Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272597 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Nautilus, the Titan of the Depths - 1.0.0.134
« Reply #7620 on: February 25, 2012, 08:04:12 pm »

I hear "This comp is unbeatable" all the time, but if it's unbeatable why don't you see it in every game?
Shoes...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7621 on: February 25, 2012, 08:59:06 pm »

I hear "This comp is unbeatable" all the time, but if it's unbeatable why don't you see it in every game?
No comp is unbeatable. Even if it were, it'd still lose to itself.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7622 on: February 25, 2012, 09:14:42 pm »

Because randoms.

People would rather play jungle Teemo for fun than win with a cheesy broken comp :/
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7623 on: February 25, 2012, 10:32:27 pm »

That doesn't explain why every competitive game isn't 5 tanky dps.
Shoes...

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7624 on: February 25, 2012, 10:34:53 pm »

Tanky DPS do poorly at the start of the game, and match up poorly with anyone who can burst from the start or spam CCs (as a Sion player, I know that all too well...)

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7625 on: February 25, 2012, 11:17:59 pm »

Atmogs is definitely not unbeatable. It's not even the best build on most tanky dps.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7626 on: February 26, 2012, 01:48:10 am »

I started playing this about a week ago, and I kinda like it. Haven't done any ranked, but I do win normal pvp most of the time. I'm only level 10 though. Seeing as I've got some rp though, what's the best way to use boosts.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7627 on: February 26, 2012, 02:28:12 am »

I started playing this about a week ago, and I kinda like it. Haven't done any ranked, but I do win normal pvp most of the time. I'm only level 10 though. Seeing as I've got some rp though, what's the best way to use boosts.

You shouldn't do ranked until a while after you hit level 30, when you can fill any role and have a good general knowledge of the game.

Boosts? In my opinion, these are really never necessary. I'd save the RP to buy a skin or champion (preferably on sale). But if you do want a boost, don't get an XP one. There's not much benefit in getting to level 30 super fast unless you're leveling up an alternate account. If you're new to the game, the experience it takes to reach level 30 is necessary to learn the game.

But let's say you've decided to get an IP boost. I've purchased one and I don't regret it. It's not super necessary but they are useful. If you want to get the most bang for your buck, set aside a day/weekend and buy a 1/3 day IP boost. Play a lot during that time. You can amass a pretty respectable amount of IP in a day.

My opinion is still that these aren't necessary - you'll be getting enough IP eventually if you keep playing. Unless you really want certain runes ASAP, or really want to get the new champion when it comes out, waiting will cost you less RP.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7628 on: February 26, 2012, 03:05:08 am »

Yeah, XP boosts are worthless and will actually end up leaving you worse off because you didn't play as much on the way to 30.

IP Boosts are okay, especially once you start working on runes (Speaking of which, don't start getting runes until 20.  Tier 1 runes are pretty good for their cost, but you barely have any slots open at level 10 and you could be spending that IP on getting a solid base of champs.  Only get tier 3 runes.)

If you can only play two or three games a day, get a per-win IP boost.  If you no-life it get a timed IP boost.  You can get a full block of 9 of the cheaper runes in a few hours boosted.
Shoes...

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7629 on: February 26, 2012, 07:10:33 am »

Imo the best idea is to fill the runebook with T1 runes for champs you like playing with (be it a Mage DPS or a Tank) and then gradually replace them with T3
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7630 on: February 26, 2012, 11:39:54 am »

Atmogs is definitely not unbeatable. It's not even the best build on most tanky dps.

Actually, the Mogs part of Atmogs is starting to become outdated as people will buy frozen mallet, triforce, randuins, etc, and build atmas after that. Phage -> Atmas is pretty popular right now, actually. Throw in a Wit's End and you have an irelia. I don't find many people building an actual warmogs anymore unless their champ itself does well with tons of HP (Mundo, Volibear).

In other news, Viktor is probably the strongest mage in the game right now. His burst is incredible along with his utility/poking potential. After watching a few competitive Viktors I decided to buy him, and he's definitely as strong as I thought he was. His ult alone has a 2.3 AP ratio if every tick of it gets off. After that, if you get augment death your laser has a .9 ratio and then your Q has a .65 ratio (with a shield), and his W is an extremely powerful AOE CC. Basically his W is Swain's if you traded the damage for harder CC.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7631 on: February 26, 2012, 12:01:01 pm »

Imo the best idea is to fill the runebook with T1 runes for champs you like playing with (be it a Mage DPS or a Tank) and then gradually replace them with T3
Yeah, that's what I'm having my friend do. He's already got 7k IP saved at lvl 13.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7632 on: February 26, 2012, 12:09:38 pm »

Yeah, that's what I'm having my friend do. He's already got 7k IP saved at lvl 13.
It's mostly because you get significantly higher ip rewards at low levels. I'd go with what Cthulhu said and save it all up. Even if you only used about 400ip for tier 1 runes, that's about 3 - 4 hours of game time you're not getting back for a relatively miniscule advantage.

And if you're like me, you're going to be even more pissed off by the fact that the only way to get rid of them is to rune combine them, which will not only leave you with crap... but unorganized, individual one-off runes that are pointless, thus forever cluttering your inventory.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7633 on: February 26, 2012, 12:13:09 pm »

Plus I think the rune combiner's broken right now, so you won't even get that until the fix it. :P
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7634 on: February 26, 2012, 12:15:33 pm »

It's mostly because you get significantly higher ip rewards at low levels. I'd go with what Cthulhu said and save it all up. Even if you only used about 400ip for tier 1 runes, that's about 3 - 4 hours of game time you're not getting back for a relatively miniscule advantage.

And if you're like me, you're going to be even more pissed off by the fact that the only way to get rid of them is to rune combine them, which will not only leave you with crap... but unorganized, individual one-off runes that are pointless, thus forever cluttering your inventory.

I got a T3 2% exp bonus quint armor quint and a critical damage quint for combining T1 runes.
It's a gamble and sometimes you just win.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 [509] 510 511 ... 1067