Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270149 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Late August Patch - 1.0.0.146
« Reply #9930 on: September 13, 2012, 04:44:08 pm »

Getting close to lvl 29. One more stretch of grinding, and I can get violated horribly by play with the people who actually know what they're doing!

Please don't play ranked as soon as you hit level 30.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9931 on: September 13, 2012, 05:14:28 pm »

Getting close to lvl 29. One more stretch of grinding, and I can get violated horribly by play with the people who actually know what they're doing!

Yeah...about that, lv 30s are still pretty freaking stupid.
Getting your elo to a high enough level to meet people that know what they're doing, now there's a grind that'll keep you busy.
Or alternatively start a team with people you know/found promissing.

Anyway, have fun wading through a mire of ignorance, narrow mindedness and intolerance as you try and carry rage kiddies and trolls to victory to get your elo higher! Just one tip, never rely on team mates unless you know they're reliable.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9932 on: September 13, 2012, 06:39:19 pm »

Please don't play ranked as soon as you hit level 30.

The difference between ranked and unranked is a vast gulf but the only way your going to learn is by practice. Whenever ranked queue is offline and I try a normal game it is horrendous with the trolls and stupidity, yes you get it in ranked but less concentrated.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9933 on: September 13, 2012, 07:01:48 pm »

I've found the opposite to be true, yes the ranked team will try to act serious at first, but for some reason will much more easily devolve into rage and trolling if you're doing badly :/
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

khantin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9934 on: September 13, 2012, 09:01:07 pm »

I believe that you your ranked and unranked games have separate elos, so if you play a lot of unranked you'll find the 1200 elo players you meet at the start of ranked to be really horrible, and vise versa.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9935 on: September 14, 2012, 05:33:17 pm »

Basically,
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9936 on: September 15, 2012, 01:57:46 am »

Using my yordle-only alt, figured I'd get in a quick beginner bot match to get that 1st win bonus since it's so late.

We had an 0/19/2 Morde. 0 and 19. Against bots. BEGINNER BOTS.

Still might have been able to pull that out were it not for the 0/5/0 Cho'gath who got 2 minion kills (probably by accident) and then proceeded to sit next to the Nexus, admiring its beauty.

Have I been trolled, or do players that fucking incompetent actually exist?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9937 on: September 15, 2012, 02:37:10 am »

We had an 0/19/2 Morde. 0 and 19. Against bots. BEGINNER BOTS.
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Have I been trolled, or do players that fucking incompetent actually exist?
I can believe it, sadly. There's a lot of possible things that can go wrong with a player in general, and especially in a game as counterintuitive as LoL. They might be young or old, their hardware might suck, they might be distracted or multitasking, they might assume it plays like a completely different game, they might underestimate, misunderstand, or not notice certain features (that dying costs you more than the time you spend dead comes to mind), they might be experimenting or focused on some different feature, and of course they can always really just be that stupid or clumsy, drunk or high, or otherwise not really in top condition to begin with.

So you combine some of the worse possibilities- not even necessarily a perfect storm, mind you- and it's not nearly as hard as you'd think for somebody's six year old to be trying to kill enemies with a faulty mouse while inhaling kind of a lot of marijuana smoke, and wondering why everything doesn't just die when he runs into them like normal. Eh, maybe try it again? Usually when he dies in those other games he just gets back up and tries it again.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9938 on: September 15, 2012, 05:35:06 am »

You get all sorts in bot matches though, might have been their first game of LoL completely, if you have absolutely no idea of what to do and what enemy champs can do then you can get screwed easily. As Morde he might have been levelling up his shield

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9939 on: September 15, 2012, 07:15:57 am »

Syndra is awesome! Finally another mage I enjoy playing, previously I had only cassipeia to chose from. And Soraka, but nobody ever lets me soraka mid :(

I'm still undecided on what build to use. So far I'm liking a build with high cdr. Here's what I've been using in some practice duels.
Sheen->Boots->Tear->Sorc/Lucidity->Archangel->Banshee/Frozen->Lich Bane
Depending on how the game progresses ofcourse. I don't think her scaling is really stellar so I prefer a more tanky build with cdr.
That build was on Proving grounds tho, on SR you start with less gold so I'd first get boots or a doran ring instead.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9940 on: September 15, 2012, 02:25:40 pm »

I've found the opposite to be true, yes the ranked team will try to act serious at first, but for some reason will much more easily devolve into rage and trolling if you're doing badly :/

I agree, I find that people take ranked games a lot more seriously and are more prone to rage when things start to go badly. Maybe it's different at other elo levels, but at my elo there are rage quitters on the losing team every few games.

I see ragers in normals too but not as much. When I play normals I'm usually duoing with my brother (who is kinda bad at the game) and I've found that people are less angry towards someone who is having a bad game.

As far as trolling goes, I see waaaay more trolls in ranked because of people not getting what they want in draft pick. The last ranked game I played had an AD Kennen jungle who played for about 10 minutes and then taunted his team from the base for the rest of the game giving my team an easy victory.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9941 on: September 15, 2012, 04:39:32 pm »

League of Legends needs a new, territory-control, short-duration high-gold map. Something where you could theoretically apply SR balancing, since Dominion suffers from its unique problems (like the existence of bottom lane, the prevalence of tanky bruisers, self-heals being way too good, Yorick), but doesn't last an hour, half of which you spend doing PvE.

Or Dominion ranked. Either of the two, since I've been playing Dominion only since it came out, and I'm getting bored. I guess a Capture the Flag could possibly also work? Maybe like that Q3 Team Arena mode where there's one flag in the middle? I don't know, I just want changes, even for their own sake.

Or Old-Bloodline Champions :( Woe is me, why did they add so many changes when I never had the good PC to enjoy old BLC.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9942 on: September 15, 2012, 04:49:54 pm »

Or Old-Bloodline Champions :( Woe is me, why did they add so many changes when I never had the good PC to enjoy old BLC.

Amen to that... but even new BLC is still really damn hype (once you find the match...)
C'mon Riot you guys got to have Scrooge McDuck levels of money by now. Just buy BLC out from Funcom, set up a few decent servers, drop one or two hints about it and axe the stats (plus perhaps medaillons) - and all would be well. It would probably be depressingly cheap to do that, too...

Still, I haven't given up hope. That game is moving towards a brighter future... at a geological pace... until someone pulls the plug...
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9943 on: September 16, 2012, 12:15:06 am »

Yikes. Something broke hard. They've apparently resorted to disabling all the queues :o
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9944 on: September 17, 2012, 08:17:36 am »

I thought the day would never come where I'd say this... but Evelynn is actually really good right now.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 1067