Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270754 times)

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Spectator Mode + Varus - 1.0.0.139
« Reply #8355 on: May 23, 2012, 11:00:41 am »

Just had one of those awesome games where you're Yi and get fed 10 kills before dying for the first time, and then Gangplank and Darius can't defend their bot node against you 2v1. Oh Dominion, you spoil me so.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8356 on: May 23, 2012, 12:08:15 pm »

Played a game with Lucky in the PBE, I was Twitch and he was Nautilus.  We went bot against a solo Fiona.  She died every time she left the tower.
Shoes...

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8357 on: May 23, 2012, 01:01:17 pm »

Riven actually has decent early game damage, with the right runes. (Read: All flat AD) See, she has pretty damn godlike ratios to make up for the shit bases, including 1.0 on a *shield*. She gets crazy amounts of tankiness and mobility for very little cost.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8358 on: May 23, 2012, 01:28:36 pm »

Just bought Darius, but I can't play him yet because I'm waiting to see if Bob's gonna play him on the stream again  :'( Woe is me.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: May 23, 2012, 01:47:27 pm »

Just played the new patch, and wow. I didn't notice the difference in the side-by-side screenshots they had, but holy shit what a difference. O.O However, for whatever reason, all of my hud text is blurry as all fuck.

Also, rushing Grail on Morg shouldn't be allowed. Holy shit so much sustain.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8360 on: May 23, 2012, 01:56:15 pm »

Didn't they specifically nerf her spellvamp? But I guess 10% isn't really that much in the grand scheme of things.

Also does anyone know if the game is more zoomed out by default this patch? It seems this way and it appears to be fucking with mine and other people's aiming abilities, especially on things like Talon's Rake and other cone AoE.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8361 on: May 23, 2012, 02:36:49 pm »

She didn't lose any/only lost 5% for the majority of laning. (It levels up at 7/13.) She can still push like a monster, and she still has plenty of spellvamp.

Also, I think the screen is at more of an angle now. It's something to get used to, like the blurry text.

Looking some more at the numbers, I'm pretty much going to declare this core on  any mage that has any sort of mana issue at all.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 03:07:22 pm by frostshotgg »

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8362 on: May 23, 2012, 03:41:30 pm »

Hoooly crap. Darius is broken-level strong. Hotfix worthy. He destroys everyone.

After the dinner I'm going to I'm going to try out new Hecarim and Athene Heimer too.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 03:50:49 pm by Yodamaster »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

I don't expect much out of the Hecarim buffs. They're pretty small. And I've never had much of a mana issue on Heimer, but I usually grab tear on him, so I suppose chalice is a decent replacement now.

I've yet to see a great Darius, but yeah, that execute is ridiculous.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Just played with an Alistar who
a) Headbutted people to safety at least six or seven times.
b) Never bought a pink ward, hurting my ability to camp botlane's Darius (who had no escapes and was quite campable).
c) At the end of the game, chased the enemy team's Volibear across the map while the rest of our team was dead and the enemy riven was attacking our nexus. I'm pretty sure he got a good fifty desperate pings from our team during that 20 seconds, and he didn't pay attention to a single one of them.

The worst Shyvana games are the ones where you're dominating the enemy jungler super hard... and then the laning phase ends and you realize that your team has fed, so the enemy laners find you and beat the crap out of you, and the enemy jungler catches up to you feeding off your allies.

I'm really just going to start playing Nautilus again. If I can force all four of my laners to win their lanes, it doesn't matter how much I'm losing to the enemy jungler.

Also, Volibear is remarkably hard to kill. Or, as I like to call him, Ball Bearings.

I don't expect much out of the Hecarim buffs.

I don't know. It's a 30% damage increase from his Q to minions. I don't think it'll make him all that much better, but it should definitely be noticeable.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

I don't know why I haven't posted here before, seeing as how I enjoy LoL. I'm still relatively new to the game, owning only three permanents and having a handful of games played, so I was wondering just how OP some of the champions are. Anybody have a list of them or somesuch?

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haven't played Darius because even though the entire day people instalock dumb stuff like Orianna and Katarina, the second I scrounged up enough IP to buy Uncle Warhammer, people started instalocking him instead, but I'm kinda watching Guardsman Bob play him.

He's going 19/1/5 right now, sitting in a bush in front of the enemy base and three god damn people are shuffling right outside his range too scared to go in.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Oh hey, you know that guy who got reported "just for picking bad champions"?

PENDRAGONNNN

So basically when he got reported just for having a non meta pick, the tribunal pardoned him. When he got reported for having a non meta pick and being a dick to his teammates when they questioned it, he got punished.

So yeah. The tribunal is a really good system and people need to stop freaking out over it. The player support people, on the other hand...

Also this quote is really good
The reason he was suspended was not because he built unconventionally. The reason he was suspended is because a large percentage of the people who played with him reported him because they felt like his behavior was inappropriate - then a significant majority of people who reviewed the case agreed with the people who initially reported. At the end of the day it has little to do with the specific actions you've performed - but instead the impact of the collective of your actions on the experience of others. You can't look at one thing (champion/item pick in this scenario) in isolation and make a complete judgment call.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 06:34:59 pm by penguinofhonor »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

Hmm so you can be banned for not playing by the meta good thing I'll never play ranked  :-\
also ignoring people harassing you can get you banned.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 08:38:07 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile

The last page has been discussion of the patch and us agreeing that it's completely out of context, and the context was that he was banned for being an asshole about breaking the meta, not for breaking the meta at all.

Of course, the guy who sent the support ticket was a bit of an asshole about it, and got berated by PENDRAGON for it.
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 1067