Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270807 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Jayce, Defender of Tomorrow - 1.0.0.142
« Reply #8985 on: July 10, 2012, 01:26:41 pm »

The third or fourth ARAM played on Proving Grounds when it first came out on the PBE had a Lux on the enemy team that never died. For the first ten minutes it was impressive, but after that point we were purposefully leaving her alive so she couldn't go back and buy. It was an interesting little minigame.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8986 on: July 10, 2012, 01:49:06 pm »

The third or fourth ARAM played on Proving Grounds when it first came out on the PBE had a Lux on the enemy team that never died. For the first ten minutes it was impressive, but after that point we were purposefully leaving her alive so she couldn't go back and buy. It was an interesting little minigame.
This actually seems like a really good strategy against item dependant champs.

Also, Full machine Viktor on sale. Hot damn, been waiting for this.

EDIT: Also, Augmented Singed looks really cool.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 01:52:55 pm by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8987 on: July 10, 2012, 03:16:26 pm »

This actually seems like a really good strategy against item dependant champs.
Sooner or later they're going to try and suicide to your tower/towers though.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8989 on: July 10, 2012, 09:57:42 pm »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8990 on: July 10, 2012, 10:08:29 pm »

Oh boy. I can play my Eve again :D
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8991 on: July 10, 2012, 10:09:46 pm »

You can play Eve right now, RiotNome even mains her. Just prepare to have to heavily outplay enemies and to get raged at hard.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8992 on: July 10, 2012, 10:16:32 pm »

One of my friends is obsessed with troll strats. He's the opposite of the people who conform with the meta without knowing why the meta is good. He hates the meta and ignores all good parts of it in favor of his quirky preferences.

Anyways he's the guy I double jungle with, and he saw SivHD's jungle annie guide, so obviously the thing to do here is DOUBLE JUNGLE WITH JUNGLE ANNIE, so he brings in his friend who has no clue how to jungle. They ended up 5/12 as jungle shaco and 0/12 as jungle annie. She basically spent half the game walking between mid and bot looking for ganks, but she never actually ganked. When they coordinated double ganks, she ended up always being five seconds late and basically not actually helping.

I was kicking so much ass as Gragas it was hard to not yell at them for weighing me down. I went 14/7/1, and I haven't played this guy in a year. Imagine what would happen if I was in practice. Or didn't have feeder trolls.

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #8993 on: July 11, 2012, 10:06:53 pm »

You should tell him about "reverse support Hecarim".

SivHD does other non-meta guides too.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8994 on: July 11, 2012, 10:33:21 pm »

Ah, SivHD. His shit is hilarious. Both the audacity, and the fact that a lot of it actually works.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8995 on: July 12, 2012, 12:50:48 pm »

I'm pretty sure he already knows about Siv HD's other stuff. My goal right now is to avoid being online when he tries it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8996 on: July 12, 2012, 06:25:11 pm »

Okay, verdict on the MF buff for the Jayce patch: Meh.
Farms a bit better, but nothing groundbreaking. The longer Q range is very nice (or rather, the lack of annoying-as-hell that the old one was) but Q is the last thing I level up anyways so it's not that useful to me. The lower mana cost on Q does seem to let me stay in the field considerably longer as long as I don't screw up and get heavily damaged. Might be enough to drop the mana potion altogether from my starting item build, and have cash on hand to get a Meki that much quicker.

The item buff on Athene's Unholy Chalice is notable though. This is my new go-to item for hybrid champs like MF, Amumu or Taric that need mana regen more than they need deep mana reserves.
Amumu + Chalice = permanent minion-nomming AoE

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8997 on: July 12, 2012, 06:33:05 pm »

Yeah, this buff was pretty much targeted 100% at regular AD carry MF.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8998 on: July 12, 2012, 08:43:53 pm »

So I start playing with Webadict and start dcing into turrets. I go 1/6 by the time anything of note happens. It's kind of hard to play when you get to watch as Darius decides to follow the rumble you autoattacked into a god damn turret three times. And then we had Ez DC. So, surrender vote pops up, contemplate for a few seconds and then scream at the top of my lungs "NEVER RETREAT, NEVER SURRENDER!".

I went from 2/10 to 15/15 and we won that game. How do you even manage to die as a 20 kill rumble.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8999 on: July 12, 2012, 08:49:03 pm »

So I start playing with Webadict and start dcing into turrets. I go 1/6 by the time anything of note happens. It's kind of hard to play when you get to watch as Darius decides to follow the rumble you autoattacked into a god damn turret three times. And then we had Ez DC. So, surrender vote pops up, contemplate for a few seconds and then scream at the top of my lungs "NEVER RETREAT, NEVER SURRENDER!".

I went from 2/10 to 15/15 and we won that game. How do you even manage to die as a 20 kill rumble.
Who kept saying, "We got this"?

I did. Blitz and Sona want to surrender?

"We got this."

We got it.
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 1067