's the link again: https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1Zm_CUhnZ2Ne2ikmhM9yPnH0QO5eo4G6jPjRS5xm5MkM

I have some info on countering some champs. Add these to your list if you wish.

Gragas
  • Gragas'  Barrel Roll, Explosive Cask and Body Slam all require some sort of aiming. Moving around and dodging his barrels often works if you are dueling him.
  • When Gragas has Drunken Rage activated, he reduces incoming damage by a large amount. Harass him when he isn't drunk.
  • Gragas can harass very effectively. At long range he can lob barrels which deal large damage, and at close range Body Slam + Autoattack combo hurts a lot. Avoid close contact.
  • Gragas is an excellent escapists in the jungle, as Body Slam has a low cooldown and using abilities heals 2% of his max. health. Don't bother trying to catch him unless you are better chaser.

My favorite mage is Malzahar, and so not only I can play him quite well, but I also can counter one. Also, remove the Cleanse from the list, it does nothing against Malza.
Malzahar
  • Malzahar is an excellent pusher, as all of his basic abilities clear minion waves quickly. Ask help from junglers to prevent him from pushing your tower too much.
  • Call of the Void sends 2 different waves, which means the other wave can pop spellshields and the other one deal damage + silence. Both waves deal large amount of damage, so try not get hit by them.
    As the waves come from your sides, strafing doesn't work. Often Malzahar expects you to back out as well, so he places the wall slightly behind you. Often you can lunge towards Malzahar to dodge the waves.
  • If you have a strong-health shield (Morgana, Sion, Janna, etc.), a spell-blocking shield (Sivir, Nocturne, Bnashee's Veil, etc.) or a strong heal, you may "consume" a Malefic Vision to cause them not to bounce to minions which would refil him more mana. Don't do this if the visions outdamage your heal/shield, though.
  • Null Zone --> Nether Grasp is a very powerful combo which will deal large amount of damage. Be prepared, as he often flashes in, does the Null Zone + Nethergrasp combo, and after that Malefic Visions + Ignite + Call of the Void.
  • Don't underestimate his voidlings. They deal lots of damage due to their high attack speed, and are very durable.
  • Malefic visions bounce to the closest unit, which means they can also bounce to units such as Teemo's Shrooms or Shaco's JitB:s. Use these to nullify his visions and prevent him from gaining mana/minions kills.
    Visions used to bounce onto wards as well, but after a recent update this is not confirmed. If it still works, this counters the visions very well.

Kassadin
  • Towerdiving might be risky if Kassadin has Riftwalk up. He may silence you and then riftwalk away, and then back towards the tower, causing you to foolishly chase him around while the tower beats you up. Be sure you can stop Kassadin via heavy CC or gap-closing abilities to prevent useless deaths.

Nocturne
  • Nocturne deals almost full physical damage, which means all sources of armor mitigate his damage a lot.
  • Nocturne may often lure you into using abilities which he absorbs with his spellshield. If he activates it, wait until it expires, then use your spells.

Urgot
  • Hyper-Kinetic Position Reverser is Urgot's most fearful ability. If he has you outnumbered (A jungler is assisting him) do NOT go near him, as it will msot likely get you killed, very, very quickly.
  • If Urgot is accompanied by champions with heavy CC, you most likely are going to get soaked by acid.
  • None of Urgot's abilities deal magic damage. Getting armor is very recommended if you are against him.

Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lol Riot just got hacked. Hard.
Hmm, any links or explanations? The LoL page isn't giving me anything.

Oh huh, found a thread about it.

Guess some sad little hackers ran into a Teemo mushroom at low health too many times.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 05:48:16 pm by LASD »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I was wondering about that.  Gonna change my password.

Someone's putting out alerts asking people to go to a "free riot points" site, which is keylogging people.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 1067