Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272149 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Lulu, the Fae Sorceress - 1.0.0.136
« Reply #7980 on: April 11, 2012, 03:48:45 pm »

Lulu is indeed the most godawful thing ever. Singed has nothing.

Wats dat? Low on hp and ignite? NP my heal > ignite.
Wats dat? Want to move? nah 80% guranteed hit slow comin at ya
Wats dat? Want supports to choose between sustain and harass? nty i have shield, painful as fuck harass and mana that never ever runs out (Seriously, what the fuck riot. If you're going to make her costs that low and regen that high and manapool that large, why not just make her manaless)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7981 on: April 11, 2012, 04:10:19 pm »

Oh, I don't know about the last part...I was running out of mana pretty regularly till I built a Tear->Archangel.

In a lot of ways, she's in the LeBlanc/Orianna/Ahri mold of casters with low cooldowns across the board. Lulu doesn't have the chain-casting as explicitly as Ahri or LeBlanc (or Brand) does, but she can still reel off a string of W+E+Q and wreck your shit.

But once you get mana regen up to a good level, you can kinda just hang out and get enough mana to toss a Q every 6 seconds or so, at least enough to fight a delaying action in lane till your partner gets back to hold the line so you can B.

I think what I like about Lulu is that she takes the rapidcaster concept of the aforementioned characters and weds that to a pretty awesome utility support, so that if you're paired with a DPS melee type character, you're an unholy pair of badasses.

Q enemy (for slow) + W ally (for speed boost) + E enemy (dmg + reveal) = You're not getting away this time, Teemo/Shaco/Wukong.
Q enemy (slow) + W enemy (for silence) + E self (shield) = You can't catch me, I'm the Purplebread Girl!

It's that versatility/adaptability that's so damn dangerous. Downsides: no area CC (other than the ult's minor knockback effect), less single-target damage compared to an assassin like Ahri, or a burst caster like Veigar, only one AoE damage.

If you pair her with an AoE melee like Alistar or Amumu....*shudder*.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7982 on: April 11, 2012, 04:25:41 pm »

Ever seen TopLu? Lulu's better off on her own than with someone else, in top or in mid, as eerr said.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7983 on: April 11, 2012, 04:55:45 pm »

Oh, I don't know about the last part...I was running out of mana pretty regularly till I built a Tear->Archangel.

In a lot of ways, she's in the LeBlanc/Orianna/Ahri mold of casters with low cooldowns across the board. Lulu doesn't have the chain-casting as explicitly as Ahri or LeBlanc (or Brand) does, but she can still reel off a string of W+E+Q and wreck your shit.

But once you get mana regen up to a good level, you can kinda just hang out and get enough mana to toss a Q every 6 seconds or so, at least enough to fight a delaying action in lane till your partner gets back to hold the line so you can B.

I think what I like about Lulu is that she takes the rapidcaster concept of the aforementioned characters and weds that to a pretty awesome utility support, so that if you're paired with a DPS melee type character, you're an unholy pair of badasses.

Q enemy (for slow) + W ally (for speed boost) + E enemy (dmg + reveal) = You're not getting away this time, Teemo/Shaco/Wukong.
Q enemy (slow) + W enemy (for silence) + E self (shield) = You can't catch me, I'm the Purplebread Girl!

It's that versatility/adaptability that's so damn dangerous. Downsides: no area CC (other than the ult's minor knockback effect), less single-target damage compared to an assassin like Ahri, or a burst caster like Veigar, only one AoE damage.

If you pair her with an AoE melee like Alistar or Amumu....*shudder*.

Just finished a game with her paired up with a Yi in a bottom lane against a Kayle and a Katarina. Yi ended up going 28/6/3 by the time the game ended. Gods is she fun! (Take with sack of salt, these are normal games.)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7984 on: April 11, 2012, 07:40:56 pm »

Ever seen TopLu? Lulu's better off on her own than with someone else, in top or in mid, as eerr said.

She doesn't hold a candle to champs with innate sustain, though, which a large number of solo top champs have or acquire quickly. Also, juking the Q while Pix is attached to you is the most fun part about playing against Lulu.

EDIT: Playing Blitzcrank again. Why does Orianna hate me so and call me scary? Yes, my metallic visage is frightening, but what matters is on the inside. My pistons and gears ring true!

Also, I discovered to use Blitz pull only as a last resort. Maxed W first and ran up to people instead with knockup. Can you believe I forced a flash just because I ran up to bot lane Ashe with W? Hilarious!

It also occurs to me to ask why people don't play Ashe as a support. I mean, she is known for her utility, right? With Volley and her passive, she could probably do some decent harassing and with E, she could keep her lane safe. She still gets to keep her arrow initiation, of course.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 08:38:53 pm by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7985 on: April 11, 2012, 08:53:11 pm »

One thing I never got about Blitz is the fact that all the pros level E first. I just dun get it. All you get is reduced CD. You get another second shorter and some more damage for Q, and W gets megaderp steroid.

Ashe isn't a support because she's a terrible everything. She's certainly high in the field of unconventional supports, along with GP and the ilk.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7986 on: April 11, 2012, 09:26:41 pm »

One thing I never got about Blitz is the fact that all the pros level E first. I just dun get it. All you get is reduced CD. You get another second shorter and some more damage for Q, and W gets megaderp steroid.

Ashe isn't a support because she's a terrible everything. She's certainly high in the field of unconventional supports, along with GP and the ilk.

Honestly? I considered leveling E first. That cooldown is a pretty big deal for Blitz. It turns a WERQ(if they flash or try to run) combo into WERQE.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7987 on: April 12, 2012, 12:44:37 am »

E-Q-E is goddamn brutal.

blitz is built on E-Q-E

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7988 on: April 12, 2012, 01:07:48 am »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:20:20 pm by penguinofhonor »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7989 on: April 12, 2012, 02:48:29 am »

I had a wonderful game as Shaco, dominating the enemy team - leading to a situation where I would show up in a lane and a ash arrow, shen and angry rammus come ulting in all over the place, murdering my clone instantly.

The "new" graphics for ults moving over the map really help doge ash arrows and there like.

About to hit 30 on EU, so I'll have to get used to not being able to pupstomp as shaco anymore.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7990 on: April 12, 2012, 04:07:48 am »

Always level up E first. The cooldown is reduced from 9 seconds at level 1 to 5 seconds at level 5, with Cooldown reduction you obviously have from Glacial Seal you can spam your enemies up in the air every 3 to 4 seconds. How is this not cool?

Plus, leveling Q doesn't affect the cooldown as much. From 9 seconds to 5 seconds, the cooldown has almost halved. From 20 seconds to 16 seconds, the cooldown was reduced by only 20%. And wince his steroid doesn't get reduced cooldown from leveling it, nor do the percentages increase all that much, its best to level E first.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7991 on: April 12, 2012, 05:48:32 am »

About to hit 30 on EU, so I'll have to get used to not being able to pupstomp as shaco anymore.

I just hit 30. Not quite ready for ranked just yet, having mainly played dominion to get here. Perhaps it's time for me to buy a champ.. already have the free Tristana and Alistar. I'll probably scoop up some 450 IP guys first - having a flexible roster would seem to be essential for soloqueue.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7992 on: April 12, 2012, 08:11:15 am »

You got to 30 using nothing but two freebie champs??  :o

Had a reminder last night that Lulu in a lane is only as good as the champ she's paired with. Had an epicbad Xin Zhao who went 1/8/4 and discon'd twice. *sigh*

Next game needed a tank, so I hauled out Malphite. Laned bottom with Ashe, wound up against Olaf and Kog'Maw. Yikes. Ten minutes later, we're 10-0 in that lane alone and enemy team has a unanimous surrrender.  :D

Played another match immediately with 2 of the same people from that game. Initially, we were rocking the map hard. Then our Gragas mid (who had been handing Dr. Mundo his ass up to that point) disconnected and never came back. What followed was a painful 30 minutes of watching that dominance slip away because we just couldn't match numbers. Still, finished up like 8/8/21 with Malphie again.

That game also had a Crowning Moment of Awesome for me. Our Ashe was nearly dead and running from a pack of Malzahar, MF and Kennen, who were busy taunting her. Right as I emerge from the jungle (hopefully with trumpets blaring, and a recording of Mighty Mouse singing "Here I come to save the day!"), my ult finishes recharging. R+E+W=TRIPLE KILL.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7993 on: April 12, 2012, 08:39:06 am »

Always level up E first. The cooldown is reduced from 9 seconds at level 1 to 5 seconds at level 5, with Cooldown reduction you obviously have from Glacial Seal you can spam your enemies up in the air every 3 to 4 seconds. How is this not cool?

Plus, leveling Q doesn't affect the cooldown as much. From 9 seconds to 5 seconds, the cooldown has almost halved. From 20 seconds to 16 seconds, the cooldown was reduced by only 20%. And wince his steroid doesn't get reduced cooldown from leveling it, nor do the percentages increase all that much, its best to level E first.

The funny thing is that Blitz has so much natural utility that all the pros are going for cooldown reduction on his E. It's silly!

Had a reminder last night that Lulu in a lane is only as good as the champ she's paired with. Had an epicbad Xin Zhao who went 1/8/4 and discon'd twice. *sigh*

Supports are usually only ever as good as the champ they're paired with. Which is why bot lane is now the next to least favorite lane to choose (the least favorite being the jungle, because they're always blamed for problems). I've had dumb carries push the lane needlessly and completely waste the bush zoning potential that my CC provided. As an AD carry, I've had dumb Sorakas who push the lane with Starcall for some completely and utterly arbitrary reason. Even worse because she never ever silenced the enemy Zilean, so he could shove bombs in our faces all he wanted.

But if you get a good support and a good carry, well, that's a different story. MF+Blitz=leave lane with 4 kills and go pester the Orianna in mid. Tristana+Leona=leave lane with 5 or 6 kills and being able to burst down either of the champs in bot lane from 100% to 0%. Eventually, even under the tower.

What can I say? I love CC. I absolutely abhor not having CC on a team. Damage is important, yeah, but not having CC is worse.

Also, I'm happy that they're making changes to the way champ kills provide experience. Too often, I find myself horribly underleveled as an aggressive support just because I decided to roam a bit to go help out other lanes.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:41:08 am by Knirisk »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7994 on: April 12, 2012, 10:56:48 am »

Aha another day of "We clearly get owned in every single lane, but my team refuses to surrender until we go down." and if my team is winning the enemy surrenders at 20:06...

Pages: 1 ... 531 532 [533] 534 535 ... 1067