Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272157 times)

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Lulu, the Fae Sorceress - 1.0.0.136
« Reply #7995 on: April 12, 2012, 11:46:43 am »

You got to 30 using nothing but two freebie champs??  :o

I've relied solely on the free week selection. I've now played about two thirds of the champs, it has helped a lot to know what I'm up against, though several of the more popular choices still elude me eg. Jax, Brand, Cassiopeia, Shaco, Udyr.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7996 on: April 13, 2012, 03:23:16 pm »

After much experimentation, I've arrived at the following item build for my hybrid Miss Fortune build:

start off with Boots + 3 pots

rush a Hextech Gunblade
followed by Manamune
upgrade Boots to Boots of Lucidity
Infinity Edge
Nashor's Tooth

At this point, I have 100+ AP, 250+ AD and constantly rising as I mow down waves with autoattack and steadily push my mana and AD higher.

Any suggestions for the final item? I usually choose one to fit whatever I need at that point for the match, but most of the time if I'm that far along, it's just icing on the cake.

EDIT: As far as abilities, I build E/W/E/W/E/R/, then finish E out, then W before I ever start building Q. I farm like crazy with E most of the game, use W as a steroid + good for scaring people off because they see that "grievous wound" icon over their heads and panic. Q is mostly an afterthought although it becomes a good killshot lategame once AD is amped up.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 03:27:29 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7997 on: April 13, 2012, 03:36:57 pm »

Guardian's Angel is a preferable last item or maybe QSS, depending on the enemy team's composition.
Also often called Boowells.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7998 on: April 13, 2012, 03:48:50 pm »

Frozen mallet.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7999 on: April 13, 2012, 03:52:37 pm »

Guardian's Angel is a preferable last item or maybe QSS, depending on the enemy team's composition.
Hmm...that's not a bad idea, considering the match last night. We were steamrolling 'em, even with our TF constantly disconnecting for minutes at a time. In particular, I was laying the smack down with a vengeance. Which meant that in the late-game teamfights, I was getting focused with a vengeance. Got kind of tiring to run all the way down to their base, only to get triple-ulted at the same time and have to wait 50 seconds to get back into the game. A GA would mean they'd burn their ults and then say hello to my little friends.

I suppose maybe I should just not pre-decide that item and instead leave it as a wildcard depending on enemy builds, cause usually by the time I can afford to build that last item slot I'm lvl 18 with money to burn, and we're either knocking on their doorstep or we're furiously defending ours.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8000 on: April 14, 2012, 02:30:30 am »

Our team invaded jungle in a ranked game and I got a level 1 blue for my Ryze. It was a really good game for me, and I can see why invading is still something you want to try even without voice communication and in lower elo games.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8001 on: April 14, 2012, 04:03:15 am »

Our team invaded jungle in a ranked game and I got a level 1 blue for my Ryze. It was a really good game for me, and I can see why invading is still something you want to try even without voice communication and in lower elo games.
Invading in pub games can also end up by having two or three guys invading and your jungler who doesn't want to invade, doing his normal business. Then the 3 guys who invaded get triplekiled by Udyr and his team who protected him. Then jungler gets blamed and everyone's morale is broken before the minions spawn.

Or the invade just fails and your jungler is now much later than the enemy jungler is, and thus is later to gank, and gets counterjungled and fucked up.

So unless the team has a good plan for the invasion, don't do it. Just ends up having your team lose because of that.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8002 on: April 14, 2012, 04:07:24 am »

Yeah, invasions are a very high risk move, especially if you're not coordinated, especially especially if you're pubbing.  Pub morale is very fragile.  A decisive invasion will probably determine the winner of the game, and if the invading team isn't on the ball they'll probably fail
Shoes...

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8003 on: April 14, 2012, 11:32:07 am »

Aww fuck, we almost had a 5 smite 5 wriggle team (1 was a pubber who also agreed to it), but then one guy chickened out. Lame.
Also, Viktor is cool.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8004 on: April 14, 2012, 01:30:09 pm »

We had another team jungle invade (I'm assuming it was their 5 vs our 5, both premades).

Long story short, our Janna was on the wrong side of the blue (and got caught, gave FB).

Then, we gathered up, and went to the bushes closest to the blue. Now it's 4 to 3 in our favor, as they only managed to kill 2 of us before we slaughtered them, and myself as Miss Fortune racking up 2 kills and an assist. Also, I managed to get a Trinity Force in about 12 minutes due to their Sion jungle seemingly being a complete moron; he would come into bottom lane while both of his allies were also half health, attacking our Soraka for some reason, who would just slam Q as fast and possible and let me clean up. Wish I had saved that replay, ended up around 15-1.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8005 on: April 14, 2012, 02:14:22 pm »

Trinity Force on MF? What is this I don't even...

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8006 on: April 14, 2012, 02:15:11 pm »

It does well with her Q, which applies the Trinity Force damage on both hits, and gives her a good amount of health, movespeed, etc. With the Janna buff and building toward a Phantom Dancer (Just the Zeal) I had ~500 movespeed. That was after the Bloodthirster, though.

I kinda play her like Corki.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 02:20:51 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8007 on: April 14, 2012, 09:37:52 pm »

Fuck jungling. Arghhhh. Almost every time, I guarantee that whenever I jungle, one of the lanes will fail. And ask for ganks. And I will sit around in bushes and get behind because that lane is quite ungankable. And then they will complain that I didn't gank.

Is it just me or are junglers not actually gods who can nuke people from 100% to 0% like most people think they are?
Also often called Boowells.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #8008 on: April 14, 2012, 10:30:02 pm »

There are a few exceptions. A properly fed Nocturne or Udyr or sometimes Lee Sin come to mind.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8009 on: April 15, 2012, 02:07:16 am »

An Olaf can, near level 5, come out with his True damage and just wreck people, but I'm not a very good jungler and kinda dislike how League has made it semi-required to have one.

But yes, it seems like less organized teams overemphasize how overpowered a jungle. Take, for example, a Garen on my team who decided after dying 3 (!) times that he might need to buy a ward, and complained how overpowered Shyvanna was because he had no map awareness. Said Garen decided to ignore a good majority of the team who, without raging, told him to buy a ward and other things that he should do. His response? "u guys r annoying stfu"
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 1067