Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275440 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Vayne the Night Hunter
« Reply #210 on: May 21, 2011, 02:18:20 pm »

Just had an amazing game. Our side: Morgana (me), Akali, Nunu, Miss Fortune and a (apparently first-time) Fiddles. Their side: Jax, Shaco, Xin, Heimerdinger and Irelia.

Now, before I tell you the result of this game, how do you think we did?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 02:37:47 pm by Akigagak »
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 21, 2011, 03:19:11 pm »

My last game failed because there are still idiots who have no idea how to deal with Evelynn.

Very start of the bloody game, our solo Irelia decides to run all the way to the far bush on her lane and park her ass there so she can hand first blood to Eve and Kassadin and then proceed to bitch about how completely OP she is.

(Kassadin ended up being the big scary damage dealer that game, by the by. As per usual.)

We actually managed to ace them three times and push every lane into their base and kill one inhibitor but lost in the end because the damned team had trouble staying together.

Incidentally I just noticed I've never once lost a game where I played Zilean.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 21, 2011, 06:31:19 pm »

just had the best 2v3 ever.

started up a 3v3, our side Xin (me), trynd, and pantheon.

not a ranged character to be found.

enemy team , Mal, Ashe, and Xin

I go top and promptly nearly kill ashe 2 times because she thinks she can harrass Xin, when i pretty much have a free flash.
3rd time she does this shes near her turret, i stun her right on the edge of her turret and give her one last hit to finish her, and I promptly run back to base.

about 3 minutes later when everyones like lvl 5 Pantheon disconnects, and the other guy (Trynd) says he knows him and he will be back.

Sorry to say over the course of a 35 minute game he did not return, but that didnt change anything.

Me and Trynd made a pact of brotherhood during those 35 minutes to always cover each other if one was getting stun locked (ashe ult, Mal ult).

We promptly pushed down their 2 outer towers, and their 2 inner towers + inhibitors while fighting 3v2 the whole match.

however then it got very hard to get down their last tower and nexus. all 3 right next to healing pool and able to stun lock us with annoying fucking ults. We go in once, get their last tower down to like 50 health before we both die and then we start thinking we might lose. so we are waiting there to spawn when apparently their team didnt think about defending their very nearly dead nexus tower, and it goes down to super creeps.

We promptly respawn attack them again, ashe runs out of top of their base to kill minions, i hit ghost, jump on her and kill her in 3 hits. Mal ults me and then xin jumps on me and kills me before im unstunned, then trynd is fighting the 2 of them and xin has a thornmail so trynd dies to a lucky hit from mals wall as hes running away.

once again we are both dead, and we start thinking and saying gg probably in team chat, BUT NO they are too busy in their base with super creeps and since we keep killing 1-2 of them off.

we respawn again lol. this time the plan is for trynd to spin through the wall to the nexus and backdoor it while i keep the attn of the rest of the team. i get up top to push into their base, 3 hit Ashe into death, then mal shows up with xin, I begin attacking Xin  but Malhazar fucking ults me again! and I die within 3 seconds...

Xin started getting gold from all the creeps in his base for items apparently. fucker bought a thornmail + the usual bloodthirster etc.

Trynd didnt know he was supposed to spin and honestly he only had like 5 seconds from the point i entered their base and killed ashe to death. so he runs back b and we try again when i respawned.

Except this time we just stick together. Once again we run into Ashe killing creeps at top, she dies in 3 hits or so in mid air to me.

This time trynd gets ulted by mal, i charge on Malzahar, make him flash up to his heal spot, and stop ulting trynd, then xin jumps on  trynd, i begin attacking Xin, and then mal comes back down and begins trying to kill Trynd again,  Trynd promptly dies, and im at like 30 % health when i finally finish killing Xin and killing myself on his stupid thornmail. Mal is determined to stop me and silences me with a wall, but wait! i bought a Quick Silver Sash since we both kept getting ulted by those long ass stuns, and im all good and charge on him and tada... Mal dies and I finish off their nexus at like 35 minutes in.

If it was a 3v3 game it woulda been too easy, and probably 15-20 minutes long. 2v3 made it just about perfect for us.

Final match stats-

21-9-4  (Three or 4 of those deaths were at the final bit when we kept trying to get their damn nexus down)
earned 18000 gold.

Largest killing spree 5
Largest multi kill 3
damage dealth 208.000

lol only with 118 slain minions.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 06:36:56 pm by Journier »
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #213 on: May 21, 2011, 06:45:03 pm »

Even when outnumbered, game is not lost. Remember that kids.

But Journier, pretty dumb of your team to get 3 melee dps:es. Clever enemies would've gotten 3 thornmails and laughed at you.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 21, 2011, 07:00:52 pm »

Yeah, three of the same damage type is usually not a good idea in 3v3. Too easy to counter.

I actually don't like thornmail that much. Not sure why. I always feel like the damage being returned is very insubstantial. I think the only time I've seen thornmail make a massive difference was when I was level 20 and was playing Mordekaiser. The entire enemy team was physical. I was walking through the river by myself and they five-man ganked me. After they killed me, they were all at half health and had no ultimates. Then my entire team raped them.

But I'm not sure if that was because of the thornmail damage return, or because Mordekaiser has AOE damage up the arse.

Generally speaking, I prefer some of the other armour items. Especially those with offensive use, such as Randuin's Omen or Wriggles or Sunfire. That's just my opinion though.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 21, 2011, 07:01:26 pm »

Tribunal is more fun than LoL itself <_<
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #216 on: May 21, 2011, 07:09:36 pm »

Yeah, three of the same damage type is usually not a good idea in 3v3. Too easy to counter.

I actually don't like thornmail that much. Not sure why. I always feel like the damage being returned is very insubstantial. I think the only time I've seen thornmail make a massive difference was when I was level 20 and was playing Mordekaiser. The entire enemy team was physical. I was walking through the river by myself and they five-man ganked me. After they killed me, they were all at half health and had no ultimates. Then my entire team raped them.

But I'm not sure if that was because of the thornmail damage return, or because Mordekaiser has AOE damage up the arse.

Generally speaking, I prefer some of the other armour items. Especially those with offensive use, such as Randuin's Omen or Wriggles or Sunfire. That's just my opinion though.

I like thornmail for these reasons:

• When that Yi has 300 Attack damage but deals only 150 to you because of your armor, Yi still receives 100 dmg from his attacks. If you have sufficient HP/Armor, he drops out quick without lifesteal. He has lifesteal? Well, Thornmail nullifies the healing.
  • Very cheap, considering you're paying only 2000 gold for 100 armor and the passive.
  • As a carry, it heavily discourages enemies that look at their enemies' items. Yi doesn't wanna focus on you first cause of Thornmail.
  • As a tank, you can soak much dmg but since the thornmail's passive's dmg is calculated before your armor, they receive good dmg when hitting you.
  • Did you know, that the damage return affects towers?
  • Did you know, that as a Mundo who outheals the tower's dmg the tower dies very quickly?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 21, 2011, 07:10:06 pm »

Even when outnumbered, game is not lost. Remember that kids.

But Journier, pretty dumb of your team to get 3 melee dps:es. Clever enemies would've gotten 3 thornmails and laughed at you.

hey i was locked in first, and ive lost to 3 melee dps's before, even with the whole team having thornmails :( i played as morde and forget the rest of the team makeup but late game thornmails are lulz not doing much with lifesteal.

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 21, 2011, 07:17:31 pm »

Then shame on you for being an instalocker :P
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 21, 2011, 08:14:54 pm »

It might not be noticable from the person who has its end. As ashe whenever i see someone with a thornemail i try my damned hardest to not hit them; taking 20% of a 700 crit back in damage is not fun :(

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 21, 2011, 08:53:42 pm »

Rammus with Thornmail is all kinds of hilarious, they end up doing more damage to themselves than they do to you. And his taunt just gets better against those that have insane attack speed, taunting Yi while he's in highlander mode is amazing.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 21, 2011, 09:33:47 pm »

fighting rammus in 3v3 sucks.

god damn defensive posture ability + thornmail, bastard felt unkillable.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 22, 2011, 01:41:08 am »

Incidentally I just noticed I've never once lost a game where I played Zilean.
And as with all things, matchmaking sure did fuck that up.

Hello 37-1 Zilean game ratio.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 22, 2011, 03:29:47 am »

Id like to thank all the twitches in the game, for stealing all my kills and ruining my game.

bastard went 17-12-like 1 assist

me? oh i got 4-10-high assist number like 8 or 10

im xin and he kept following me around and last hitting all my kills and by the end of game that we lost btw, i had no money to even get a bf sword i was ragin.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 03:48:21 am by Journier »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 22, 2011, 03:40:41 am »

Then shame on you for being an instalocker :P
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 1067