Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1276239 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

There is an interesting complaint rising up on the EU LoL forums about the split. Why did Riot do the split pretty much along the Iron Curtain? It only causes negative associations and automatically makes people favor the West. They could've just named the servers EU #1 and EU #2 without splitting them geographically and they would've avoided another PR disaster.

I made this joke like the second the annoucement came out about the server split. But I agree, EU 1 and 2 would be better.

Sinned

• Bay Watcher
  • <Intentionally left blank>
    • View Profile

This eu split thing better be bloody good. I haven't been able to login into my EU account since it started.

I got like most champs unlocked and a butt load of skins... but they are worthless to me if I can't actually play them. Last few days if I got the chance I ended up playing on US smurf account as I can instantly log on and play with a still decent ping.

/Argh... Wish they would just merge US-EU.. then again, fair is fair, not everyone has a decent ping to start with.

Can I beg some of you post replays for Singed, I love to play him... but I don't do it very well still.
When you find yourself in the company of a dwarf and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon... just the dwarf.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, would someone post a Singed replay? I like him but every time I play him I feel like I'm missing something.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn EU servers, if they were working properly I would rush this minute to record some Singed solo top action.

Wait, isn't he free this week? I'll try on the US.

EDIT: Here's a thing, we did a 1v1 with umiman. No runes or masteries on either one, but it should show pretty well how to solo lane Singed.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 03:34:09 pm by LASD »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Yeah, would someone post a Singed replay? I like him but every time I play him I feel like I'm missing something.

The right way to play Singed is the wrong way to play everyone else.
See three/four of the enemy team, a squishy one at half health, and your entire team is the other side of the map/fleeing? Chase that bitch down , escape, have the rest follow* you long enough for your team to get that and mop up.

*If they don't chase, then you definitely don't die, and you got a kill. Whoop.

But, sure, why not. None from the last few days, because of repeated graphics driver crashes messing up LoLreplay, but here's some me being a dick (Also an awesome random-pub-Shen): http://www.mediafire.com/?8u39g7wvayf3bed

EDIT: Should note that that isn't anything like how I usually build Singed. It was a special case where I got very few pure-tanky items because we had a few tanky People, with Shen going pure tanky and Chogath being Chogath. The way I play, running around flinging people into being killed and generally being a crazy arsehole, is the same though.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 03:46:43 pm by Akigagak »
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the replays. Looks like I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing for the most part, just little tweaks here and there.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Sinned

• Bay Watcher
  • <Intentionally left blank>
    • View Profile

Indeed thanks for the replay, please keep em coming ;)

I'm a sucker for watching replays / matches it seems... Share please :)
When you find yourself in the company of a dwarf and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon... just the dwarf.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Have some more, then.

First is the second half of a Singed game that started really poorly (Disconnected due to Graphics shit, so a couple of icons and things are bugged in the playback). Our Kat was a bitch, and our Kayle was a bit dumb, and generally everyone was playing pretty badly. This is more how I usually build/play Singed, albeit with a few fewer stupid deaths. But that's usually because I usually play with 4-5 other people, and they know what my job is, so generally are there to do theirs.

Second is a Galio game which was a pretty big faceroll. Less showing of how to play Galio, and more about how not to play against one.  ;)
The ending is pretty sweet, though. And eyeblasts hurt, as you'll see during the early game. Avoid those.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

We did a practice run of suicide TF (Secret Plan #4).

With the gold on death changes, suicide TF is only worth 15g after a few deaths. This value doesn't change with assists, only kills.

The plan was then to just push push push push push without regard to your own team or your safety. Death is irrelevant. We managed to have the rest of the team holding off the enemy as best as they could while suicide TF split pushed endlessly, leading to victory. Here's what I expect to be the psychological effect of suicide TF:

(first blood) What the crap is with this TF?
(3 deaths) Lolol this TF so bad free win.
(12 deaths) They pushed three towers. Oh well, we have 20 more kills than them!
(18 deaths) Jesus christ they don't stop split pushing.
(23 deaths) Don't chase that TF, he's not worth anything omg.
(30 deaths) What the bloody crap we have over 30 kills more than them how can we lose?!

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Umiman, that is hilarious and excellent. Revive is cool now!
Also often called Boowells.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok can some explain how come Annie seems so OP... She has a Stun that can take off half of nearly everyone's Health, a AOE Burst that deals over half someones health and a summon of a Monster that has crazy attackspeed...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

1 attack per second is hardly crazy attack speed. All of Tibber's damage comes from his AOE (he's a walking sunfire cape). And her stun works after 5 spell casts. It does not remove half your health...

Annie's weakness is simple. Anyone she can't rape with her full combo will smash her to pieces. Thus, if you see Annie, the best person to fight her is your hard tank. Cho Gath, Malphite, Rammus, etc. all work for this purpose as she will do considerably less damage to them. Sufficiently fed, tanky dps like Irelia, Xin Zhao, Renekton or Jarvan will crush her face. Garen excels at raping little girls too.

Furthermore, when laning you need to click on her and watch her passive counter. If it's at 3 or 4, don't attack her or you will die. Anything less and you're fine. In fact, if it's less than 3, feel free to crush her to little itty bitty pieces as you will have no problems doing so.

Lastly, if all else fails, just ask someone to silence or stun her. I guarantee you you can kill Annie in the 2 seconds she's disabled.

If you play a squishy character she will turn you into swiss cheese. Just like any other mage.

---

Now, the question is why a super durable character like Rumble has even more damage and CC in his ultimate than Annie.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile

Ok can some explain how come Annie seems so OP... She has a Stun that can take off half of nearly everyone's Health, a AOE Burst that deals over half someones health and a summon of a Monster that has crazy attackspeed...

Well, her Stun is actually her passive, but the AoE spells such as Tibbers and the Flamethrower are the best uses for it. Also, Tibbers got a big buff recently.

But yes, a moderately fed/farmed Annie is a terrifying thing.

Deal with her by getting a Banshees, so she can't keep her stun ready all of the time to drop on you first chance she gets, and massively lowering her burst.

Also, this is general thing for all champs. Build defenses to combat their strongest players. The amount of times I've seen a carry complaining about the OPness of a X enemy champ because X keeps killing them, when they have no items at all that would reduce X's damage.

Or even, any health items.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Now, the question is why a super durable character like Rumble has even more damage and CC in his ultimate than Annie.

Well, simple question of balancing it out. Really super uber ult that can litterally turn any team fight in your favoute = 1 point.
Really fucking annoying sounding champion = -1 point
Total is 0.

Rumble is perfectly balanced.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile

The problem with rumble isn't the fact he does damage while being very durable, its the fact that he can continuously spam his abilities with no consequences, he even benefits out of it depending on the situation.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 1067