Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1276135 times)

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Yorick, the Gravedigger
« Reply #780 on: June 21, 2011, 07:58:40 am »

Also fun with statistics: Galio is the least played champion, but has more assists than ever Soraka.

Brb playing more Galio.  :P

Whenever I need to pick a Tank for my team I have two options. If they need a jungle tank I play Amumu. If they need a lane tank I play Galio.

Galio was actually my second champion purchase.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 21, 2011, 08:24:30 am »

Also I don't see much merit for the Philosopher's Stone. Catalyst provides all the regen you need and is too amazing to not take on Singed. Headstart to your Banshee (or RoA if you get fed), good regen and 400-ish HP? Yes plz.

Catalyst regen? Do you just mean the on-level-up boost it gives?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 21, 2011, 09:09:40 am »

Yeah. Admittedly, you'd get the same regen with Miracle in 50 seconds, but usually you will not need that much, and if, just use health potions. They are stupidly cost efficient.

And Singed, especially AP Singed, should have zero problems farming. Drive-by farming, even. I should try it, but Tank Singed already kicks so much ass.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 21, 2011, 09:18:21 am »

Heimer's essentially a useless champion; much like most "minion master" archetypes, once you have the ability to mow through his turrets he becomes nothing more than a nuisance.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #784 on: June 21, 2011, 10:35:56 am »

Jungleplank es #1

All games with Gp there are jungled. Ignore the Malzahar-game, it is a normal Malzahar-game.

Also, tank Tristana.

I didn't soak much damage, since nobody focused me really. Because I was so beefy.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 21, 2011, 11:24:31 am »

Yeah. Admittedly, you'd get the same regen with Miracle in 50 seconds, but usually you will not need that much, and if, just use health potions. They are stupidly cost efficient.

And Singed, especially AP Singed, should have zero problems farming. Drive-by farming, even. I should try it, but Tank Singed already kicks so much ass.

I try not to farm too much early game as Tank Singed, as I usually lane in a pre-made pairing with a friend. My job early game is to provide tasty snacks to people like Xin Zaho and Blitzcrank, and let them get the gold advantage on the enemy. Once I've farmed up enough to get Philo Stone and Lv 1 Boots, I spend the laning phase between the enemy minions and their tower, daring the buggers to come any closer.

Occasionally I'll last hit a minion if my lane-mate isn't getting it, but that's really the extent of my farm at the start, simply because I know I'll have no problems at all earning gold later.

Philo Stone stops me from falling too far behind, plus it's cheap and gives good regen, and can be upgraded to give me Tenacity so I don't need to sacrifice movement speed.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 21, 2011, 11:28:30 am »

I've been having great fun with fiddlesticks, 5 wins in the 5 games i've played as him so far.

The best is ulting over a wall and flashing to eat the enemy team as they rout. 

Just need to work some spell vamp into my build now.

Only bad experience so far was laning against garren and kat, and being heal reduced and silenced the whole early game.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 21, 2011, 11:36:29 am »

You haven't seen a Heimer with 700 AP lob rockets and a grenade at someone at the same time, have you? The turrets are gimmicky, yes, but they are not Heimer's main source of damage. His abilities scale surprisingly well.

Most people who play him usually do terribly, which is what makes him seem useless.

Yeah, I played him during the free champions week and noticed that his rockets... They make excellent harassing tools. If there's a champion in range, at least one rocket is going to head for him and those rockets hurt much more than they sound and look like. Honestly, I was expecting the rockets to do like little piddly damage just because of the way they sound and look. And the turrets aren't that bad, but I expect that people stop being fooled into running past your turrets eventually.
Also often called Boowells.

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #788 on: June 21, 2011, 12:37:32 pm »

I am currently mulling over whether I should save up for Ez, or go for a 3150. Out of the 3150's Karma and Sona pop out as ones I want to get. Already have played Sona and would enjoy having her as an option when I want a relaxed game, and Karma just looks like an interesting support to play. (I love Mage-Supports that are good at solo laning, like Lux and Oriana)
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 21, 2011, 12:48:51 pm »

I've been having great fun with fiddlesticks, 5 wins in the 5 games i've played as him so far.

The best is ulting over a wall and flashing to eat the enemy team as they rout. 

Just need to work some spell vamp into my build now.

Only bad experience so far was laning against garren and kat, and being heal reduced and silenced the whole early game.

I have not seen a good Fiddlesticks in a long time. Highlights of the bad ones include Fiddle jumping over the wall with ulti, fearing an enemy at max range (so the run OUT of the range of his ulti), and slapping syphon on. In the end you had fiddle syphoning one enemy 2 steps out of range of his ulti.

He also really liked to ulti in when he was alone, he always died. Every time I see fiddle I cringe. Same with Trynd.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 21, 2011, 01:32:02 pm »

I am currently mulling over whether I should save up for Ez, or go for a 3150. Out of the 3150's Karma and Sona pop out as ones I want to get. Already have played Sona and would enjoy having her as an option when I want a relaxed game, and Karma just looks like an interesting support to play. (I love Mage-Supports that are good at solo laning, like Lux and Oriana)

You should buy Karma, if only to go AP and be a carry.

I've seen it. It was amazing.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #791 on: June 21, 2011, 03:45:46 pm »

I'm working on a champion idea, which involves an athletic robot which works by steam (note: this is not Blitzcrank), but I can't come up with an ultimate. Any fresh ideas?

Some info:

He stores steam as he moves, and uses it as a resource for abilities
He has very high mobility
He is melee DPS
He has no range (and shouldn't with his mobility)
He has a attackspeed/dodge/stun chance toggleable steroid
He has a leaping ability similar to Nidalee's pounce
He has ability which increases MS by a good amount
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 03:47:43 pm by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 21, 2011, 03:59:12 pm »

If you do pick Karma, great- she's a fun, versatile hero. Lob me a message or two if you want extra pointers from me.
I love Karma, but haven't played her in any sort of game with/against randoms... she dominates against bots though. :P I'll have to actually play her in some real games and see if I can not suck.

--champ idea stuff--
I almost want it to be something that scales with movespeed because you've such a big emphasis on it... but that would probably be impossible to balance. How about a steam jet (directional or AOE centered on him, I just worry that AOE might be too similar to Blitz) of some sort that causes a burn that does damage (over time?) and possibly a slow or knockback? and maybe scales with the amount of steam you have stored? I guess that's kind of like one of Maokai's basic spells made into an ultimate though.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 21, 2011, 04:04:49 pm »

Maybe a cloud that spreads between the places you have been to during the time its active, so you run a circle around the enemy team and then start punting them while they are stuck in the AOE, maybe give it a nice debuff and slow and you have a good ultimate for someone who runs around like a bastard.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 21, 2011, 04:10:17 pm »

He should be nuclear powered, not steam powered (still works with all your steam based abilities since nuclear power is steam power with a different heat source). His ultimate should be "meltdown". It should be a PBAOE that kills him but knocks all enemies back and applies a high damage DOT.

For bonus lawls, make it able to damage your own team.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 1067