Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1276121 times)

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile

Rocked some bots again today.

I still don't feel like going PvP.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile

I dont get why people dont wanna do PVP. It seriously isnt all that different from bots, hell, the enemies usually suck more than the bots too.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not umi, but I dont find Kayle that huge of a mana consumer. True, early game she has horrible mana issues, but that's what the ring and pots are for. Late game she can spam all her abilities all she wants and still come out of fights with enough mana for another round.

Yeah, I played a round mirroring Umiman's build a bit more closely. I actually ended up taking a what's-it-called-basic-20+ AP-item. Amplification tome or something or other and a mana potion. One mistake I was making before was going for Reckoning/Blessing over the ranged attack, which is crazy useful in the early phases and for some reason costs less mana than either Reckoning OR Divine Blessing, which is odd, because Divine Blessing is an absolutely terrible heal spell (Although many people still expect me to play like a Soraka for them...), so I can only assume the extra mana cost is for the movement speed buff.

Oh, and I pretty much bought no mana-regen items and just bought mana potions for the entire game. It worked quite well, actually...
Also often called Boowells.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Umiman, I take issue with your assertion that Udyr requires blue buff.  I commonly use a Phoenix (form) non-golem start.  It is safer and with a proper use of skills after level four (which gets you your second level in turtle form) you won't be short on mana for the average creep camp or gank.  The only time you'll see blue become necessary is early dragon and perhaps in a situation where going into turtle form to get a few hits isn't possible.

In case you were wondering if my build caused this, no.  My build is wriggles lantern -> mercury's treads -> madred's bloodrazor -> FoN or Banshees depending on the situation -> Randuin's Omen -> Black Cleaver or, if more tank is required FoN or Bansee's Veil.  As u can see nothing is really there to help with mana problems so I can only assume any skilled Udyr will have few mana issues as I experience very few myself.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 04:37:24 am by V-Norrec »

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Kayle is great, her Q + E combo is just ridiculous now, lower mana cost, increased base damage means shes beastly early on. And as a 'melee' character she has some decent armour + MR base stats.

Also speed up and slow down... and invuln...

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Quote from: Lol Wiki on Rally
Rally is a summoner spell that allows you to place a ward that increases attack damage by 10-35 for 15 seconds. This bonus applies to minions and pets additionally rally effects stack with one another.

5 x 35 = 175 attack damage to all units near them.

Mass push, anyone?

In other news, I played a game with no tanks. It was a long game, and we won (partly because enemy Sion left.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My build went from Critrynd (Phantom Dancer, Ghostblade, Inf. Edge, Starks, Boots o' Swiftness + Guinsoo) to this.
I soloed baron twice, once with Kog's Help and once with whole team's help. Pushed/jungled early game, farmed mid game, tanked late.

EDIT: Did you guys know, that Tryndamere's Spinning Slash always adds 2 stacks to Guinsoo instead of 1?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:06:23 am by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Knirisk: Yeah, normal Kayle tends to have pretty severe mana issues. I work around this by having full mana regen / 5 yellows and blues in my runes. I also start with the Doran's Ring and those combined give me almost all the mana I need. Failing that, I just buy one mana pot every time I go back. And Rex Nex is right in that late game Kayle doesn't have mana issues.

As for Gunblade. Dunno. Personal preference really. I like the health regen that comes from it and the slow. I always found Rageblade to be kinda dumb without the AD from something else.

I've played 4 games as Kayle so far and though I've won all, I've never built past Rageblade. If I ever had the chance to complete my build, it would probably be something like Gunblade > Boots > Rageblade > Rabadon > Nashor's > Bloodthirster. No defensive items because super invulnerability shield!

V-Norrec: I haven't played jungle Udyr (they changed his mana consumption quite dramatically if I recall) or seen him since the buff so I didn't change it yet. I haven't put Yorick there for the same reason.

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just go the really easy way with Kayle.

Manamune -> Archangel's -> Guinsoo's -> GunBlade -> Most likely guardian Angel.

Maybe not the best way, but it works for me.  :)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

V-Norrec: I haven't played jungle Udyr (they changed his mana consumption quite dramatically if I recall) or seen him since the buff so I didn't change it yet. I haven't put Yorick there for the same reason.

Just letting you know.  I've been known to give blue buff to mana hungry mids though if they ask for it.  Then I just steal the enemy blue buff. :P

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Thanks for letting me know though. I honestly can't play every single champion to know everything, so if you know a weakness that a specific champion has. Tell me so I can update the list. We can put it up on the front page and help out new players.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Udyrs biggest weakness is counter junglers, he'll either end up feeding your team lots of kills or under-leveled as you steal his jungle.  Hopefully this forces him into lane for XP where he is easy pickings.  Also don't attempt to solo him unless you have a super escape like LeBlanc with her double flash, Tristana's rocket jump or Vayne's stealth tumble.  Udyr is deceptively strong in a straight up 1v1 after his FoN/Bansee's.

I don't remember what you said about Poppy, but the best way to defeat her is to deny her kills.  Poppy has terrible farm and unless she gets a couple early kills she is going to be behind forever.  With lane Poppy it is as easy as playing defensively and staying away from any walls, with a roaming Poppy it is well worth the sight ward to keep her under fed and save yourself a gank.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:17:02 pm by V-Norrec »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Finally got over my fear of other players by wrecking some shit in solo queue.

I've almost got enough for a 450IP champ (Already bought Nasus with IP).  Any suggestions?
Shoes...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Stick with Nasus for now, the cheap ones aren't all that fun in my opinion, besides, it's better to try out free champs right now and see what fits you, then either buy them when you have enough IP or find something similar if you dislike a certain aspect.

Also which server are you?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally got over my fear of other players by wrecking some shit in solo queue.

I've almost got enough for a 450IP champ (Already bought Nasus with IP).  Any suggestions?

Ashe is a pretty decent 450IP  Ryze is good too.  Kayle got buffed recently so she's pretty good.  Master Yi is also a good choice in the 450 category I believe.  It all really depends on what you're looking for.

Personally, I'd get either Ryze or Kayle in order to try out a different type of character.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile

I'm sort of disapointed on ryze. He just doesn't seem to do much of anything anymore.. Compared to other casters. His burst damage was cut down by alot.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 1067