Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272561 times)

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Nautilus, the Titan of the Depths - 1.0.0.134
« Reply #7606 on: February 25, 2012, 06:26:38 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_ocwVLv55Y&feature=g-u-u&context=G21d29f9FUAAAAAAAAAA

Patch preview is up.

• Not a big fan of Lux, but the changes seem neat.
  • I don't play or see Olaf really so his changes don't matter to me all that much.
  • I'm liking that Ziggs lost damage from his minefield, but he won't run out of mana using it so quick. Kinda balanced I guess.
  • Jungle sigils give mana as well now. Since I jungle a lot, I like this very much.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7607 on: February 25, 2012, 06:31:04 am »

I just went 10-1 as Warwick against an Akali top.

I have to say, Lanewick is one of the funnest things ever.

edit: http://imgur.com/kGwFa

If you haven't tried it, I really think you should. Loads of fun. Excuse the weird builds. ;D
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 08:22:16 am by FluffyToast J »

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7608 on: February 25, 2012, 06:48:55 am »

Starting to amass some decent IP again, and trying to figure who to buy next. Given the success I've been having with the "AoE farmer/pusher" build for several characters, I'm trying to figure out who would make the best champ for this kind of build. And googling it finds dozens of threads around the net where a lot of semi-illiterate people yell out different champ names at each other and get into savage yet puerile arguments about it.

Corki has a lot of area attacks, but most Corkis I've ever seen have been kind of derpy.
Amumu has his constant HP drain AoE thing, but he's slooooow.
Late-game Sivir can ricochet and boomerang the heck out of a creep wave, but then I find almost everybody becomes an effective pusher late-game. I'm looking for champs that can push well early and mid game.
Thoughts?
Corki is an alright pusher early and mid game, and Corkis might seem kinda derpy because he requires good management which low leveled summoners really can't grasp. You have to manage your sheen/trinity procs with Corki to do a good amount of damage, but when you do; you can pretty much one vs one anyone mid game.

Late game, though, he starts to fall off in team fights due to his poor range but he's a god pusher. He can push down a minion wave quick smart with R, E and Q and by spamming his abilities to proc trinity, he can take down a turret very very fast.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7609 on: February 25, 2012, 07:14:16 am »

I'm really frustrated with the current metagolem situation. The whole Warmogs, Atma's Impaler, and Frozen Mallet build that just ... destroys when you're able to build them. I'm just really discouraged sometimes to go a squishier/high damage champions because what's the point when Volibear hits me from full HP down to dead?  I've done so, and have witnessed tanks just totally dominate when they're essentially... tanks. They build nothing but tank items, and still just shred through the majority of the team.

We were ahead last game by about 7 kills. I was playing Janna support for an Ashe down bot. We laned against Graves and Volibear support. I warded, I zephyr'd and toss and Graves into the air whenever they got to close. We couldn't get any kills bot because of Ashe's naturally passiveness, Graves' mobility and Volibear's toss. Top and Mid were doing great however. Anyhow.. Comes the teamfight phase. Despite our mid (Cassiopeia) just catching all but one of them in her ULT-stun, they didn't die because every single one of them as Warmogs/Frozen Mallet/etc... Afterwards, it was just clean up once our nukes were gone. Graves didn't even join the fight, he was already dead. Their team comp went something like... Graves, Volibear, Nautilus, Mordekaiser, and Nasus.

I just feel .. that there should be a noticeable difference between tanks and other roles. I don't want tanks to do NO damage, tanks are an integral part of any game and should provide significant advantages when played right...but for champions to go legendary with NOTHING but tank items makes it really discouraging to play a squishy ol' AD carry.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7610 on: February 25, 2012, 07:21:10 am »

I'm really frustrated with the current metagolem situation. The whole Warmogs, Atma's Impaler, and Frozen Mallet build that just ... destroys when you're able to build them. I'm just really discouraged sometimes to go a squishier/high damage champions because what's the point when Volibear hits me from full HP down to dead?  I've done so, and have witnessed tanks just totally dominate when they're essentially... tanks. They build nothing but tank items, and still just shred through the majority of the team.

We were ahead last game by about 7 kills. I was playing Janna support for an Ashe down bot. We laned against Graves and Volibear support. I warded, I zephyr'd and toss and Graves into the air whenever they got to close. We couldn't get any kills bot because of Ashe's naturally passiveness, Graves' mobility and Volibear's toss. Top and Mid were doing great however. Anyhow.. Comes the teamfight phase. Despite our mid (Cassiopeia) just catching all but one of them in her ULT-stun, they didn't die because every single one of them as Warmogs/Frozen Mallet/etc... Afterwards, it was just clean up once our nukes were gone. Graves didn't even join the fight, he was already dead. Their team comp went something like... Graves, Volibear, Nautilus, Mordekaiser, and Nasus.

I just feel .. that there should be a noticeable difference between tanks and other roles. I don't want tanks to do NO damage, tanks are an integral part of any game and should provide significant advantages when played right...but for champions to go legendary with NOTHING but tank items makes it really discouraging to play a squishy ol' AD carry.
Mandreds blood razor melts them down mid game. Late game, when they've got a lot of magic resist + health, you've just gotta hope that your tank doesn't die first.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7611 on: February 25, 2012, 07:47:39 am »

This is a very big problem in LoL, and I'm afraid it won't get changed. In fact, Riot just keeps going even faster towards the tanky guys who have more damage than glass cannons.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7612 on: February 25, 2012, 08:49:08 am »

Mandreds blood razor melts them down mid game. Late game, when they've got a lot of magic resist + health, you've just gotta hope that your tank doesn't die first.
Problem is that a Madred's Bloodrazor is really expensive at 3800g. Atma's, a giant's belt, and a ruby only costs about 130g more, and have far broader uses than the bloodrazor

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7613 on: February 25, 2012, 11:13:15 am »

Problem is that a Madred's Bloodrazor is really expensive at 3800g. Atma's, a giant's belt, and a ruby only costs about 130g more, and have far broader uses than the bloodrazor
Not really, bloodrazor is a really strong item for carries since it gives damage, armour, attack speed and % health damage. I mean, it's a very nice package actually - and it's second to Wriggles for taking down objectives like Baron and Dragon.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7614 on: February 25, 2012, 12:45:49 pm »

The whole point of meta golem is taking it on the chin.

bloodthirster/frozen mallet makes that pretty hard.

You really can't fight them straight up, you need the advantage, and some counter-bulk.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7615 on: February 25, 2012, 01:22:40 pm »

I don't think I've ever been in a position where the best item to get was Bloodrazor.
Shoes...

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7616 on: February 25, 2012, 01:51:09 pm »

One of ezreal's strongest per-slot items is bloodrazor.

Unfortunately, it's way too expensive for that shit.

At the end of the game, if you don't need two bloodthirsters, get a bloodrazor.

But it really doesn't compare to having a second bloodthirster cheaper.

Plus trin-force/bloodrazor is really goddamn expensive.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7617 on: February 25, 2012, 01:56:53 pm »

Tanky derps has become so freaking prevalent that I tend to get a Bloodrazor on Tyrinda now, getting a razor early on to help with farming/laning and turning it into bloodrazor after getting the PD/Infi combo.

And they do need to do something because right now all you need for a certain win is  a five man tanky derps team. If you get trough the first 10 minutes barring complete retardation your win should be pretty much guaranteed whatever they have (unless it's another five man tanky derps team).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7618 on: February 25, 2012, 02:32:26 pm »

what about five-man aoe comp?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7619 on: February 25, 2012, 07:08:33 pm »

I think umi picked it apart nicely once, entirely dependant on location and the other team having as little cc/dashes as possible, doable if you are organized enough. Tanky derps teams have no real weakness, they dish out damage like silly and can take as much damage as a tank, you might burst down one or two if you are fed and they aren't even then the other three will gleefully murder you without much trouble.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 1067