Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275489 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Vayne the Night Hunter
« Reply #225 on: May 22, 2011, 04:21:46 am »

Any advice for Xin builds?
I have been toying around with one but i wasn't able to finish it once.
Basically going zerk boots, cloak and dagger, black cleaver, youumu, hexdrinker and a defensive item of choice.Or if i need more hp switch out boots for mercs, and take frozen mallet instead of C&D.
This would for some crit damage and attack speed while having decent enough survivabilty with some resistances and possibly hp if needed.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 22, 2011, 04:55:23 am »

Any advice for Xin builds?
I have been toying around with one but i wasn't able to finish it once.
Basically going zerk boots, cloak and dagger, black cleaver, youumu, hexdrinker and a defensive item of choice.Or if i need more hp switch out boots for mercs, and take frozen mallet instead of C&D.
This would for some crit damage and attack speed while having decent enough survivabilty with some resistances and possibly hp if needed.

Go Tanky DPS.

Get ONE damage item - Youmuu's or Black Cleaver - then build 2-3 tank items.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 22, 2011, 10:05:57 am »

http://www.livestream.com/nilolcy?t=562346

Going up in a few minutes; I think I shall play Akali.

Also, as akali would you say building Hextech revolvers first or sheen? I'm adament the hextech just means I survive so much more allowing me to do crazier shit and get away with it more often.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 22, 2011, 10:36:24 am »

Just won a game where i had to tank as Jarvan, the game itself proved that kills don't mean much, we were behind some 5-7 kills the whole time but they only managed to destroy two of our towers.Ofcourse a fed Eve helped a lot, but i think that was evened out by our 0/9/7 Lux, besides they had a pretty nasty Kat and Veigar.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 22, 2011, 11:13:57 am »

Now doing a 3v3. Another game that bolsters the position that you can own any team with 3 tanky deeps, mundo singed and nunu vs twitch, vlad and brand.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 11:44:22 am by Nilocy »

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 22, 2011, 12:43:20 pm »

Ever sinced they buffed xin's W back, his old tanky DPS build works again. You basicaly go merc threads, youmuu, sword of the divine, then go tanky all the way.

When you're going to kill someone, you activate both youmuu and sword of the divine + W + Q. You attack at the speed of sound for true damage, and become a boss tier chaser.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #231 on: May 22, 2011, 01:38:14 pm »

Ever sinced they buffed xin's W back, his old tanky DPS build works again. You basicaly go merc threads, youmuu, sword of the divine, then go tanky all the way.

When you're going to kill someone, you activate both youmuu and sword of the divine + W + Q. You attack at the speed of sound for true damage, and become a boss tier chaser.

True damage?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 22, 2011, 01:46:21 pm »

True damage?
Sword of the divines active gives 30 armor pen and makes your attacks undodgeable.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #233 on: May 22, 2011, 01:57:51 pm »

True damage?
Sword of the divines active gives 30 armor pen and makes your attacks undodgeable.

Higher damage? Yes. True damage? Far from it. Tanks with 200 armor won't notice the arpen really.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 22, 2011, 02:45:32 pm »

Actually, the only reason you go the standard Xin build is to kill tanks. What's the point of ghostblade + sword of the divine + arpen runes masteries against squishies? Sure, it'll probably do true damage to them but you're literally going to have more arpen than squishies have armour.

Black cleaver is enough if Xin wants to burst squishies down with his combo. Arpen build is when you need to autoattack a lot (this is not something Xin Zhao wants to do).

I recommend instead of ghostblade + sotd, get black cleaver + wits end / wriggles. Not as much armour pen, but definitely more damage and attack speed. Then all tanky like he said.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 22, 2011, 03:04:11 pm »

i messed up my last game and got 2 phantom dancers first, i could outrun just about everyone, and had 2.5 attack speed.

however i felt like i couldnt kill shit due to only doing like 110 dmg ^_^.

also fuck warwicks with madreds blood razor fffff, really made me notice how little damage i did when i couldnt solo a warwick.

my build currently for xin varies slightly.

dorans blade > lane for 5 minutes or whatever > go back for boots of speed or if you laning well berserker boots/ ninja tabi and a few health pots> save up for a part of a black cleaver, generally i save up for the BF sword> get black cleaver>  farm moar get phantom dancer > farm moar get kills, get bloodthirster > farm moar get an armor item that will protect you from most of their team ie thornmail, force of nature > sell dorans off for item slot get something to protect you from cc or another dmg item IE bloodthirster.

i honestly dont know how well ninja tabi save my life, but i have dodge runes now so i have like a 18% dodge chance with ninja tabi and runes.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 03:20:24 pm by Journier »
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 22, 2011, 03:17:22 pm »

i couldnt solo a warwick.

The basic rule for 1v1ing Warwick is this. If you can solo baron, you can kill Warwick 1v1.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 22, 2011, 03:54:24 pm »

True damage?

Higher damage? Yes. True damage? Far from it. Tanks with 200 armor won't notice the arpen really.

Surely 100 armor pen from actives + an arp item+ runes and masteries is not a noticeable difference, especialy when it takes half the damage it'd take to bring them down :P . Alternatively, you do true damage to anyone who isn't a tank.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 04:07:40 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #238 on: May 22, 2011, 04:24:32 pm »

True damage?

Surely 100 armor pen from actives + an arp item+ runes and masteries is not a noticeable difference, especialy when it takes half the damage it'd take to bring them down :P . Alternatively, you do true damage to anyone who isn't a tank.

Sure for squishies.

Just played an awesome ranked game as Zilean. We even taught some of our team Finnish, such as what "Kiitos", or "Auta" mean.

Too bad our Eve was killed too quickly, many many times I could've ulted her if she jsut had some more defense.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 22, 2011, 08:10:35 pm »

vnorrec is the leroy jenkins of League of Legends.

so many games he leads a charge alone into 4-5 people and dies and i am forced to chase after him and die with him lol
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 1067