Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272988 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Ziggs, the Hexplosives Expert - 1.0.0.133
« Reply #7320 on: February 07, 2012, 12:33:46 pm »

Ah shaco... it either goes really well (11/1/4 last game, enemy surrender at 20) or really bad (listing to our sion who is PUNCHING THE ENEMY TOWER "gank mid, noob" - then dies to there jungler (cause you know, he is under enemy tower at 2:20) "Noob jungler, gg, pro jungler")

Shaco is... well let's just say that, in over 1 year of playing LoL, i never once played with/against a Shaco that had any (positive) influence on the outcome of the match. He's just that dude that fails most of his ganks and has no early game, no end game, barely any mid game, and is only good at one thing : escaping. Annoying ? Yes. Useful ? No. (This is 100% a subjective opinion but i'm sticking to it until proven wrong).

What baffles me is that he is still played quite often.

How I see Shaco:

When he is on the enemy team, he ganks better than half of the champs together, he gets fed as fuck, he picks off our carries in teamfights and then escapes and backdoors while getting a quadrakill at the same time, all with his clone.

When he is on my team, he plays AP and sits at a bush 24/7, getting 2 kills then enemies don't go to the jungle and our Shaco still sits at jungle.

EDIT: Also, what would you guys think if Riot made a gamemode where you could tweak champion/item stats and abilities? For testing funny shit, like how a 50000 wide wall of ice that lasts 60 seconds would make the game turn out. Or maybe GP's ult which has the AoE size half of the map, which rains cannonballs for 5 minutes, but like 5 cannonballs in the are per second. Or make the Gp's ult like MF's make it rain, have the cannonballs drop at a 5x rate. All this cool stuff I would want to try...

Also I'd have Mundo's E give 1 attack per 10 health lost instead of per 1% lost. Mock my Mundo now, eh...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 01:24:08 pm by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7321 on: February 07, 2012, 03:39:08 pm »

Lux Bot needs to die. Lasers shooting out of the jungle do not make my day.

Feel like I'm really starting to come into my own with MF. I can pretty reliably hold my own solo top or solo mid, as long as I remember to play harassment rather than direct fighting.

Also, bought Poppy on a lark and took her into an AI match for a test run. Had the first 3 teamkills, all in the first five minutes.  :D
Kinda petered out after that, still finished 8/1/4 or so. E+Q is so awesome early on for her. Bumrush out of the weeds, pin the enemy against a tree and proceed to whale on them with a big old hammer. Satisfying.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: February 07, 2012, 03:45:52 pm »

Yeah... and there's nothing quite like seeing Karthus's ult start when everyone has full health, then having three other bots jump out of a bush and take you low enough for it to demolish you.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7323 on: February 07, 2012, 04:50:33 pm »

New Cass guide from Reginald.  A little sparse but there's a commentary that's really good.  The rushing wota over deathcap was an awesome idea and I wish I'd thought to do that earlier.  Totally wrecked a Xerath in lane, got two kills on him before 15 minutes.
Shoes...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: February 07, 2012, 05:25:46 pm »

So I played more jungle Poppy, copying off SpamHappy, the 1900 elo player who only plays poppy. He did an AMA on reddit yesterday, so now I have his build and it's pretty sweet.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7325 on: February 07, 2012, 05:50:36 pm »

Bots are also wicked good at stunning right after I start MF's ult. Five times in a row vs. Lux and Taric. It's kinda fun to see the AI putting up a decent fight. I even got ganked by 3 of them in the jungle from 3 different directions. This is for you, Riot AI scripters:

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7326 on: February 07, 2012, 06:40:29 pm »

Brand bot is disgustingly good at stunning you.

He kept wrecking pro as heck Yi because even with 600 MS I couldn't dodge his bullshit.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: February 08, 2012, 12:46:13 am »

Copypasta from Reddit:
I've been playing LoL for about 2 years, and am a semi-decent player. I surf between 1300-1400, and consider myself not-horrible. I like to get drunk and have fun, so I end up getting greedy and losing. I accept that. I think my understanding of the game is greater than my ability to play it (as a lot of people here seem), and I've also accepted that.

One thing that has started to piss me off, however, are the rabid dependencies on guides and build orders (at least at lowish ELOs and on new toons). You see a metric fuck-ton of identical builds that are suspiciously like the build mentioned in Chaox's guides, with little thought going into why or when you should be building this or that.

I think guides are fucking us up.

First off, let's talk about who wrote the guide, and what they expect of an average game to use this guide with. Do you have 100cs per 10minutes? Are you 10/1 in 15 minutes? No? Then these guides are fucking not for you. You are not great. You cannot afford to rush a deathcap at 12min - you get it at 24 and have had 1 doran's ring this whole fucking time? Why? Because HotShotGG told you to?

Fuck HotShotGG.

You are just an average player, fucking up, herping and derping, missing cs, missing dragon, and feeding that fucking Kass. You actually kinda suck. Besides, these guides are min/max'd to give you absolute dominance...assuming no one shoots back and you don't die. Assuming Panth didn't get fed up top and isn't now dropping in every cooldown to get a double-kill bot.

How many times have you made it past half build and said oh I don't know what to get now, lemme check solomid real quick.

This is where you are assfucking yourself.

If you are piloting your own game, and not trying to play as Dyrus, you don't hit that question, because you know what you need. You're doing awesome, and you're an AD carry, you need more damage. You're doing fucking terrible and Karth is lighting you up, you need more MR. These are basic truths that should be pretty fucking self-evident - I mean, you HAVE been playing the game, right? You did just see what the fuck happened to you 10 seconds ago, right?

But what items!?! I need to know what items!!! Use your stupid eyes and fucking look. What are you? AD Carry? Turns out there is a whole fucking store page just for you, if you want to ATTACK, and build DAMAGE..oh shit, we're there! Now just pick your ancillary perk (hrm attack speed sounds good, oh shit they have a stat called that!!!). Sure, you'll end up with similar items, and you'll probably build it the same way 4/5 times, but the point is this: YOU ARE BUILDING IT LIVE. Not just following what some mope said - you are doing it based on what just happened to you in the last 5 minutes. You are now doing all this complex substitution and you didn't even know it.

So are guides worthless? No, not hardly. They often contain some pretty valuable insights on how a skill works, which ones scale the best, and a good suggestion of runes to use. They can reveal which items ideally work the best with your champ. But please, for the love of Sagan, build your own items as you go.

It's like the old saying: Teach a man to fish and he can fish all fucking day. Give a man a fish and that mother fucker will blame the jungle for not ganking enough. It's easy. Here is the pole. There are the fish. Go fuck them up with that fucking pole.

Tl;dr: Play Jax with the angler skin.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: February 08, 2012, 04:08:52 am »

Bots are also wicked good at stunning right after I start MF's ult. Five times in a row vs. Lux and Taric. It's kinda fun to see the AI putting up a decent fight. I even got ganked by 3 of them in the jungle from 3 different directions.

Bots aren't "good", they just have a perfect ping and perfect timing, meaning they can chain theirs spells instantly, faster than any human is capable of. They don't use a mouse and keyboard and they don't lose time sending orders from their brains to their fingers. It's like playing against the highest difficulty bots in an FPS, they will be using the equivalent of an aimbot to perfectly target you at all times in a way no human can achieve without cheating.

Yet bots still suck in my opinion. Sure if you get too cocky they might surprise you once or twice and kill you after all 5 of them drop everything they have on you, but in the long run their "strategy" won't work, because they have none beyond "drop all my spells on this guy and run away as soon as i hit 25% hp" and "push push push".

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7329 on: February 08, 2012, 05:50:41 am »

The beauty of the bots is that they play as a team.

In other news: Somehow, some guys managed to have bots play there chars.

I am not shitting you... qued for a normal draft 5v5, NA.

We played versus bots for some reason... they acted perfectly like bots, got items independent of CS kills, always worked in PERFECT unison, made bot mistakes (like one of us was irelia and if he left the fog of war, all bots instantly moved towards him - they always hit at max range with there direct cast spells, they perfectly time CC - but fuck up all the things bots fuck up, too. Not a single chat line said, didn't answer our questions if they are bots... game took like 45 mins.

Stranges game in a long time, we reported them for being bots as strange as that is.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7330 on: February 08, 2012, 07:54:17 am »

That doesn't mean they're bots. They could be just using teamchat, or maybe speak trough Vent or something. And players doing similar mistakes as bots? Yeah, that is common.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7331 on: February 08, 2012, 01:55:29 pm »

Bots are server-side. To get the bots to play your character, you'd have to work at Riot.

Also, bots don't have perfect timing. They'd be a lot harder if they did. The AI people said they programmed in some delay to make them more human, but I assume it's still on the faster side of human so they don't seem clumsy and slow to people with better reaction times.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7332 on: February 08, 2012, 03:31:41 pm »

I have to agree with that epic rant that umiman posted. I've mostly avoided the playerguides and whatnot and just learned to build what works for me. I play MF as a pusher, building E and W almost exclusively. Q is the last thing to get tacked on, because it doesn't seem all that great to me, whereas I live and die by my E and R. This means my item build needs to straddle AP and AD, with a touch of cooldown reduction and lifesteal to boot.

So i wind up getting boots first, then building a Gunblade, then a Manamune. Then maybe a Frozen Mallet. Hell, past the boots and Gunblade I just play the items by ear based on what I'm needing.
Is it tweaked for maximum efficiency? No.
Does it work? Well, I now average 0-2 deaths per match (unless we're getting stomped hard), typically outlevel the rest of my team, and I can hold any lane solo for the entire first half of the match. And I usually have a huge lead in minion kills at the end of the match, and a significant amount of gold. Once Make It Rain gets amped up good, it's instadeath to an oncoming creep wave, with all that gold that entails. Which enables me to steamroll the item builds, which lets me kill all the things, which gets me moar gold, which...you get the idea. It's a beautiful thing once it gets rolling.

It's not a pure AP build, more of a hybrid build. It works for me. Even if I don't rock the Casbah and get 20 kills a match, I tie up people in my lane to the point where they're having to call in reinforcements and make things easier for my team elsewhere. Or I'm in ur base, shooting ur tower.

And then when the teamfights come, I can lay down a field of fire that does major damage, slows the enemy and usually sends them running for cover. If they group up and rush me, I toss my head back, laugh maniacally and unleash a cone of bullet death. Either way, we're that much closer to a win.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: February 08, 2012, 03:56:36 pm »

Summoners!

This past December we gave a holiday gift to all of you who had made a commitment to being a positive force in the League of Legends community. We also announced that the 450 Riot Points that you received were to lay the groundwork for a new initiative to further reward all summoners as they advance in the League of Legends.

In keeping with this objective, we’re going to begin distributing some rewards to our new players to help them on their way to level 30. Once a new summoner reaches level 3 they will receive 400 Riot Points as a reward for their participation and perseverance up to that point.

Now if you turned level 3 between our Naughty or Nice initiative last December and the time we begin the new program, don’t worry! We’re aware that you’re also due for a reward, and we’re committed to making sure that you receive it.

Stay tuned for more information as we draw closer to the release of this new program!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=20724757#post20724757

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: February 08, 2012, 04:22:19 pm »

What about us who became level 3 before that?
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 1067