Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275534 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Balance Patch + Dat Clock
« Reply #300 on: May 24, 2011, 07:16:03 pm »

By the way, when I first started playing this game I used to laugh at people stacking Dorans items. E.g: 3 Dorans blades on Ashe.

Now, the more I use it, the more I realize just how amazing it is to get three rings or blades on squishy characters. On Soraka / Janna I occassionally stack rings. On Ashe I almost always stack blades unless I can buy a BF sword straight out. I'm not sure why I just find it so much better. And I know it works too because as Ashe, I keep exiting teamfights with about 100hp or so, which clearly shows that the extra hp, damage and lifesteal saved my life. If I had saved up for a BF Sword or bought a Pickaxe, I would have died for sure.

So now my ranged dps carry builds are usually:

Boots + 3 health pot -> 3x Doran's Blade -> BF Sword -> IE

Not to mention I ALWAYS. ALWAYS. Take flash + ghost on ranged carries. Positioning is just way too important on a character that dies in one sneeze.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 24, 2011, 08:37:35 pm »

I just started playing about a month ago... I love the game but man some days are brutal, loss after loss because of incompetent teammates or leavers.

My last game drug on for an hour and a half. My teammates for the most part were completely unable to work together. Usually it would go something like this: Amumu wanders off into the jungle by himself, while Master Yi is trying to push a lane by himself. Caitlyn, meanwhile, decides to heroically charge into their base - often Vayne would follow in vain, not wanting poor Caitlyn to die alone. All the while I'm trying to tell them to group up and all I get for feedback is "Shut it Lux". They died over, and over and over...  The other team had 99 kills. We had all their Nexus turrets down by the hour mark, and thirty minutes later we lost because of lousy teamwork. Ugh.  I went 22/04/28 with Lux, the next lowest in deaths on our team was 13 with Amumu, but that was only because in team fights he'd either be in the jungle or at the fountain trying to figure out what to buy.

Does it get better when you hit level 30? :(

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 24, 2011, 08:46:42 pm »

Play Games with People you know (Us) over Skype.

We're (Usually) Competent enough not To Suicide (And With Skype, the Desperate Yelling to go Back is so much Quicker!) and even if we all suck, playing Games over Voice chat is a Lot more Fun.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 24, 2011, 08:55:53 pm »

Actually that does sound like a lot more fun! You probably end up with a lot better team set ups that way too.

I'm on the North American servers as Slapfish if any of you wants to play sometime. I'm still learning the game, so I'm by no means awesome. Skype would definitely help with all those teamwork nightmares I've been having!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 24, 2011, 09:54:05 pm »

Yes, always try to play with friends. If you really want to play it solo, you must always keep it in mind that it's gambling. Sometimes you will have awesome teammates, most of the time you will have retarded teammates. It's not possible for people of our skill level to drastically affect the outcome of games anyway so random games are essentially that. Random.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #305 on: May 24, 2011, 10:38:18 pm »

Actually that does sound like a lot more fun! You probably end up with a lot better team set ups that way too.

I'm on the North American servers as Slapfish if any of you wants to play sometime. I'm still learning the game, so I'm by no means awesome. Skype would definitely help with all those teamwork nightmares I've been having!

Feel free to add me. I am "The Volatar". Grab Teamspeak 3 and Mumble, and I will pull you in if we need a 5th man.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 25, 2011, 02:00:17 am »

So I've recently picked up Cass. Fun, but difficult to play. Nice damage however if you land your Q.

Cassiopeia is like the single most spammy champ in the game. Smartcasting Twin Fang is a must. I personally smartcast everything for super clutch ultimates. Also she is godlike in 1v1 battles (always amuses me when people think they can take me on) and equally awesome in chasing down those silly people who thought they could 1v1 me.

However... difficult to play. One mistake, and your DPS plummets hard.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 25, 2011, 07:04:40 am »

Play Games with People you know (Us) over Skype.

We're (Usually) Competent enough not To Suicide (And With Skype, the Desperate Yelling to go Back is so much Quicker!) and even if we all suck, playing Games over Voice chat is a Lot more Fun.

Well as long as you can deal with me telling you your builds suck.

All of them.

Even the ones that are actually good.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 25, 2011, 08:36:43 am »

By the way, when I first started playing this game I used to laugh at people stacking Dorans items. E.g: 3 Dorans blades on Ashe.

Now, the more I use it, the more I realize just how amazing it is to get three rings or blades on squishy characters. On Soraka / Janna I occassionally stack rings. On Ashe I almost always stack blades unless I can buy a BF sword straight out. I'm not sure why I just find it so much better. And I know it works too because as Ashe, I keep exiting teamfights with about 100hp or so, which clearly shows that the extra hp, damage and lifesteal saved my life. If I had saved up for a BF Sword or bought a Pickaxe, I would have died for sure.

So now my ranged dps carry builds are usually:

Boots + 3 health pot -> 3x Doran's Blade -> BF Sword -> IE

Not to mention I ALWAYS. ALWAYS. Take flash + ghost on ranged carries. Positioning is just way too important on a character that dies in one sneeze.

Got it all wrong umi, tiamat first with Ashe. ALWAYS.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 25, 2011, 09:11:34 am »

I've been starting my builds more and more with Philo stones, the staying power is ridicilous sometimes allowing me to shrug off all but the nastiest harrassers.

Also been playing Nasus lately, for some reason my Q last hitting is going trough the roof lately, heck most games i end up with more creep kills than anyone else, even our mid carry :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 25, 2011, 10:25:17 am »

I've been starting my builds more and more with Philo stones, the staying power is ridicilous sometimes allowing me to shrug off all but the nastiest harrassers.

Also been playing Nasus lately, for some reason my Q last hitting is going trough the roof lately, heck most games i end up with more creep kills than anyone else, even our mid carry :)

Critting for 1k before 18 with a full set of items is a joy like no other. Not to mention hitting for roughly 500 on a tower every 3 seconds.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 25, 2011, 03:17:42 pm »

You can add me the the NA players list as Zizazo. I'm pretty good with most chars except the physical carry. My best is probably Mordenkaiser. He's the pentakill king, even in full tanking gear. I pretty much never rage, except when someone on my team play a bad Teemo. Which is often.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 25, 2011, 03:50:44 pm »

I just realized my current Jarvan build would work perfectly on Nasus, probably even better then the best build I was using.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 25, 2011, 05:17:46 pm »

In case you missed it, you can add me to the NA list too, as Corylus. Mostly play Katarina and Lux, but I'm trying to learn Olaf and Rammus. Some day, I think I could do a mean TF, if just because I love surprising people.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 25, 2011, 05:28:25 pm »

I just realized my current Jarvan build would work perfectly on Nasus, probably even better then the best build I was using.

Do tell?

Recently played a game with a tanky xin, using the black cleaver.

he survived the team fight and took out morde, cho and taric in that order.

so LOW while fighting morde, but he lived, and gained 30% of his hp back on the other two.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 1067