Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275327 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Vayne the Night Hunter
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2011, 02:46:33 am »

meep meep.

Sytherion on NA.

Edit:

TD scaling with the enemy in general would just piss people off. True damage scales only rarely at all, and when it does it's NEVER with an enemy stat.

Nunu: Consume does true damage but can only be cast on minions.
Irelia: Flat amount on autoattacks from W, no scaling with stats
Olaf: Flat amount as an ability. Does true damage back to him.
Twitch: Per-stack DoT, applied on autoattacks. Scales slightly with level. Coincidentally, everyone hates the rat.
Corki: 10 percent of his own damage on autoattacks
Cho'gath: Recently-nerfed ultimate. Scales at .7 of AP but nobody builds enough AP to reach the levels he could previously do anyway. Was a melee-range, extremely powerful nuke. Known and loved/hated for being the only thing of its type.
Kog'maw: His passive makes him a true damage bomb on death. Scales with his level.

Things that scale with the victim (Jarvan's passive, Mundo's cleavers, Veigar's ultimate) are always very powerful and very hard to balance because they punish the enemy severely for building particular things.

Remember that?

FUCK EVERYTHING.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 02:50:11 am by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2011, 05:16:35 am »

I saw a Veigar one shot kill Vayne. It was the same Vayne I spent the entire game chasing around as Jax but never successfully killing her. It was very cathartic.

Edit: I like how Soraka has become popular again. And everyone plays AP Soraka now too. It makes me happy. I remember a few months ago everyone was like "wtf! No Soraka or I afk!" or "Soraka can only be built tank!" Now everyone grew a brain and realized her AP ratios are insaneeeeee~

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2011, 07:31:56 am »

This week's champs that I don't own:

Ashe
Caitlyn
Garen

Jax
Malzahar

Maokai
Mordekaiser
Rumble
Shen
Soraka

The ones with striketroughs I own, and the ones in bold I haven't tried even once.
Imma have lotsa testing with Cait, Maokai and Rumble, perhaps even Garen. Now, suggestions on trollbuilds for em?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2011, 07:43:46 am »

I'm starting to suck less with Mordekaiser (and in general.)  Had a couple good AI games with Webadict/Realmfighter last night, so I hope I can either afford him by the time he rotates out or there's one I can not suck with next week.

I also want to try Malz before he's gone.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2011, 07:49:29 am »

I'm starting to suck less with Mordekaiser (and in general.)  Had a couple good AI games with Webadict/Realmfighter last night, so I hope I can either afford him by the time he rotates out or there's one I can not suck with next week.

Mordekaiser is quite simple to play. When playing him, don't think you're a tank: Yes, you have your shield, but it doesn't make you into a good tank. Instead, get damage early on, that keeps your shield up better as well = also more tanky.

Regrowth pendant is a very good choice for first item, but don't build it into FoN the moment you get the cash. Instead, build stuff like MPen (Sorcerer's Boots, Haunting Guise) since all of Morde's abilities deal magic dmg, MPen helps very much to deal damage - and get your shield up.

After those items you can start getting tanky. Since Morde has zero CC, not even slows, Rylai's Scepter works really well for him. Also, Abyssal Scepter.

Spellvamp isn't bad on him either, 2 gunblades, some Mpen and no CC used on him = he is really hard to kill.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2011, 11:17:08 am »

Even if its a troll build, a 4 warmog + boots + force of nature vlad is the most terrifying thing to a team of casters. Insane health regeneration, decent ap, awesome magic resistance. And while it may seem like a troll build, giving vlad spellvamp is hilarious all around, as not only he heals for all his spells, but also his Q will heal him for +100% of its damage.

Vlad has a powernuke that hurts himself.
If he repeatedly uses it, it becomes more damaging/powerful, a-la riftwalks eating mana.

I thought spellvamp was a no-brainer on vlad, lol.(cast from hp's, if only for one ability)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2011, 12:43:55 pm »

Played Maokai for my first time, and although we lost, it didn't decrease the fun I had that game.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maokai is really awesome. Its funny how many doublekills I got, I think 4.

EDIT: Second game, now in ranked. I love Maokai even more. Xin boosted my feelings towards the oak even further <3
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 01:44:59 pm by Bordellimies »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2011, 01:10:58 pm »

Cho'Gath is so much fun. Ive worked out a decent build order that works for me, start off with a dorans ring, then fiendish codex, then a defensive item of choice, and after that turn the codex into a nashors, and build defense from there. I get early survivability from my runes and masteries, so I can afford to get some offense before defense, and the CDR really lets me pump out more CC, the AS from nashors goes well with chos e and his naturally high AD.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2011, 01:16:13 pm »

I saw a Veigar one shot kill Vayne. It was the same Vayne I spent the entire game chasing around as Jax but never successfully killing her. It was very cathartic.

If that was the game with Eaglehawk, it wasn't a one shot veiger > vayne ulti kill. It was more, vayne on 30% health, gets stunned, meteor'ed, then gets ultied by veiger at 20 health :D

Cho'Gath is so much fun. Ive worked out a decent build order that works for me, start off with a dorans ring, then fiendish codex, then a defensive item of choice, and after that turn the codex into a nashors, and build defense from there. I get early survivability from my runes and masteries, so I can afford to get some offense before defense, and the CDR really lets me pump out more CC, the AS from nashors goes well with chos e and his naturally high AD.

My cho'gath build, every single time, start with regrowth pendant, then boots of swiftness + warmogs on the same return if I can help it. Use my passive as my health regen. and the game is usually over by that point, because we've won.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 01:21:44 pm by Nilocy »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2011, 02:14:00 pm »

We're sorry the price for LeBlanc was accidentally raised - we would never do this in secret without an announcement on purpose - it just isn't how we operate. We'll be pro-actively issuing refunds on the difference to anyone who purchased LeBlanc at 6,300 (the script will probably run next week).

We also know there are complaints about Champion pricing in general and we have lowered prices on older Champions, and Rumble was not a 6,300 IP Champion.

We are currently working on getting access to the store backend to change the price to 3,150, but there is a temporary networking issue from the office at the moment.

- RiotChris

BS about "mistake..."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2011, 02:27:19 pm »

wut

Also, don't underestimate the Cassiopeia or you get a face full of snakes for your trouble.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2011, 07:08:45 pm »

Mordekaiser is quite simple to play. When playing him, don't think you're a tank: Yes, you have your shield, but it doesn't make you into a good tank. Instead, get damage early on, that keeps your shield up better as well = also more tanky.

Regrowth pendant is a very good choice for first item, but don't build it into FoN the moment you get the cash. Instead, build stuff like MPen (Sorcerer's Boots, Haunting Guise) since all of Morde's abilities deal magic dmg, MPen helps very much to deal damage - and get your shield up.

After those items you can start getting tanky. Since Morde has zero CC, not even slows, Rylai's Scepter works really well for him. Also, Abyssal Scepter.

Spellvamp isn't bad on him either, 2 gunblades, some Mpen and no CC used on him = he is really hard to kill.

I consider myself a pro Morde (match history ftw), but I can say that there are some matchups you just can't win with him. If your enemy is a powerful, consistent and aggressive harasser you probably won't win the lane. If they hesitate at all, really, the lane's yours. Until you go back your first time to buy the appropriate defense item you won't have a very good time against people like Ez, Ashe, and Teemo. AP matchups are the best for Morde.

I usually have 2 regrowths, level 1 boots, chain armor ,negatron cloak, and amplifying tome by the middle/end of laning. Depending on what their team is and how we're doing, I build Mejais, Force of Nature, Randuins/Thornmail, and Sorc/Merc Boots in no particular order. Usually I start out with the mejais first to get stacks as early as possible. The mejais takes care of AP problems early on so you can focus on building defense while also dealing more damage. Rylais and a final situational item come after.

I shy away from anything with AD because with Morde your main asset is your AOE damage since you don't bring CC to the table, any ranged/melee carry takes care of the AD job better. And since you aren't Vlad I don't find a revolver worth it because I'd rather have damage/survivability than sustain. After FoN, you won't have HP problems anymore regardless, and you'll heal for an insignificant amount in teamfights.

tl;dr : Spam AOE damage while being extremely tanky, ghost their carry and use it to destroy them harder. While ghosting an AP carry gives you more AP, their auto-attacking Caitlyn will be of more use to your team than their auto-attacking 1000 AP Karthus.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2011, 07:14:56 pm »

wut

Also, don't underestimate the Cassiopeia or you get a face full of snakes for your trouble.

and you get frozen in place along with half your team then die :(
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2011, 07:33:05 pm »

ever get a group of people who will report you for not being quite as good as them?   just went 10-2-17 and got reported for being afk when I never left the keyboard......... I hate fail troll friends
Nom nom nom

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2011, 08:31:52 pm »

ever get a group of people who will report you for not being quite as good as them?   just went 10-2-17 and got reported for being afk when I never left the keyboard......... I hate fail troll friends

Just had a game where Irelia solo'ed bot and Ryze stalked me as Morde in my top solo lane. Raged at him all game.

Until I discovered we were winning with everyone on our team (except our fail noob Shaco) carrying evenly. Ryze probably saved me from many roaming Eve + Alistar related deaths. :D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 1067