Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272148 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Lulu, the Fae Sorceress - 1.0.0.136
« Reply #7875 on: April 02, 2012, 12:11:03 pm »

He should be forced to use his stun at you close range, which means the duration won't be long, or he needs to run away to get his stun longer.
IIRC, they took that mechanic out a while ago. It's a flat 1.25 or so stun now.

The thing to know about Taric is that usually he'll max W first, which makes his heal a non-factor. He's also likely to run oom if he stuns you at every chance he gets. Make sure he can't autoattack, and he'll be forced to play more cautiously with his mana. His most powerful ability as a support is the instant reliable stun. Take that out of the equation, and play a bit more aggressively, and you should be fine.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7876 on: April 02, 2012, 02:48:26 pm »

So... I open league, the patcher does its thing, and then when I hit "play" the thing just disappears. The client has really been bugging out recently, and I don't know why. I just repaired my installation, and that didn't change anything.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7877 on: April 02, 2012, 02:50:21 pm »

Is adobe air working?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7878 on: April 02, 2012, 02:52:31 pm »

How do I check that? That definitely sounds like a reason it could stop.

edit: Adobe Air has been updated, and nothing has changed.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 05:59:56 pm by penguinofhonor »

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7879 on: April 02, 2012, 07:38:17 pm »

He should be forced to use his stun at you close range, which means the duration won't be long, or he needs to run away to get his stun longer.
IIRC, they took that mechanic out a while ago. It's a flat 1.25 or so stun now.

The thing to know about Taric is that usually he'll max W first, which makes his heal a non-factor. He's also likely to run oom if he stuns you at every chance he gets. Make sure he can't autoattack, and he'll be forced to play more cautiously with his mana. His most powerful ability as a support is the instant reliable stun. Take that out of the equation, and play a bit more aggressively, and you should be fine.

This. I typically play Taric as a support if I'm going to be picking without thinking too hard. His stun takes up a lot of mana, but it's a decent 1.75 second stun. Honestly, it depends more on his AD carry teammate. I've had shitty teammates who haven't followed up at all when an enemy facechecks. Be wary if the bot lane seems unusually coordinated (duoqueueing or on voice chat). But yeah, Taric typically stun+shatter's you unless his teammate is bad. In which case, yes, he will focus heal.

EDIT: Does anyone just HATE when all lanes are called, you are the support bot, and the jungle Shaco calls for a tank? I suppose I could've gone Cho'Gath, but REALLY!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 07:42:04 pm by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7880 on: April 02, 2012, 08:08:54 pm »

Taric's stun can be super annoying, but most supports have disruptive abilities to help you get out of that situation. For example Alistar could just headbutt the other carry away while you are stunned. A coordinated Urgot - Taric is pretty scary though, those stuns make landing noxian grenades pretty easy.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7881 on: April 02, 2012, 09:07:11 pm »

I'm more scared of sivir/taric than urgot/taric, tbh. That point blank q. ;.;

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7882 on: April 03, 2012, 03:09:42 am »

Substitute Leona in for all those lanes, then you've got real terror going on.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7883 on: April 03, 2012, 03:14:50 am »

I bought Orianna! She's super fun. I'm bad at her though. I've said all this before, but now I'm saying it as someone who owns Orianna and not as a noob free week Ori.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7884 on: April 03, 2012, 05:59:36 am »

Also this. Sustain sucks so much now except on Soraka's Infuse that it's probably better to just run other supports.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7885 on: April 03, 2012, 11:52:54 am »

Taric brings that ridiculous armor buff/debuff to the table though. In addition to making that annoying Caitlyn range less of a problem, he makes Sivir qs deal true damage pretty much to an unprepared Cait.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7886 on: April 03, 2012, 12:06:49 pm »

Yeah, I ♥ Taric, especially when I get paired with a competent damage-dealer. See, Taric solo doesn't frighten anybody. But Taric with friends is enough to make people keep their distance. Cause if they towerdive or they try to close the gap and miss, Taric will stun and shatter them, and Taric's friends will rape them with extreme prejudice.

Other tanks/supports have stuns and CC, but what makes Taric's so lethal is that it's ranged, it's fast (and pretty much impossible to dodge), and it has a short cooldown. A Taric with mobility boots is a nightmare, because he'll chase you down and stun you long enough for his friends to chase you down. He can turn a teamfight into a team wipe.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7887 on: April 03, 2012, 01:46:07 pm »

Yep. He also has a fairly decent heal and Radiance AD/AP aura. Taric is the aura whore.
In exchange for that, Leona is naturally more tanky herself, although Imbue likely balances that enough in lane. Still, free 70 AR/MR. She also has a longer stunlock and Sunlight does not have a damage disadvantage versus Tarics (slightly) better base ability damages (iirc) and armor reduction aura. Perhaps even the other way IF you are good enough at making it count as AD carry.

The way I see it Taric works better if you just want to keep your opponent down and then do your thing. After he goes EW(R) you can just walk away, although against Sivir, or MF for the matter, that will be a little difficult. Leona works better if you want to kill things, really. Three seconds of solid stunlock.

I'll not dispute that Taric might even be more valuable a support in team fights, because, hey, free stats for your team out of your wazoo. Huge free stats. He just is not the greatest support at protecting his carry from fierce assaults - E only stuns for so long.

Dazzle isn't really fast too, it's possible to see it coming and react (90 caliber, rocket jump, spell shield...). If Taric does it from the bushes, not so much. (zenith blade is only marginally better here, tho)
Either way, you can do a lot against either champ by just warding the lane bush.

Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7888 on: April 03, 2012, 02:00:59 pm »

Well, with my canny, sloth-like reflexes it seems impossible to dodge when I'm on the receiving end.  :-[

There's also the fact that Taric is half the price of Leona.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7889 on: April 03, 2012, 03:19:47 pm »

Taric brings that ridiculous armor buff/debuff to the table though. In addition to making that annoying Caitlyn range less of a problem, he makes Sivir qs deal true damage pretty much to an unprepared Cait.

I'd still prefer Leona, by virtue of more stun. But that's also usually because I don't play very much with friends over voice chat. If bot lane was coordinated, they could follow up mistakes much more easily with Taric. Regular people need time to react, much of the time.
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 1067