Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1276310 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Someone once talked about a WW that starts with boots instead of cloth armor (i think it was Dakk), anyways i tried it again today with my very incomplete runes, i start golem and i nearly die but i kill the bastard, then i get to the wolf camp and i realize that something is wrong, i still have my smite ready XD

Anyays i had some trouble remembering the general build so i took out my chasewick who specializes in jumping in, pulling out before his fur gets torn apart then running back in to pick apart the stragglers, worked out nicely i guess (well against bots anyway XD).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, continuing with playing Kassadin, I figure out what I'm doing wrong. Instead of rushing for my Tear right away, I'm rushing for a Catalyst(I think it's called?) and a Rod of Ages, which reduces his squishiness immensely. Once that's done, he's a pretty potent nuke with some other upgrades. He doesn't do nearly as much damage as, say, Veigar, or even Ryze, but he can jump in and assassinate a low-health character in addition to generally doing large amounts of damage with Force Pulse. Once he gets those first few assassinations, he starts snowballing.

He just needs some early-on survivability that he sorely lacks and which the Catalyst provides.
Although, so far I've only REALLY been tested against bots, but players use the jungle a lot more than the bots do, so I also imagine that he would need the use of wards to avoid getting terribly terribly murdered.
Also often called Boowells.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Dakk was the one saying WW is a poor champion.

I'm the one who was talking about the boots start. I switched to longsword now and a different mastery / rune setup for under 4 minute clear time.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Y'all insane people look the same to  me :P

I once tried with a sword but i kept dying to the damn golem, probably didn't have them runes for armor and whatnot, might try it again now.
AS - IG

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile

I said lanewick is a poor choice, not that WW is a poor champion, altough I'd rather have nunu/trundle then warwick :P

Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Did another game, this time the enemy team had a jungling Nunu, at first i was afraid, i was petrified, then i saw him invade my jungle, chased him off with some help from Malph (who only needed some 20 pings to realize that i want him there).He did take my golems that time, so i did another lap around to get a level, only wolves were up so i go there only to catch the poor bastard trying to kill them, and while both i and the wolves murder him he merrily tears at the big red one, after he kills it he tires to run, he doesn't get very far.Then there was their Kog who kept falling for the same old trick where our Nunu would back off a bit he would close in to farm and get deep frozen and chomped down faster than you can say frozen voidlings on a stick.
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Sounds good. Warwick is great for his versatility!

I use this build now if you're interested: http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=1562

I think it's the best route so far that I know. I still use standard cloth armour + ward + 2 pot when I counterjungle, but the sword one is super fast I find.

Speaking of which, my meaningless elo rating is 1400 now. Yay~ Only played like 11 games though. The recent one we were fighting an extreme we-want-to-win teamcomp. It was:

1. Vlad
2. Galio
3. Fiddle
4. Alistar
5. Ashe

I think if they had played better, they would have crushed us easily. I mean, look at that team comp! If either Galio or Alistar managed to get into our team, we'd have lost for sure. It happened a few times too. Both times our Blitzcrank pulled Alistar into all of us (-.-) which was followed by extreme rape. But after that we managed to split them up and crush them for the last two teamfights and took the game.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

My friend got his 777th victory in normal games lately, and after that he won 6 ranked games.

ES DIS MAGIC?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

any tips for how to play pantheon?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Level Q first, since 3 second CD spear is a cool thing.

Harassing: stun enemy, hit once (or if stun is long enough, twice), retreat if they don't escape: if the target escapes, hit one more time. After this, throw spear and back out.

Alternatively, just chuck a spear. Works well too.

Last hit, if you don't have range, use Q to last hit. Get 1 point to E for Certain Death, but then ignore the skill.

Skilling order: Mandrop > Spear Toss > Shield Stun > HSS

get meki pendant first, upgrade into manamune/chalice (i prefer chalice)
Push often, and farm. Backdoor.

On the other news: An AD TF fails at CS against the AP TF, and apparently minions can dodge my fucking cards.
yes, dodge.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile

Jaxminions laugh at your flying cardboard.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Don't. I think should be the first answer.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Just had a funny game, the enemy team had two very cheerfull trolly feeders (ali and teemo) who were decent early game but somewhere something went wrong, probably with their vlad starting the game with sapphire, building a RoA and later getting parts for what seemed like lichbane or something.

But the most awesome moment by far was sometimes midgame when i was backing after a big fight/push whatever.So i teleported back into my base from a bush in their jungle, when suddenly i hear the blood scent sound (i was WW) then half a second later their ali slams into me and knocks me up before being evaporated by the spawn turret, at first i had no idea what the fuck just happened but after i took a moment to collect myself after the inital shock it was probably one of the funniest things to happen to me in this game X)
AS - IG

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

This is getting really ridiculous.

First of, we have a Gangplank, Nocturne, Anivia and Renekton in the lobby. Last pick, few seconds left, the remaining player chooses Ashe and instalocks. No time to switch from GP anymore, gotta do Tankplank apparently...

Game is on, and Nocturne heads top solo even though Renekton called it in the lobby after I said I'll jungle. Nocturne even proceeds to insist that "he was the first to reserve top, he even did it in the lobby!" And so he refuses to leave top, and feeds against ganking jungle Xin.

After I killed golem, maybe 2 or 3 minutes, Anivia asks "CAN I HAVE BLUE PLZ GP I NEED IT" and I say that I get OOM quite quickly as well, so I said I'm gonna keep it. She gets mad at me. I have no mana-generating or manapool-increasing tools, she has Tear of goddess and catalyst. And boy, GP's basic mana pool isn't that big.

Upon blue spawning second time, I kill it. Anivia saw me get it, and she now flips out, yet again speaking in allcaps, in allchat that GP IS NOOB DOESNT GIVE BLUE TO ME. I tell her to go get it if she wants it.

Third time golem spawns, I get there a moment before anivia. she tries to steal it, but because I'm a smart jungler I roll with Smite. Anivia now finally goes batshit insane, yelling in allcaps, threatening to report me, and asks the other team to report me as well. Nocturne joins her, as me and Renektn weren't happy when he refused to leave top, Noct naturally is against me.

The three later golems same thing. Anivia first tries to steal but fails, second time she pings herself and golem in a real bad fashion declaring that it belongs to her, and then she kills it. She tries to taunt me by "LOL GP NOOB FAIL SMITE STEAL" when I didn't even try to steal it, as the game was pretty much done with Xin fed to legendary. Third golem Nocturne steals it, both him and Anivia taunting me. Nocturne dies to Xin Zhao about 20 seconds later.

Ashe joined those 2 at some point as well, which meant 3 guys reporting me for whatever the fuck they reported me for, trolling, "stealing" buffs, trolling, being a bad player, or trolling?

But I'm glad Renekton was on my side, and the opposing team was also kinda on my side, as they had no proof of me trolling they said they can't report me. Enemy Ashe even reported our Anivia, which I appreciate.

So I guess I'll have to see how many games it takes to see something similar again. Bets? I bet 2 games.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Dunno, I stopped playing solo queue for awhile now for that kinda reason.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 1067