Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270527 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Rengar, the Pridestalker - 1.0.0.145
« Reply #9690 on: August 17, 2012, 03:32:58 pm »

Lemme run the numbers of ArPen/MPen (Mark of Destruction) vs. combination of the flat ArPen and MPen marks.

Greater Mark of Destruction = +1 ArPen, +0.57 MPen for 820 IP
Greater Mark of Desolation = +1.66 ArPen for 410 IP
Greater Mark of Insight = +0.95 MPen for 410 IP

So, more IP-efficient to get the seperate marks, but takes up two runeslots instead of one.
4 of each (8 total) would give you +6.64 ArPen and +3.8 MPen for 3280 IP.
But 8 Marks of Destructions would give you +8 ArPen and +4.56 MPen for 6560 IP.

Hmm....I guess it boils down to, if you have IP/RP to burn (and run hybrid champs a lot), Destruction is the way to go. But it's a pricey option for not a huge amount of bonus.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9691 on: August 17, 2012, 03:52:29 pm »

Unfortunately, mixed pen isn't effective because of the issue that, well, there are very few champs who can use it.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9692 on: August 17, 2012, 03:56:12 pm »

Actually, the fact that hybrid penetration is quite uncommon is why there are very few hybrid builds.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9693 on: August 17, 2012, 04:11:48 pm »

Teemo is seriously the best champion ever. Got a triple kill in the last team fight, but I deserved a penta. Damn Rammus and Graves stealing my last hits. Graves spent most of his time CC'd, too.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9694 on: August 17, 2012, 04:15:16 pm »

No, that's putting the cart before the horse. The key issue is that hybridization doesn't get force multipliers. AD gets crit and as, AP gets AP on everything, even tank items, as well as rabadons. Hybrid doesn't get anything, except for multipliers built into champions, which riot has slowly but surely phased out. Jax got tanky as fuck, and had insane ratios. Even then he still got mostly ap instead of ad and ap like intended, at least post gunblade nerf. Kayle got ap for building ad and vise versa. She lost that passive, though, and now she can't be hybrid. Alkali gets great ratios and that passive, but even she can't really hybrid well. That leaves no hybrids.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9695 on: August 17, 2012, 04:30:59 pm »

They just need to put Kayle's old passive on an item.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9696 on: August 17, 2012, 04:40:26 pm »

That's not happening because Riot decided they don't like passives that double up stats like vlad and xer

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9697 on: August 17, 2012, 05:03:38 pm »

No, that's putting the cart before the horse. The key issue is that hybridization doesn't get force multipliers. AD gets crit and as, AP gets AP on everything, even tank items, as well as rabadons. Hybrid doesn't get anything, except for multipliers built into champions, which riot has slowly but surely phased out. Jax got tanky as fuck, and had insane ratios. Even then he still got mostly ap instead of ad and ap like intended, at least post gunblade nerf. Kayle got ap for building ad and vise versa. She lost that passive, though, and now she can't be hybrid. Alkali gets great ratios and that passive, but even she can't really hybrid well. That leaves no hybrids.

I would consider getting hybrid pen on Jax, but probably just Jax alone. Triforce is pretty much standard on Jax and gives both AP and AD, and a good portion of Jax's damage comes from Grandmaster's Might and Empower. I'm not sure what else I build on Jax because it's usually different each time, but I do build Wit's End, Gunblade, and Rageblade. Actually, come to think of it, I grab Phage+Vamp scepter into Triforce/Hextech Revolver usually, so maybe it's better to just get MPen since I don't grab much bonus AD.
Also often called Boowells.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9698 on: August 17, 2012, 05:52:20 pm »

That's not happening because Riot decided they don't like passives that double up stats like vlad and xer

They don't like them on champions who just get them for free. They're fine with things like Atma's Impaler or where you have to make choices to get it, and the passive can be incorporated into a gold cost. And really, this item would just be hybrid deathcap. Price it as such, and then bam! Hybrid exponential stat item.

Also, people forget Skarner when they're talking about hybrids. I just went 15/2/10 as him. He's still pretty good. This Xerath got super fed but I just sorta ignored his lightning and ran up to him and killed him.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9699 on: August 17, 2012, 06:00:27 pm »

There's... several heroes I wouldn't mind some mixed pen on (I'd think Mundo, poppy, and udyr off the top of my head... maybe grag-whatever. Of the ones I've played, anyway. Maybe Varus, too. Probably a few others.), primarily ones that are mostly AD but with some hefty chunks of magic damage thrown in there because of a damage conversion skill or magic AoE or whatever. There's been a few that just don't benefit enough from AP to hybridize, but do have some hefty (or at least noticeable) sources of magic damage. Or th'other way around.

Mpen lets you get a little extra from their magic damage, but it's not something you'd want to give up arpen or AD or whatever for... getting a bit of both sounds nice, really. Don't want to actually hybridize but do want to get some more oomph out of your magic damage, while still helping out your primary damage source? Seems like a good deal, t'this particular scrub.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9700 on: August 17, 2012, 06:52:54 pm »

Can't forget Et if we're talking about hybrids.

Sure straight AD or AP is fun and effective to a point, but his ratios are such (and his types of damage) that hybridising is quite nice, start off with AD for early game advantage and after you finish Triforce you go for some nice AP (and extra utility with slows and shit) that further boosts your damage.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9701 on: August 17, 2012, 07:23:44 pm »

They don't like them on champions who just get them for free. They're fine with things like Atma's Impaler or where you have to make choices to get it, and the passive can be incorporated into a gold cost. And really, this item would just be hybrid deathcap. Price it as such, and then bam! Hybrid exponential stat item.

Quite frankly, a hybrid exponential stat item would require rebalancing of a whole slew of hybrid champions, such as Akali and Jax. Both of them scale well without exponential stat items (although, Akali likes a Deathcap). They'd be either ludicrous with a hybrid deathcap or they wouldn't ever purchase the hybrid deathcap. If the hybrid item is worth it, it'd probably be purchased on other champions such as Tristana, who has decent AP scaling in addition to the typical ranged AD scaling. The thing is: Deathcap and IE are the two largest multipliers of AP and AD. Critical strike is the AD equivalent of the Deathcap's 30% AP bonus. I actually read a DiffTheEnder article on RoG recently on the effectiveness of crit. chance runes, which was surprisingly high, especially lategame (although the article did not compare ArPen runes versus crit chance, just crit. chance versus AD versus AS). Now imagine mixing those two huge multipliers. Hybrid champs would have to be gimped so early game just to make up for the late game potential scaling of IE/PD/hybrid Deathcap/defensive AP items (which are also utility), barring a huge item rebalance.

Of course, this is all speculation and subject to the specific circumstances (Jax nerf, Akali nerf, etc.), but if the hybrid item is worth it, it will be bought on every hybrid champion ever (and maybe a few other champions). If the hybrid item is not powerful enough, it won't be bought ever. Just look at what happened to the Hextech Gunblade.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9702 on: August 17, 2012, 09:31:02 pm »

See, I tend to do really, really well with my hybrid MF. Better so than flat AD MF. Part of it is my playstyle (using that E to farm like a boss), and part of it is catching people off-guard. They see MF, they think AD, they build armor and neglect MR. Then they're left wondering why the heck that AoE is chewing through them so hard. Plus her ult gets bonuses from both.

Teemo's another that I could see doing very well with mixed pen. And I don't play him that much, but I'd think Kassadin would be another.

Yes, they're probably less effective on paper than a min-maxed "pure" AP or AD, but I think that's offset by the fact that the enemy has to worry about two defensive stats. Plus I feel like it's more versatile, easier to tweak towards one or the other as the situation dictates.

Oh, and I rush a Gunblade pretty much right after boots with most hybrids champs. Yeah, it's probably overpriced for what you get, but I like it. Plus the item chain synergizes well -- lifesteal to get early sustain, then Hextech Revolver to get AP and spellvamp (for a bit more sustain), then finish out the rest. Provides a good foundation from which I can lean AP or AD as desired.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9703 on: August 17, 2012, 10:02:52 pm »

Okay, this is off the topic of hybrid, but Leona, man. Is there anything she can't do? (besides hold a solo lane, I mean :P)

I've been playing Twisted Treeline recently, and I discovered that, even there, CC is so much better than damage. Originally, I believed that a good balance between CC and damage was key. I believed that you could even skimp out on a bit of CC for damage.

I was wrong. Leona is still amazing. One of these days, I absolutely must get Nautilus. I understand that Leona is not as tournament-worthy as Blitzcrank, Nautilus, Alistar, or Taric, but damn, if she doesn't wreck the unranked queue.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9704 on: August 18, 2012, 05:17:02 am »

Semi-final day at Gamescom, the first one is Moscow 5 versus Fanatic.RC:
http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_lol
Game one:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Game two:
Game three:

The other semi-final is SK Gaming vs. Clg.eu.
Game one:
Game two/three:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 10:54:06 am by baruk »
Pages: 1 ... 645 646 [647] 648 649 ... 1067