Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270161 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Late August Patch - 1.0.0.146
« Reply #9870 on: August 30, 2012, 08:09:55 pm »

Just played Teemo for the first time. Teehee! Was awful at him, but I can see how he'd be a fun champ. Also confirmed that yes, MUSHROOMS EVERYWHERE AT ALL TIMES is just a thing he gets.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9871 on: August 31, 2012, 05:06:55 pm »

So I finally figured out what I've been doing wrong with Fiddlesticks after all this time. Nobody ever told me he was made to be played top. Walking out of laning godlike is so awesome.

And right as Abyssal gets nerfed too... Damnit.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9872 on: August 31, 2012, 06:16:14 pm »

So I'm working hard at making Amumu a ban on sight champ.

Runes I have are Movespeed Quints, AD red, Armour yellow, CDR blue (AD red aren't really useful but I only have 2 rune pages), masteries are 9 Offensive for AP->Mag Pen and 21 defence.

Jungle Amumu, start with Regrowth Pendant and 1 health pot, start on blue with pull, then go wolves->wraiths->golems->-red->wraiths with skills being E, W, E, Q. Then time for your first gank, if there is no viable gank then jungle hard or just harass a lane, a good gank doesn't always have to end in an enemy kill, just forcing them back to base or using a flash is a success. Anyway after gank (successful or not) you should have enough gold to get Philospher's Stone and at least 1 boot, then go jungle some more, I like to focus E for the additional health, the lower CD's on Q are nice but at this stage you won't really have an opportunity to be using it twice in a gank so it's not urgent to level up so quick. Get Boots of Mob for incredible ganking power

Don't ignore the W though, it's nice and has a nice synergy with the next item you should be building, the mighty Sunfire Cape! Then work your way to an Aegis of the Legion (you can swap the order for Sunfire Cape and Aegis depending on how much gold you have as Aegis has cheaper ingredients) After that is done get an Abyssal Sceptre for incredible magic resist reducing powers when combined with your passive "Oh you have 70 MR, guess again you have 15 MR!" So far you are now pretty much a walking tank dealing shit loads of damage per second, clearing jungle and creep waves is just a few tears and a tantrum, now what next?

I like to get Will of the Ancients! Now not only are you a damage dealing tank you are a damage healing tank! For the final item you should sell of your Phil Stone for a Rabadon's Deathcap, if you don't have enough gold to buy it outright then just buy an Elesia's Miracle first until you have the gold as the extra regen and tenacity will outweigh the extra AP from a Needlessly Large Rod.

Also once you have full build don't forget to buy all elixirs, even the green one though that one for last. With this build you can basically turn any teamfight to your advantage, just get in there with a Q, stun everyone with an R, do a tantrum and chase any fools who try to escape.

There is only one negative thing with this build, it will give your teammates incredible over-confidence as you can stomp a baron'ed enemy team with your aura but if your not there then your team can fold like a 2, 7 offsuit.

I have only lost twice in the last 5 games with this build purely because my team kept on getting into teamfights without me from overconfidence and even as the jungler I ended up with 3k more gold then next highest person.

Now I know a fixed build can be silly but for Amumu I feel this build is pretty perfect, you have enough health, armour, mag res and damage to be a true all round great, all the items synergise well with each other and are great for teamfights. Even though you are a pretty tough tank you can still end up with 434 AP (with no AP runes) to deal huge damage of which most is AoE.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 04:22:18 am by Sharp »

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9873 on: August 31, 2012, 09:23:47 pm »

So I finally figured out what I've been doing wrong with Fiddlesticks after all this time. Nobody ever told me he was made to be played top. Walking out of laning godlike is so awesome.

And right as Abyssal gets nerfed too... Damnit.

You say that right up until you fight Irelia or Jax.
Also often called Boowells.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9874 on: August 31, 2012, 09:49:23 pm »

Already faced Jax (Was 1v2 against Jax+Lee, in fact.), just q him when he jumps to you with stun on then drain away.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9875 on: August 31, 2012, 11:16:23 pm »

Already faced Jax (Was 1v2 against Jax+Lee, in fact.), just q him when he jumps to you with stun on then drain away.

I'm sorry, I probably should've mentioned a competent Jax/Irelia. I actually wrote a paragraph on why Jax+Lee Sin lane shouldn't lose to Fiddle ever aside from a Fiddle ultimate combined with a jungle gank. Jax and Lee Sin shouldn't lose to a solo Fiddle ever unless they're playing like retards. Dark Wind is the only ability I can see that would have actual effectiveness against that combination. Which, I guess, could probably be the reason why. I mean, the bouncing silence hurts Lee Sin, although probably not so much with Jax. I could probably see Terrify on Jax and Dark Wind bouncing taking care of Lee Sin. It's possible, I suppose.
Also often called Boowells.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9876 on: September 01, 2012, 12:08:20 am »

Woohoo, first place in a tourney :D. Triumphant Ryze be comin my way.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9877 on: September 01, 2012, 12:16:54 am »

Hey, nice. Did it get recorded? If so, can watch?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9878 on: September 01, 2012, 01:10:36 am »

What tourney were you in?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9879 on: September 01, 2012, 11:37:44 pm »

Botstomp with teemo is fun. That is all :P

Much later E: Fed Sion is also a hilarious thing to watch. I have learned this.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 02:18:29 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9880 on: September 03, 2012, 08:08:07 pm »

Aaand new rotation is out. I'm never going to get to try out Cassiopeia or Malzahar, am I  :(
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9881 on: September 04, 2012, 07:00:39 am »

Hey, nice. Did it get recorded? If so, can watch?

Wasn't recorded, sorry :(.

What tourney were you in?

JeeLoL. It runs every Friday. It's a really casual thing for the most part, with no big name teams. The week before we got 3rd because we lost to Azingy's team in the semifinals. This week they weren't playing so we got first, but I think we would have had a shot even if they did play again.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9882 on: September 04, 2012, 03:05:27 pm »

So I'm working hard at making Amumu a ban on sight champ.

Runes I have are Movespeed Quints, AD red, Armour yellow, CDR blue (AD red aren't really useful but I only have 2 rune pages), masteries are 9 Offensive for AP->Mag Pen and 21 defence.

Jungle Amumu, start with Regrowth Pendant and 1 health pot, start on blue with pull, then go wolves->wraiths->golems->-red->wraiths with skills being E, W, E, Q. Then time for your first gank, if there is no viable gank then jungle hard or just harass a lane, a good gank doesn't always have to end in an enemy kill, just forcing them back to base or using a flash is a success. Anyway after gank (successful or not) you should have enough gold to get Philospher's Stone and at least 1 boot, then go jungle some more, I like to focus E for the additional health, the lower CD's on Q are nice but at this stage you won't really have an opportunity to be using it twice in a gank so it's not urgent to level up so quick. Get Boots of Mob for incredible ganking power

Don't ignore the W though, it's nice and has a nice synergy with the next item you should be building, the mighty Sunfire Cape! Then work your way to an Aegis of the Legion (you can swap the order for Sunfire Cape and Aegis depending on how much gold you have as Aegis has cheaper ingredients) After that is done get an Abyssal Sceptre for incredible magic resist reducing powers when combined with your passive "Oh you have 70 MR, guess again you have 15 MR!" So far you are now pretty much a walking tank dealing shit loads of damage per second, clearing jungle and creep waves is just a few tears and a tantrum, now what next?

I like to get Will of the Ancients! Now not only are you a damage dealing tank you are a damage healing tank! For the final item you should sell of your Phil Stone for a Rabadon's Deathcap, if you don't have enough gold to buy it outright then just buy an Elesia's Miracle first until you have the gold as the extra regen and tenacity will outweigh the extra AP from a Needlessly Large Rod.

Also once you have full build don't forget to buy all elixirs, even the green one though that one for last. With this build you can basically turn any teamfight to your advantage, just get in there with a Q, stun everyone with an R, do a tantrum and chase any fools who try to escape.

There is only one negative thing with this build, it will give your teammates incredible over-confidence as you can stomp a baron'ed enemy team with your aura but if your not there then your team can fold like a 2, 7 offsuit.

I have only lost twice in the last 5 games with this build purely because my team kept on getting into teamfights without me from overconfidence and even as the jungler I ended up with 3k more gold then next highest person.

Now I know a fixed build can be silly but for Amumu I feel this build is pretty perfect, you have enough health, armour, mag res and damage to be a true all round great, all the items synergise well with each other and are great for teamfights. Even though you are a pretty tough tank you can still end up with 434 AP (with no AP runes) to deal huge damage of which most is AoE.

Hmm...I might have to play around with that. I don't jungle worth a damn, but I've found good success with tanky farming AoE Amumu, building on W an E to start. Items are similar but I go with Athene's Unholy Grail, Boots of Swiftness, and Abyssal Scepter, then maybe Aegis or Frozen Heart if the enemy has more AD carries. Will of the Ancients might be a nice wrinkle to try out. Sometimes if the gold is just pouring like water, I'll build a Warmog's for the hell of it. With over 100 MR and armor by midgame, all that extra health lasts a while.

Downside of my build is that it's not particularly ganky until past mid-game because I neglect Q. Rushing Q to me seems somewhat suicidal -- you can stun but drag yourself into their range. Without good followup damage, it's a recipe for fail.

By building Q late, when you drag yourself into their range, you're already exuding major AoE damage plus you can tantrum and do a boatload more damage.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9883 on: September 04, 2012, 03:27:15 pm »

Hmm...I might have to play around with that. I don't jungle worth a damn, but I've found good success with tanky farming AoE Amumu, building on W an E to start. Items are similar but I go with Athene's Unholy Grail, Boots of Swiftness, and Abyssal Scepter, then maybe Aegis or Frozen Heart if the enemy has more AD carries. Will of the Ancients might be a nice wrinkle to try out. Sometimes if the gold is just pouring like water, I'll build a Warmog's for the hell of it. With over 100 MR and armor by midgame, all that extra health lasts a while.

Downside of my build is that it's not particularly ganky until past mid-game because I neglect Q. Rushing Q to me seems somewhat suicidal -- you can stun but drag yourself into their range. Without good followup damage, it's a recipe for fail.

By building Q late, when you drag yourself into their range, you're already exuding major AoE damage plus you can tantrum and do a boatload more damage.

Yeah rushing Q is bad, but it can also suck leaving it last to be levelled at least for jungling, when jungling you want to provide that CC so having the lower cooldown and extra damage can help to stun twice (thrice with ulti (yes I know it's snare not stun)), the extra damage from W only works if you can keep them in range.

W is great for farming but you need that CDR on CC to use it on enemy champs.

My build does suffer from mana problems so Athene's or Frozen Heart are solid choices but if you have a mid lane who understands you have mana problems (or is manaless) then it's fine. I do get annoyed when I see Ryze QQ about not getting blue buff when he has 3000 mana so they can screw themselves. My best game I had in the recent past was with a mid vlad so that was fine as the blue buff counters mana problem and if Amumu has no mana problem then he can gank as he pleases.

I did try Warmogs instead of Deathcap but Deathcap is more fun because when you have the 20% spellvamp from WotA and shit loads of AP you can just cry your health back up

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9884 on: September 04, 2012, 07:17:06 pm »

Never ever max Q first. You gain nothing for it, except damage and maybe cdr, I don't remember. You should be maxing R>E>W>Q.
Pages: 1 ... 657 658 [659] 660 661 ... 1067