Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 659 660 [661] 662 663 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270151 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Late August Patch - 1.0.0.146
« Reply #9900 on: September 07, 2012, 11:28:48 pm »

Leona isn't a good double jungle. To have a good double jungle, you need laners that have a lot of damage and no CC and two junglers that have a lot of CC. You take red and blue buff simultaneously, then you double gank or double invade.

Leona is generally not a good jungle pick. I've tried as hard as I can. It doesn't work. Nautilus or Sejuani or Amumu or Rammus are pretty much going to be better in 100% of situations.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9901 on: September 08, 2012, 12:50:46 am »

That's actually pretty funny. You named the two tank junglers who leona could debatably be on par with, Sej and Rammy. Both of them are pretty low tier right now. The big 3 tank junglers are, in order from early game to late, Maokai, Amumu, and Nautilius.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9902 on: September 08, 2012, 04:32:14 am »

You have to play each champ differently for every lane and that applies in the jungle.

Leona has low damage, sucks at clearing monsters, will be quite slow at clearing own jungle but she is tanky as fuck, as a bot lane support if possible golems should be taken with shield because Leona will take minimal damage (unless going for level 2 E/Q kill combo).

Your initial jungling clearing will be slow but there are other champions which are decent junglers which have the same problem, Poppy comes to mind. Leona jungle won't be levelled quicker as much as regular junglers due to slow jungle but she will be more levelled then if she was just a bot support which brings Leona's great strength, she is a brilliant tanky initiator being able to get to enemies through minions, then stun them and all the while being so damn tanky, no one else really has that much potential without using ults and if Leona uses ult she gets even more stun damage.

Now all this is reasons why Leona is a super support but all the tanky CC supports out there (Blitz, Naut, Mao, Leona, Ali) can make powerful gankers as well. Ali is a nice example of not really being great at clearing out camps and jungling quickly but when ganking he is amazing.

Honestly I feel the skill of the jungler is more important then just saying which champ is good at jungling, if you know how to use your champ and look for/make opportunities then lots of champs can be used for jungling.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9903 on: September 08, 2012, 05:27:46 am »

The OGN final is taking place at the moment, Clg.eu versus Azubu Frost:
http://www.twitch.tv/azubulive/popout
http://59.25.10.37/ongamenet.html
 First game:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Game two:
Game three/four/five:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 09:07:34 am by baruk »

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9904 on: September 08, 2012, 11:11:39 am »

Ok a few more games as jungle leona and I have to retract my statement, she can jungle but she needs a decent team (amumu only needs half-decent), Leona easy to counter jungle because she does no damage and even though she can do amazing ganks she is far too reliant on team-members performing competently.

This is much in the same way like Ali but Ali with his CC can control battles more easily to knock people into towers and shit.

Ah well at least she is still a good support and much like a support is very reliant on carry even when jungling.

I'm not saying the games I won I got carried by team, but team were not pants on head retarded, unlike Amumu who still has a chance of winning if there is one other good player on team.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9905 on: September 08, 2012, 11:55:30 am »

That's actually pretty funny. You named the two tank junglers who leona could debatably be on par with, Sej and Rammy. Both of them are pretty low tier right now. The big 3 tank junglers are, in order from early game to late, Maokai, Amumu, and Nautilius.

I know. Rammus and Sejuani are subpar but are still definitely better than Leona.

And I always forget Maokai because I'm absolutely terrible at him. He's the only tank jungler that I can't play decently.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9906 on: September 08, 2012, 08:31:41 pm »

So. Syndra. Here we go.

She has a Karthus Q, and all the crazy dps shenanigans that entails. She can seriously pump out damage with it like nobody's business.

Her W is Tiny from DotA, but made so that it's slightly more difficult to troll your teammates with it. It is so goddamn fun. Minions and stuff are a little buggy when taken way out of place, but never the less, it is hilarious.

E sets up some crazy EVERYBODY GOES EVERYWEHRE Janna-style shenanigans, and then she does it with her orbs and it hurts like fuck.

R... R is crazy good. It's pure damage, and a ton of it.

She's very much hit-and-miss. She's an old school pure burst mage, unlike most these days with delayed damage and super tankiness and shit. I think the closest comparison I can make is Brand or Orianna. She's all about comboing her skills right, and if she misses she is useless. When she does it right, though, she's a monster, but not a Darius style monster that's just try-hard-y.

I think Syndra is the first release I'm seriously looking forwards too since... Well... Volibear way back in December of '11.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9907 on: September 08, 2012, 09:09:12 pm »

Yeah... actually looking at it, I'm wondering what sort of shenanigans that W can pull, especially with some CDR. Looks like it'd be trivial to disrupt a minion wave with it (throw your seige minion over a wall or somethin') and bring stuff back, or do something similar with the enemy. What happens if you toss the non-buff golems into the middle of a minion wave? Can you throw the buff critters around? What about dragon? Being able to toss dragon over the wall would be pretty big for blue team. Being able to toss the buff critters around would be useful for either side, really.

Checking, dragon can't. Buff critters can, and the CD on the talent is pretty low. I can almost see a syndra trololol chain-tossing the enemy's buffs back across the river, especially the blues. Know if anyone in PBE's tried that yet?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9908 on: September 08, 2012, 09:31:30 pm »

... jungle syndra carrying around a promoted siege minion?

E: Wiki says can't grab own minions, hrm. That's fine, steal the enemy's and use it as a meat shield. No promote, but still. An easy blue every time the enemy siege wave walks in?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 09:35:45 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9909 on: September 10, 2012, 07:30:35 am »

Whoo, finally got a good game in. Holy something did it cheer me right up. Went 15/1 with Vayne on Dominion, with a 12-kill streak, against a team with a Shaco in it. So sad Vayne needs such a long windup period before proper damage is done.

To change the topic from my own magnificence, are there no leaks of the next champion? :( I think I'll be skipping Syndra in favour of cheaper AP carries, and that leaves me with exactly 6300 IP, and I need to decide whether to save it or go on a low-price shopping spree.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Draven, the Glorious Executioner - 1.0.0.141
« Reply #9910 on: September 10, 2012, 08:25:46 am »

Now betting she has the opposite of Kassadin power: She makes enemy champions teleport to a nearby location.
Half credit?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9911 on: September 10, 2012, 09:46:17 am »

Wasn't that about Jayce?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9912 on: September 10, 2012, 10:04:56 am »

Wasn't that about Jayce?
No. That was about Kassadin's daughter. Not to be confused with the champion they released instead, which would be Jayce.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9913 on: September 10, 2012, 12:53:27 pm »

Yeah but Syndra isn't Kassadin's daughter, is she? She's just an unrelated vaguely void-like caster.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9914 on: September 10, 2012, 02:28:01 pm »

A, that guessing was pointless conjecture about Jayce when we thought he was a she, and b, Syndra isn't even kass's daughter.
Pages: 1 ... 659 660 [661] 662 663 ... 1067