Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272265 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Hecarim, the Shadow of War - 1.0.0.138
« Reply #8070 on: April 22, 2012, 11:26:32 am »

I'm not sure what sort of players you're facing, but mid Teemo is probably one of the worst places for him to be, next to jungle. Burst casters don't give a damn about blind, so while it's an okay nuke, he's going to get wrecked. Especially by abilities that aren't skill shots. What champ were you facing in mid?

Annie. Admittedly, not a good Annie. All I had to do was keep my Q on speed dial so I had my range marker up, and the moment she'd cross it, bam. Things might have gotten a bit hairier once she could sic Tibbers on me, but by that point I was like 4 lvls above her and kitted out like a boss. I actually hit the 2.5/sec AS cap. And things had turned to the teamfight phase so I had people to bail me out if I got stunned/slowed.

Yeah, I found his weaknesses next match against Ryze. Had to be much more tactical and use brush cover as much as possible. Still, fun champ. Not so crazy about the mushroom ult, although it does make a good burglar alarm.

I actually went and bought Ryze after that match, and me likee. Always fun to mess around with a min-max champ like Ryze or Dr. Mundo, where you don't worry about optimal item builds, you just stack one attribute as much as you possibly can. The whole "Mundo+Soul Shroud+as many Warmog's as you can afford" build is such a troll build, but it's simple fun you don't have to think about too much.

That was a matchup that Annie should've won, to be honest. Annie has some of the greatest base ability damages among the simpler-to-play AP carries as well as the longest attack range of all AP carries, if I'm not mistaken. She could've easily last hit, even without using her abilities. Moreover, she has Molten Shield, which is a low-mana cost shield that'll reduce your damage.

It's almost the same with Ryze. Once he had his Tear, which he would be getting early in the game, you would've been smacked down hard. With both of these champs, you'd be dominant until about level 4 or 6, at which point their burst damage would begin to hurt severely.

You normally should've lost both those matchups, unless I underestimated Teemo.

EDIT: Yeah, I looked up the ranges. Annie's autoattack is 625 and Teemo's is 500, although Teemo's Blinding Dart is 680 range. Still shouldn't've bothered Annie too much because it has no effect on spells.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:30:33 am by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: April 22, 2012, 11:29:08 am »

With ryze, the optimal build pretty much IS every mana item. He gets tanky as all fuck, and hurts like hell. Manamune, Frozen Heart, Merc/Sorc, Banshee's Veil, and then I usually go for 2 RoAs.
As for mundo, the build that I find best plays to his strengths is 3 Warmogs, Merc, Atma's, and FoN.

And yes, Annie has the second highest range in the game, 3rd if you count Tristana.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: April 22, 2012, 11:33:14 am »

With ryze, the optimal build pretty much IS every mana item. He gets tanky as all fuck, and hurts like hell. Manamune, Frozen Heart, Merc/Sorc, Banshee's Veil, and then I usually go for 2 RoAs.
As for mundo, the build that I find best plays to his strengths is 3 Warmogs, Merc, Atma's, and FoN.

And yes, Annie has the second highest range in the game, 3rd if you count Tristana.

You're forgetting AA Staff. If you're cheeky and the enemy is more magic damage based, you could get a combination of AA staff and Lichbane for extra combo potential.
Also often called Boowells.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: April 22, 2012, 11:42:19 am »

Meh. I get manamune instead of AA. It gives ryze some tower pushing power, which he needs badly. He just doesn't get enough benefit from ap to give that up.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: April 22, 2012, 03:34:32 pm »

First thing you should do as AP TF: Play someone else. He doesn't bring much to the table, and what little he does is brought by other champs.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: April 22, 2012, 03:59:15 pm »

First thing you should do as AP TF: Play someone else. He doesn't bring much to the table, and what little he does is brought by other champs.
ap tf does bonza damage man.

You get that lategame rabadons/lichbane and you start instagibbing people.

You know all those times you wished you had an assasin to kill that graves, or that ashe?

Yea.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: April 22, 2012, 05:24:10 pm »

Read up a bit on Varus, his background is interesting, and I like his design quite a bit (atleast the splash art). The skills themselves seem nice, something a bit like Vayne, but a bit less focused on the jumping around part. I think I might actually buy him if I have enough IP when he comes out, but I have no idea when I will be able to play the bastard or how much will I suck with him, been a bit over a month since my last match X)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: April 22, 2012, 08:47:00 pm »

I was watching replays of tournament matches today (My schedule doesn't allow for watching them live) and I noticed Dig's game of Kog'Maw hypercarry. I was thinking about how it was basically protect Koggie for 4 members of the team, and realized I'd heard that before.
Quote from: B12 Guide (Umiman)
Teams with a Kog’Maw can be affectionately referred to as playing “Protect the Kog’Maw”. Left alone, he will tear through your entire team like butter. You must get rid of him quickly.
Suddenly I agree with the other guy who said Umiman is psychic.

Also, hypercarry games are the most boring things to watch ever. While I like Kog's all or nothing kit, is anybody else hoping for nerfs?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: April 22, 2012, 08:57:08 pm »

Wait, Kog working that way hasn't been obvious for like... years? I've done premade games as the Kog during his free weeks like... back in early 2011/late 2010? A while ago, is the point.

And they may be boring to watch but they're SUPER fun to play... right up until you lose your hypercarry to an Incident. Then it's like ffffffffffffffffffuck.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: April 22, 2012, 09:00:25 pm »

I've also seen protect the Kog'maw before.

Kog, Morg, and three tanks.  Every fight Morg uses black shield on Kog and shit gets real.  Also they all had Guardian Angel.  We actually won that game because I was Jax before Gunblade nerf and had the resilience to burst down Kog in time.
Shoes...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: April 23, 2012, 12:49:40 am »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:31:20 pm by penguinofhonor »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: April 23, 2012, 07:10:36 pm »

Yeah, TF really lacks a place as a whole right now. His ratios are lackluster at best, but his bases are decent. He just doesn't scale much with anything. Build him AD/AS and you benefit from E and W, but Q is left out to dry, build AP, and you don't gain much on your base stats. It's lose-lose. He brings massive amounts of utility, but that's all. He's a counterpick at best, which is a terrible place for a champ to be. Maybe someone'll find a niche for him like they did Mundo and he'll be top tier suddenly and everybody will be happy.

Wait, Kog working that way hasn't been obvious for like... years? I've done premade games as the Kog during his free weeks like... back in early 2011/late 2010? A while ago, is the point.
I haven't seen that playstyle in a tournament since Vayne was nerfed to be an assassin/ad not hypercarry. Thus my shock and subsequent terror it'll become the norm.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: April 24, 2012, 03:18:51 pm »

I don't think TF will ever outclass the best ap carries because he's designed as a hybrid character. He is however certainly viable, well, ap TF is anyway.

What he brings his team is the ability to gank the sidelanes whenever his ult is up. A good TF player will capitalize on enemy mistakes all over the map and help his teammates win their lanes. 

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: April 25, 2012, 10:53:58 am »

Sounds like there's a new item on the test realm that looks pretty nice.

Athene's Unholy Grail
Item Cost: 2950
Recipe Cost: 500
+80 Ability Power +40 Magic Resist +15 Mana Regen per 5 seconds +15% Cooldown Reduction Passive: Restores 12% of your max Mana on Kill or Assist. UNIQUE Passive: Increases your Mana Regen by 1% per 1% Mana you are missing. Does not stack with Chalice of Harmony.
Components: Fiendish Codex + Chalice of Harmony + Recipe (500).

And it looks like there are quite a few item changes too.

There's more info here:

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/20189-unofficial-patch-notes-from-newest-beta-realm

Although it should be noted that the Shen ult change that is listed is not going to go live (Morello said so on the forums).

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: April 25, 2012, 12:14:27 pm »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:31:25 pm by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 1067