Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272627 times)

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Nautilus, the Titan of the Depths - 1.0.0.134
« Reply #7575 on: February 21, 2012, 11:28:54 pm »

Nautilus is probably going to become my main. Amumu will be sad about that, but oh well. His ult is the "you can't escape from me" button. Shaco or Kassadin always getting away from you? Press R and solve everything!

I've been playing Naut nonstop, he's so much fun. He's also made me take up jungling again. I think I'm 2/4 with him in ranked.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7576 on: February 21, 2012, 11:56:04 pm »

After a debut made of weaponized fail, and a long exile training against the best the digital world had to offer (insert training montage of running up and down stairs chasing Teemo, punching Malphite over and over again hoping to actually do some damage, etc.), I have returned to the PvP queues and reached the elusive .500 mark.

Seriously, it was an uphill climb. I was somewhere around 6-23 when I started. Now I'm 29-29. Mediocre is me!

Hey, going 23/6 over your last 29 normals is a really respectable. I don't think I've done that consistently well for that long. Sure, I'll win 9 out of 10 games every once in a while but there's always a 3-4 loss streak lurking nearby.

I've been playing Naut nonstop, he's so much fun. He's also made me take up jungling again. I think I'm 2/4 with him in ranked.

I've yet to try him in ranked. How long after a champion comes out is it acceptable to play them in ranked?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7577 on: February 22, 2012, 12:13:09 am »

Okay, Autolock Naut who doesn't say what he's doing, cool. Wukong, alright we got our top, assuming Nauts bot we need an AD and an AP. Nope, we get a mundo. Okay baby lucky lucky rooooooll nope jungle Leona. Bitch I'm jungling. Oh thank god you're switchi-You're poppy.

Fuck this game.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:36:58 am by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7578 on: February 22, 2012, 12:36:18 am »

I think it's been well established that this is not a gome for relaxing

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7579 on: February 22, 2012, 12:37:11 am »

I think it's been well established that this is not a gome for relaxing

We won 22/5 with them surrendering at 20. Also their ashe bought wriggles. This game messes with my brain.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7580 on: February 22, 2012, 09:22:30 am »

After a debut made of weaponized fail, and a long exile training against the best the digital world had to offer (insert training montage of running up and down stairs chasing Teemo, punching Malphite over and over again hoping to actually do some damage, etc.), I have returned to the PvP queues and reached the elusive .500 mark.

Seriously, it was an uphill climb. I was somewhere around 6-23 when I started. Now I'm 29-29. Mediocre is me!

Hey, going 23/6 over your last 29 normals is a really respectable. I don't think I've done that consistently well for that long. Sure, I'll win 9 out of 10 games every once in a while but there's always a 3-4 loss streak lurking nearby.

Thanks. I credit my devloping an effective hybrid Miss Fortune build, and learning how to build runes and masteries a bit better. Also, the changes to give more gold and xp from minion farming made a HUGE difference. I play most games as a farmer, even with a tanky melee like Malphite. I'm pretty much not playing anybody who can't AoE or some semblance thereof.

It's been a winning formula for me: Nom up those creep waves, buy ALL the things, crush your enemies, drive them before you, and dance to the ragequits of their women.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7581 on: February 22, 2012, 11:00:18 am »

It's been a winning formula for me: Nom up those creep waves, buy ALL the things, crush your enemies, drive them before you, and dance to the ragequits of their women.

Mine too, for the most part. I can't teamfight well or even gank all that well, but damn, if I can't get a good number of last-hits, usually.
Also often called Boowells.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7582 on: February 22, 2012, 12:11:05 pm »

I'm kinda amazed at the number of people who don't jungle and don't farm, and just try to build up by ganks.
Newsflash, folks: that don't fly anymore. People who only gank die to people who farm. Cause even if you sit back and leech off the XP from your lanemate farming, they're going to have several hundred gold that you don't. Had a lot of matches lately that drove me nuts because we'd get a Yi or Fizz or Teemo that would literally hide out in a bush near the lanefight and refuse to do anything other than sit there and leech XP off my farming. Then bitch at me "stop feeding noob" when I got ganked 3v1 while they sat there and did nothing, or ran away.

Hopefully as my win streak builds, I'll elo away from that class of moron.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7583 on: February 22, 2012, 12:32:34 pm »

I'd rather have die-to-wolfs-at-2:30 noobs then those annoying "K/D IS EVERYTHING" cs kiddys...

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7584 on: February 22, 2012, 12:36:11 pm »

Spoiler: Haha oh wow (click to show/hide)
This game was so fun at the end, me and Sivir backdoored all the time so the enemies were kinda at a stalemate. Well, our team baited them at baron, which allowed me to teleport to their base and rape the nexus. Olaf did try to defend, but he didn't manage to kill me in time (I had about 100 hp when nexus died)

Needless to say, the enemies were pissed. Ashe raged "MY TEAM SUCKS!!!!", LB shouted that we were miserable when we had to win by backdooring, and Olaf asked everyone to "JUST SHUT UP!!" at the aftergame lobby.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7585 on: February 22, 2012, 12:43:15 pm »

Every LeBlanc game ends with the LeBlanc having 400 kills and complaining about how the other team is cheating.
Shoes...

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7586 on: February 22, 2012, 01:25:59 pm »

Every LeBlanc game ends with the LeBlanc having 400 kills and complaining about how the other team is cheating.
"on the inside i know i won"

She said that actually.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7587 on: February 22, 2012, 01:37:50 pm »

Yeah, that's LeBlanc for you.
Shoes...

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7588 on: February 22, 2012, 03:12:21 pm »

Lux support is best support.

Nah, really, she's quite good for an offensive/harassy lane, and can take Clarity to amplify that. Can't take much pressure, though, and has pre-6 problems, particularily against sustainers.

And then you have Lux with a stacked Soulstealer and everything goes downhill. Unfortunately, I got killed near the end, tarnishing the perfect stats. :(
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7589 on: February 22, 2012, 03:50:33 pm »

I'm kinda amazed at the number of people who don't jungle and don't farm, and just try to build up by ganks.
Newsflash, folks: that don't fly anymore. People who only gank die to people who farm. Cause even if you sit back and leech off the XP from your lanemate farming, they're going to have several hundred gold that you don't. Had a lot of matches lately that drove me nuts because we'd get a Yi or Fizz or Teemo that would literally hide out in a bush near the lanefight and refuse to do anything other than sit there and leech XP off my farming. Then bitch at me "stop feeding noob" when I got ganked 3v1 while they sat there and did nothing, or ran away.

Hopefully as my win streak builds, I'll elo away from that class of moron.
This is really prevalent, but if you think about it, it's really just more fun to gank other lanes and kill them. Which is why people do it. It's kind of a shame, really, that you get punished a bit for leaving your lane for a minute to help out another lane. It removes a bit of teamwork. I've gotten into the habit of playing with my friend, so we sit there and have fun killing everyone else and if we lose, we lose, and if we win, we win. I mean, using my Malphite ult to steal dragon is almost as fun as having three enemies use all of their abilities on me and led into the rest of my team.

It's just about having fun. And it is so much more fun to play like that. So much fun.
Pages: 1 ... 504 505 [506] 507 508 ... 1067