Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275622 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Balance Patch + Dat Clock
« Reply #345 on: May 28, 2011, 09:18:15 pm »

That's some top tier commenting right there.

By the way, you know... you have to wonder. For us players that tend to do well almost every game, how much of our success is attributable to farming and items?

Because I noticed that almost all my games, even in those I end up losing, I have good K/D ratios. Which always makes me wonder if I should have bought a stacking item. Almost makes me want to experiment with buying a stacking item every game just to see whether I do better or worse.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 28, 2011, 09:21:07 pm »

I only have terrible KDR when I play champs which Im' genuinely not good with. However the only champ I play that stacks kill after kill is twitch, all other champions I play lean more towards tanking and supporting, so I never build any stacking item.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 28, 2011, 09:23:00 pm »

I buy a Mejais on every game as Mordekaiser. No exception.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #348 on: May 28, 2011, 09:42:33 pm »

Though it doesn't look it from the scoreboard, we had a really hard laning phase. Lee Sin was really good and has a riddiculus score at the end of laning (7/0/2 or something) having fed off of our Veigar/Ashe bottom lane with the assistance of Blitz.

However, after a few good picks, some good coordination, and great teamfight wins, we pulled back and got way ahead in towers and dragons and just ended up snowballing on them hard.

Also, I got kinda fed as Annie. :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pretty awesome game all around.

Almost makes me want to experiment with buying a stacking item every game just to see whether I do better or worse.

Don't. It will come out badly. It makes your games become a diceroll, and doesn't guarentee victory. It often means that all the enemy team has to do to take back the lead is to kill you and destroy your stacks.

Had a stacking AP Shaco earlier. He was 9/0/0 at the end of laning phase.

Then we caught and focused him and he became irrelevant and we won the game.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 29, 2011, 12:35:31 am »

BAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

Lanewick has been in FIVE games in the Dreamhack US qualifiers so far. Man, such a huge change from "OMG Y WARWICK SOLO LANE WTF?" Lanewick is made of super awesome. Especially against Vlad. I would say Warwick 100% counters Vlad in lane.

Edit: US's teams for the world championships are led by a pair of brothers. Epik Gamer led by Dan Dinh. Team Solo Mid by Reginald Dinh. Congrats to them after all the US LoL teams played for FIFTEEN HOURS STRAIGHT. Riot really, really need to get their schedules straight because why the freaking heck would you make every team do all the qualifying matches in ONE DAY?!

Edit edit: EG is now confirmed, after nearly a whole freaking day of nonstop LoL fighting, best US team. This is super ironic, as they were considered the worst team in the lineup and Riot was actually worried they would throw their matches because they didn't stand a chance. Every single other team underestimated them heavily and every single other team got raped by the underdogs.

P.s: Garen carried the very last game.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 29, 2011, 08:52:55 am »

league of legends is just so frustrating lately.

I pwn noobies and get my ass whooped by better players.

I want to get ahead but now I'm literally just switching randomly from character to character.

It doesn't help that I'm enraged in games half the time nowadays.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 29, 2011, 12:03:43 pm »

I need to get a jungler going. I have both udyr and olaf, and can jungle pretty well as them, but I sort of suck as both champions (except tankdyr, which I'm ok as) I was thinking of doing trundle or jungle Cho'Gath (which is much better then it sounds, due to being super strong at invading since he basicaly has 2 smites by level 6 and heals off dead minions).

I also should really start playing a carry that isn't twitch, because too often I play a support/tank/tanky DPS champion, do well, but then end up losing because no matter how well my score is or how much I've farmed, the carries have failed badly in the early-midgame and end up doing nothing. The fact that 4/5 of every LoL player ever picks carry types on champ select doesn't help. Also, Twitch only works as a carry because most people don't expect the TWITCH INQUISITION to show up behind them and shoot their healthbar down in a few seconds, if his team doesn't know how to teamfight with him then he's pretty much useless unless he catches stragglers.

Also, the fact that I find most carries to be boring as hell to play doesn't help.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 12:05:52 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 29, 2011, 12:28:05 pm »

Also, I tend to find my KDR varying violently, depending on the role I play in matches. Since I'm usually support, it doesn't often look good. Otherwise, like yesterday, I'll play Jungledyr and get a horrible KDR because people don't get active with ganks and/or I'm somehow the initiator and get my kills stolen. Fun times, eh?
The way to prevent that is to stop staring at KDR and start staring at A+KDR. Personally I throw both kills and assist into the same stack of "amount of people I dealt some damage to and who died". Never really been into last hitting a lot of people, I dont actually look at my stats that much though, cept for creep kills.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 29, 2011, 12:39:50 pm »

people dont know.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 29, 2011, 12:45:19 pm »

I've been stuck in that kind of champ limbo myself, can't really decide on one guy i like so i play a crapton of them, recently WW, even tho my runes are horribly incomplete (i have five i think) i do ok some of the time and great very rarely since really i rely to much on teammates to help with ganks, but when they do it's all the much sweeter.

And i think i'm mostly waiting for that damn monkey king, i think the first champ ever that i will buy on release :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 29, 2011, 12:47:57 pm »

Lol @Tribunal

He constantly talked in [all] and annoyed the crap ou of me. He also said some very racist comments that injured my Judeo-African-American culture (no joke, I'm Jewish and African-American, well not black, but South African counts)

Anyway, yea, if you're playing a tank or a support, its assists that count.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 29, 2011, 01:37:08 pm »

Thats why I generally base my decisions on the person's attitute through several games. Like, if the guy is intentionally feeding or leaving games repeately, I hit the punish button without thinking twice. If he's just being overall annoying, I check several games and only punish if he's being lame all the time instead of occasionally raging. I also take into account the number of people reporting.
I've punished people that had good scores but were annoying everyone, and I've pardoned a guy that had bad scores but genuinely seemed to not be failing intentionaly.

But yea, the Tribunal should really bring out more info on people.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 01:39:50 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 29, 2011, 02:02:17 pm »

Just played quite a boss game with Cho, my team was consisted entirely of squishies while they were pretty much the same except for Urgot and Poppy.It was close quite a number of times but we came out on top, mostly thanks to me and machinegun armed Ashe.I went without deaths for almost half the game, then they started focusing me once they realized how dangerous a Cho with a bit of AP can be, i also farmed like crazy, almost reaching 400 creeps i think.In the end i sold my AS to buy RD, had around 500 AP with baron ^^
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 29, 2011, 02:27:47 pm »

Or maybe you became so big they couldn't help but focus mr om nom nom, : P.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 29, 2011, 03:08:13 pm »

Go away Cho, I'm trying to right click the squishy behind you. Go awaaaaayyyy.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 1067