Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271557 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9315 on: July 29, 2012, 10:30:25 pm »

The game isn't even close to balanced for 1v1. Back when we had that tourney, you could have picked Raka and just maxed E/W then afk healed whole game. And everybody banned Morde, always shield never die.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9316 on: July 29, 2012, 11:04:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/ap poppy hate]

Ok, now I've had my say and there's nothing data vampires can do to stop it. I can move on now.

Oh good lord, you just don't seem to understand. Poppy AP Assassin needs Lich Bane because then you get the freaking awesome 1:1 AP scaling ratio on your Q in addition to the 0.6 AP, also getting Sheen early is truly devastating for opponents as it gives you like +80 damage on your Q, and because Q (and E) is all magic damage then Sorc Shoes are a necessity. As you have pointed out every champion starts with mag res so a flat mag pen of 20 destroys their mag res which makes you deal oh so much more damage.

I can agree with you saying AP Poppy is like Veigar in that she can nuke anyone, the difference is the Poppy can do it through an enemy team and is less squishy. Unlike Akali and Katarina who need to get the kill for the CD refresh, Poppy has short CD on Q so if target is still alive after first initial burst she can still pull off another Q or two so Poppy can burst down the enemy tank (especially with DFG as well) or any other champion regardless of the location or whereabouts of any other champions.

Now even if you are going some pure AD Poppy build Sorc shoes can still be extremely powerful because if your opponent is stacking armour then doing an extra heavy magic damage punch can turn the tide in a fight, of course going pure AD Poppy is silly, you need that Trin Force to do a huge hits and once you have that you might as well get Malady to just destroy all opponents regardless of their late game MR.

Please try and understand that Sorc Boots can make Poppy do ~15% more damage with abilities, you might think 15% doesn't sound like a lot but it really is, Poppy Q regardless of her build can hit huge numbers but it is all magic damage so mag pen is an obvious choice, especially for Hybrid Poppy as you probably won't be getting a Void Staff, so Sorc Shoes + Malady pretty much erases any magic resistance.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9317 on: July 29, 2012, 11:12:18 pm »

I love playing with my friends, but at the same time, I resent it so much. Case point was last game. I was against Shen up top as Riven. I was literally 8/0 by the end of the laning phase, score kills and double kills whenever their Jax ganked. I just maxed E first and proceeded to stomp him. I was oblivious as to the mess that was bottom lane. Our friend Aaron was playing Tristana vs Twitch. By the time I pushed up into their inhib turret, Twitch was 12/2 with an Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer and Bloodthirster. I could not do a single thing after his slows and "Spray and Pray" true damage just WRECKED me, despite building some health and eventually a Thornmail to mitagate some of that damage.

How do you tell your friends that you absolutely love having a good time with them, but they're just absolutely horribly under most circumstances.... We lost 4-5 games in a row. My last win was a solo queue match.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9318 on: July 30, 2012, 12:12:39 am »

Diana is pretty awesome. I'm pumped for an AP jungler that isn't Fiddlesticks.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9319 on: July 30, 2012, 12:21:22 am »

I'd reply, Sharp, but you're being so dense that I'm becoming more and nroe certain that you're trolling.

Instead, I'm going to tell Penguin that Zyra is a viable AP jungler. She is absolutely, completely dependent on a good leash to get level 2 for her, but after, she clears like a monster, and her CC is amazing for ganks.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9320 on: July 30, 2012, 12:43:46 am »

I've seen enough jungledinger to be wary of gimmicky AP junglers.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9321 on: July 30, 2012, 12:55:31 am »

I've seen enough jungledinger to be wary of gimmicky AP junglers.
But Jungle Karthus!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9322 on: July 30, 2012, 01:43:54 am »

Let's not forget Cassiopeia either, then.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9323 on: July 30, 2012, 02:20:43 am »

I kinda wanna see TSM Reginald try jungle Cass...hmmm...
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9324 on: July 30, 2012, 03:02:44 am »

Just to add to the ap vs ad discussion... ad is normally twice as expensive as ap.

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #9325 on: July 30, 2012, 04:32:24 am »

There is also jungle Annie, at least according to SivHD. (You did say gimmicky)
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9326 on: July 30, 2012, 05:33:53 am »

Jungle Cho'Gath is a beast. With the upcoming change to his q timing I might have to give him a go again.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9327 on: July 30, 2012, 05:48:46 am »

I've played Mundo with quicksilver sash several times since that big debate... it hasn't done shit for me.  There have been exactly 3 ignites on the enemy team in every game I've played, without exception.  In every single game I've won, I never had cause to use the sash once, because I snowballed early or their timing on ignite was just bad.  In every single game I've lost, the utility of the item has been exactly as I thought.  Either they plant ignites on me successively, or they plant it when I'm low on health and that period of suppressed healing before I activate the item is enough for them to secure the kill.  Part of that is I'm just not as smooth and reflexive about using active items as with abilities, but a minor issue.  I'm still trying it.  I WANT it to work.  It still seems like very few other champions have such a horrible weakness, making Mundo an incredibly unreliable choice.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9328 on: July 30, 2012, 08:08:41 am »

I'd reply, Sharp, but you're being so dense that I'm becoming more and nroe certain that you're trolling.

You just have replied, and shown your debate skills magnificently, what a great follow up to your succinct argument of "Poppy has shit AP scaling" and "Sorc Shoes are bad mmmkaay"

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9329 on: July 30, 2012, 08:38:28 am »

...and with that, we can observe the Jackass in his natural habitat.
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 1067