Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271619 times)

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9270 on: July 28, 2012, 03:23:20 am »

In related news, how bad should I feel about "kill stealing" as a mage? I don't punk kills intentionally, but I do occasionally contribute to team fights by using skills, which sometimes means I get the killing blow, which sometimes means someone complains about it. Should I be being more careful about letting the carry/whoever did all the work get the last hit?

Unless it happens repeatedly and the person doing it doesnt help until the killing blow (which sometimes happens in coop vs ia for instance), i don't even register it as "KS", and i play carry more often than not. Getting a kill is the most important part, i'd rather get an assist than no kill at all. I'm much more annoyed by people who try to initiate teamfights when we have hardly destroyed any towers if at all. Or people going back to base when they have full hp and a perfectly pushed undefended tower in front of them. Or when the jungler insists on getting the red buff from under my feet when i'm ranged ad and we're past the 15 minutes mark.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9271 on: July 28, 2012, 04:40:40 am »

Just played an interesting game.  Four friends and one pub.  The pub leaves about 5 minutes in.  We proceed to a score of 22-5, haven't lost a single tower, have pushed all lanes two towers in, and taken mid inhibitor by 32 minutes, when the enemy team surrenders.  What's most notable about this is I've never seen the 5 side of a 4v5 surrender before.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9272 on: July 28, 2012, 05:12:34 am »

I just laugh at any accusation of KS, not just on me, anyone really, the concept is retarded and dumb, what matters is that the bastard is dead, not who killed him really.

Also, fun thing when you argue with your team on who should jungle, your Nunu reluctantly agrees, then you see the enemy team is running three guys with smites, of course they accuse each other of trolling, and you kinda roll over them after the initial 15 minute struggle (Nunu is god damned annoying to lane against).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9273 on: July 28, 2012, 05:30:21 am »

I just laugh at any accusation of KS, not just on me, anyone really, the concept is retarded and dumb, what matters is that the bastard is dead, not who killed him really.
This, I hear it so often it went from laugh to retarded and dumb. The worst part is that it seems surprisingly effective at destroying all team cooperation. People start concentrating more on their teammates instead of beating the enemy team.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9274 on: July 28, 2012, 06:00:15 am »

Of course, keeping in mind that Poppy can still be CC'd during her ultimate and depending on whether the enemy stacks MR, you could skip Sorc. Shoes for Merc. Treads and just grab a Void Staff later on. It's especially good against tanks because Q does percentage of max health too.

Yeah everything is situational, if you are facing a CC heavy team then Merc Treads are obvious choice (or try and rush some tenacity item), and if you are facing a team of AD carries then ninja tabi is obvious choice.

To be brutally honest Sorc shoes are quite expensive for what you get, but for Poppy they are very useful compared to the other boots and you need that enhanced movement speed 2. Technically building ninja tabi and then haunting guise is much more cost effective but you don't get the early magic penetration and you need it to do more damage.

Skipping sorc for voidstaff is a viable cost-effective tactic but it makes it harder to snowball while Sorc Shoes makes it easier to snowball even though it is an inefficient buy but that is technically true for most boots.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9275 on: July 28, 2012, 06:41:40 am »

So I just played AP Poppy (with sorc boots) and I had DFG and gunblade too. I was pushing a lane, full hp Nidalee with Warmogs + Atma + Wriggle come at me, and challenges me. Our Shen thought I might be in trouble since  Iwas half hp, so he ulted. There was no need.

Ult -> DFG -> Gunblade -> Dash -> Q + autoattack = Nida died from full hp in less than 2 sec.

I didn't expect her to die so quick so I didn't have FRAPS on, sorry.

EDIT: oh, and I didn't have Lichbane yet. I bought it after I killed Nida and half health Lee who thought he can kill me. He couldn't.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 06:43:24 am by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9276 on: July 28, 2012, 07:48:57 am »

I never once denied AP Poppy was bad at blowing one single, just that Veigar does it better and easier and has use in teamfights. Also, IIRC Lich Bane does physical damage even with Q. I'll textcraft a wall of text +4 of Holy Wrath once I get back from this trip.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9277 on: July 28, 2012, 09:58:42 am »

I never once denied AP Poppy was bad at blowing one single, just that Veigar does it better and easier and has use in teamfights. Also, IIRC Lich Bane does physical damage even with Q. I'll textcraft a wall of text +4 of Holy Wrath once I get back from this trip.

I don't think it makes much sense to compare Veigar and Poppy - even though they can use the same items, they occupy different roles - they are not competing for the same slot on the team. How does Veigar get to the bank rank of the enemy team to obliterate one of the enemy carries? Poppy's kit directly helps her to be an assassin, diplomatic immunity lets her run through the enemy team to focus an enemy damage dealer. Meanwhile Veigar can use his range and area stun to influence a team fight from a relatively safe distance, bursting down anyone who gets too close.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9278 on: July 28, 2012, 10:21:38 am »

Quote from: LoL Wiki
Devastating Blow turns the whole damage of the attack into magic damage, which includes the skill damage and the attack damage of the attack, along with the proc of Sheen, Lich Bane or Trinity Force.
If you have ever played Poppy, you'd see that it makes one big number of damage, not multiple times of small damage.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9279 on: July 28, 2012, 10:22:21 am »

Poppy is an assassin, Veigar is a extremely bursty AP carry.

They use similar items and both do tons of damage, but Veigar more often kills anyone he can catch out, while Poppy dives in.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9280 on: July 28, 2012, 11:29:04 am »

If the story ended, what is the next one? This thread is silent too often.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9281 on: July 28, 2012, 11:51:13 am »

He seems underplayed as an AD carry, which is what makes him awesome.

Dat Voidling.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9282 on: July 28, 2012, 11:53:54 am »

Malzahar is strong, as he has always been. I played Malza back when people called him UP, and lately he has received many buffs, especially the tweaks and fixes during the last patch. He didn't get a straight damage buff, but Voidlings work better now.

So yeah, he definitely matches up against other mages.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9283 on: July 28, 2012, 12:02:12 pm »

So, I thought it was time to try ranked again (last match was about half a year ago I think, possibly less), because, how bad can it be right?

I wasn't prepared, I really wasn't, like, at, all.

I got the be the capitain or whatever, appropriate bans were made, we had a general comp in mind, I would got bot as Ez, with Lux as a support, Heimer would take mid, Lee would jungle and Pantheon would solo top. The other team had Urgot and Soraka on bot (very hard to dislodge but not hard to evade the harass most of the time), Fiddle was jungling while Ryze was on mid and Fiora was at top.

Seeing this I warned the team that the only concern is to stop Fiora from snowballing, which she is very very prone to do, even with the slightest advantage.

Cue her having 12/0 by the fiftheenth minute, soleley from Lee and Pantheon.

Then they rage at us.

I really don't get some people, Fiora isn't easy to handle I know, but if you're told to play carefully how hard can it be to just farm at your tower if needed, and stop any attempts by her by simply stunning her and walking away, it's not fucking hard to do people, if you're 30 and you're playing ranked you should know this shit.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9284 on: July 28, 2012, 12:14:30 pm »

Everyone wants to be a hero and you can't be a hero from under your tower. Honestly with Fiora jungle you need to shut her down early by getting the whole team to deny her red buff, a Fiora without red buff is not good at ganking early game, I mean you can say the same with a lot of other aggressive junglers like Lee but Fiora can be more scary snowballed then Lee especially with her tower dive ulti crap.

Sometimes when I go jungle Amumu or Malphite I love get Zhonya's just for champs like Fiora and Darius to shutdown their ulti.
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 1067