Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270378 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Servers down, at least we could watch RIOT PLAY there game - while we can't. (Riot vs community game, riot won cause community was some stranger people noone knows with a feeder jungle pant)
They gotta win sometimes.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

2:40 a.m. and the wait queue to log in is 1 hr 26 min?.... that... doesn't seem right...
Okay, so that wasn't just me then. Went to play last night, and...

"Hmm...*another* patch? okay, whatever I'll play something else while I wait."
...hour later...
"Hey, it's done! I'll just log in and play a quick..."

YOUR POSITION IN QUEUE IS OVER 10000. ESTIMATED WAIT TIME IS 1 HOUR AND 53 MINUTES.

*ragequit*

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sona is pretty weak isn't she? I remember at release she was real strong and piss easy to play, she's free now so I gave her a spin.
I'm not sure what she has going for her? The poke with hymn of valor is still nice but the rest is pretty trashy, except for the ult ofc. I guess the healing nerf hit her pretty hard?
Seems like Evelynn tier to me.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

Sona is pretty weak isn't she? I remember at release she was real strong and piss easy to play, she's free now so I gave her a spin.
I'm not sure what she has going for her? The poke with hymn of valor is still nice but the rest is pretty trashy, except for the ult ofc. I guess the healing nerf hit her pretty hard?
Seems like Evelynn tier to me.
You should see AD Sona. Last time I saw one, I played AD Malzahar, in dominion.

At the end of the game, we won. I was at the top of our scoreboard and the AD Sona was at the top of the enemy scoreboard.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Sona is all about support, and the fact that she can switch between attack booster, defense booster, and speed booster with a constant aura effect. Her passive is one of those where you have to kind of keep a mental track of castings (even though there's an icon down at the bottom to let you know how many castings you have before Power Chord kicks in).

She's difficult to play effectively, but I'd say she's more of an Orianna or LeBlanc-tier. Meaning that the average one will be weak, but a well-played one can wreck your shit.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I absolutely love Sona. But yeah, basically ditto what they said above. Don't rely on her heals at all, but her poke with Power Chord+Valor is absolutely horrifying. Nowadays, when the enemy team sees a Sona, they expect a lot of heals. They don't expect her to do almost 200 damage burst damage at level 1. It scares the shit out of people.

That said, now that Chalice can be upgraded, I would suggest Philo/Chalice and upgrade for some AP, or else your heals really will be worthless for the whole game long. I mean, yeah, you could play her Aura support, but that's so boring. It's like hanging around in team fights for no reason other than to not die. Usually, I'll upgrade the philostone later on and, if I have enough money, I'll grab a deathcap. Deathcap + Athene's means you never ever run out of mana and you can sustain your team almost indefinitely because now your heals are on Soraka level.

It's probably not the commonly accepted idea of Sona, but I'd like to make a difference, y'know? In other ways than just hanging around with my ultimate. I mean, you could play AD Sona, which is kind of silly, lol.
Also often called Boowells.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I don't often play Sona, but when I do...I aura-whore her. Frozen Heart, Soul Shroud, maybe an Abyssal Scepter to give her more offensive punch.

The thing I find when playing against Sona is that she's difficult to take down easily, and makes everyone around her difficult to take down (countering slows, buffing defense, etc.) She's a force multiplier rather than a force in and of herself (unless you do the AD thing, which just seems weird to me).

EDIT: That said, counter-meta builds definitely have their use. One of the reasons I tend to do so well with Miss Fortune is because everyone (enemy and allies alike) assumes I'm going to build her AD and AS, like a Teemo with tits. So if they're counterbuilding, they're looking at armor and AS reducers. Then they get rather surprised when my E rains down damage like a hammer because I've built AP and magic damage. By end game, I usually have 200+ AD, 100+ AP, and a nearly maxed-out AS, and I can farm a minion wave in less than 2s. So it turns out they were right, just not at first.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 12:04:49 pm by RedKing »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

Scumbag Riot: Screw fans out of a weekend playing game, don't give any payment back for it until forums bitch at you for it, then say the delay was due to it taking a while to distribute boosts.

Anways, 10 win IP boost.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Aw sweet, spend a day playing Cave Story and Castlevania instead of League, then get IP boosts! I am confident that I made the best out of this situation.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Yay IP boosts coming just a few days after creating my new N.Am. account (xYordleKombatx, if anyone wants to add me). Made a 2nd account so I could try some different things and have fun dominating the newbie tier. And dear Jesus-on-a-stick, am I dominating....

Gonna try playing nothing but yordle characters on this acct, which actually leaves me a pretty balanced stable once I get it filled out. Right now I'm just playing whatever yordle is freebie that week (seems there's always at least one). So I cut my chops on Corki last week, getting a handle on Rumble and Teemo this week. Carried so freakin' hard as Teemo last night. 20min in, we're 16-24 as a team, and I'm 12/0/1. Three of our team have NO kills and no assists. Then my son woke up with a fever, so I went AFK for at least five minutes. Came back, and the others had finally started to get some kills and level up (when I went afk, I was lvl 16, everyone else was 11 or 12). Pushed mid and finished things since my teammates had no idea how to seal the deal. Oh, and this was against beginner bots >_<

While they're frustrating, I kinda like these matches. They're like 1v5, but without the enemy team being able to completely 5-man gangrape me. Definitely forces me to be more agile, as by midgame if I stay in one spot too long, I *will* get rolled by the entire enemy team.

Now to take Teemo over into newbie PvP for much pubstomping. (I do want to try Rumble out though some).

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile

After the patch the game just won't let me log in. I log in, then it instantly says "you have been disconnected from server. Please log in again to continue", and when I relog its the same damn thing - US server. Is this just an individual problem, or are the servers borked again.

edit : ahaha, server is down again. By now Riot should just be giving everyone the 100th champion for free. God damn is this patch a mess. Anyone know why they just don't freaking give up on it and stop embarrassing themselves?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:01:38 am by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm hesitant to update the OP with these patch notes because it seems like this patch is never going to work.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I was able to play last night but at least twice in one match, 3 of our 5 people disconnected at the same time then all rejoined 30 seconds or so later.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One reason why having you people across the atlantic get the patch first is a good thing, you get to test it for game breaking stuff like this, heheh.

Speaking of americans, Graves is awesome. Can't say I like his cowboy style but he's a fun carry to play for sure, might even buy him if I decide on getting a ranged ad.
Got some good ad scaling aoe on him with his buckshot and ult, utility with smoke screen a godsend for teamfights, and a good steroids ability. What more can you want out of a carry outside of a global skillshot stun.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

He's also got that gap closer. I freakin' HATE laning mid against Graves with MF, because he's one of the few ranged characters that can give me no end of problems at low levels. Everyone else, I've got the mobility (and the slow from my E) to stay out of range and keep harassing. But Graves can dash into close range and fire off his other abilities in quick succession and suddenly I'm running for my life.

Pages: 1 ... 583 584 [585] 586 587 ... 1067